UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lawler and Ellenberger were randomly tested....

6/12/14 10:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for their fight and both made it into the cage.  Lawler looked awesome.

I say randomly test fighters but keep the results and any potential punishments until after they fight. 

6/12/14 10:22 AM
ShowtimeKnee

Look at Jakes physique at the 173 weigh ins and look at his previous weigh ins.
6/12/14 10:23 AM
orcus

"I say randomly test fighters but keep the results and any potential punishments until after they fight. "

Since the point of prohibiting the substances is for safety and fairness reasons, this is ridiculous.
6/12/14 10:24 AM
MMALOGIC

ShowtimeKnee - Look at Jakes physique at the 173 weigh ins and look at his previous weigh ins.

do you have any comparisons?

6/12/14 10:34 AM
Brian Rule
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - "I say randomly test fighters but keep the results and any potential punishments until after they fight. "

Since the point of prohibiting the substances is for safety and fairness reasons, this is ridiculous.

Agreed. I don't like this scenario

1. Fighter A pops hot. Fighter B passes.
2. Fighter A and Fighter B still fight.
3. Fighter A wins, sends Fighter B to the hospital.
4. ????????
5. ZUFFA PROFIT
6/12/14 10:37 AM
Don_Dada
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I say randomly test fighters but keep the results and any potential punishments until after they fight."

How the hell does that make sense? So Zuffa can still profit from the cheating? What about if the guy playing by the rules gets his skull cracked in from the guy juiced to the gills and even though they know he's a juice monkey they still allowed him to go out and potentially ruin someone else's career. Is that fair in your world? Where is the logic, MMALOGIC? Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:40 AM
Calavaro
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

I say randomly test fighters but keep the results and any potential punishments until after they fight. 

That's the dimmest thing I have heard someone say about failed results. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:44 AM
ShowtimeKnee

http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/jake-ellenberger-5.jpg = pre random testing

http://www1.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20140523052944_5D3_6556.JPG = last fight with random testing

I could be crazy but i noticed it straight away.
6/12/14 10:46 AM
ranier wolfcastle
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
ShowtimeKnee - Look at Jakes physique at the 173 weigh ins and look at his previous weigh ins.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/710375/gyi0064516827_medium.jpghttp://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4502249/Robbie-Jake.jpg

6/12/14 10:46 AM
LucasBTiger
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Rule -
orcus - "I say randomly test fighters but keep the results and any potential punishments until after they fight. "

4. ????????
5. ZUFFA PROFIT
I agree.

But, what about clean fighter B who needs to pay bills and now lacks a fight?

If they let the fight go on, regardless of the result, and fighter B gets both purses... That benefits the clean fighter putting food on the table and Zuffa.

Just playing devils advocate... Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:48 AM
ShowtimeKnee

ranier wolfcastle - 
MMALOGIC - 

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/710375/gyi0064516827_medium.jpghttp://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4502249/Robbie-Jake.jpg

You do realise the UFC 129 fight was on like 1 week notice right?
6/12/14 10:52 AM
ShaneMillerBJJ
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LucasBTiger -
Brian Rule -

4. ????????
5. ZUFFA PROFIT
I agree.

But, what about clean fighter B who needs to pay bills and now lacks a fight?

If they let the fight go on, regardless of the result, and fighter B gets both purses... That benefits the clean fighter putting food on the table and Zuffa.

Just playing devils advocate... Phone Post 3.0
If a fighter really needs money maybe they shouldn't cheat and put getting paid at all in jeopardy? Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:52 AM
ShaneMillerBJJ
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit I read that wrong carry on Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:57 AM
hendofanforlife
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShowtimeKnee - 
ranier wolfcastle - 
MMALOGIC - 

You do realise the UFC 129 fight was on like 1 week notice right?

And it's 3 years ago and he is standing different. Looks identical lol

6/12/14 11:02 AM
Lazer MMA

MMALOGIC - 

Where TF is the source and what were the dates of the tests?
6/12/14 11:05 AM
T1LT

Weigh in pics am stupid, show in cage photos if anything. Phone Post
6/12/14 11:07 AM
gokudamus

not ideal but not totally ridiculous...probably one of the biggest reasons the ufc doesnt want more testing is because they lose fights...if this is the only compromise that can be reached , its better than nothing..it still will deter use and thats what randomized testing is...you dont catch everyone, its about the threat of getting caught
6/12/14 11:15 AM
hendofanforlife
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus - 

not ideal but not totally ridiculous...probably one of the biggest reasons the ufc doesnt want more testing is because they lose fights...if this is the only compromise that can be reached , its better than nothing..it still will deter use and thats what randomized testing is...you dont catch everyone, its about the threat of getting caught

Why would there have to be any sort of compromise? 

6/12/14 11:20 AM
Blipty_Blurred
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShowtimeKnee - Look at Jakes physique at the 173 weigh ins and look at his previous weigh ins.
I have studied it closely and have noticed certain chiseled features that once were there are sadly no longer. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 11:22 AM
gokudamus

hendofanforlife - 
gokudamus - 

because we live in the real world...the ACs cant fund randomized testing...its on the ufc..the ufc is a for-profit org...they arent going to do something that economically hurts their business....right now the clamor about PEDs hasnt quite outweighed losing big fights yet
6/12/14 11:23 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 06/12/14 11:23 AM

Test was 4 weeks out.

Is 6 weeks out is much better?

4 weeks was ideal?
6/12/14 11:34 AM
hendofanforlife

gokudamus - 
hendofanforlife - 
gokudamus - 

because we live in the real world...the ACs cant fund randomized testing...its on the ufc..the ufc is a for-profit org...they arent going to do something that economically hurts their business....right now the clamor about PEDs hasnt quite outweighed losing big fights yet

Or, you know, the athletes could stop cheating. Plus they'll just add 5$ to fightpass to cover it. 

6/12/14 11:42 AM
DirtyLickinsBrah
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - "I say randomly test fighters but keep the results and any potential punishments until after they fight. "

Agreed, makes no sense at all when considering fighter safety.

Something lacking here from op's name. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 11:44 AM
MMALOGIC

gokudamus - 
hendofanforlife - 
gokudamus - 

Children dont understand the real world... they want the govt to do everything for them.  They want obama to give them free cell phones and shit.

6/12/14 11:50 AM
hendofanforlife

MMALOGIC - 
gokudamus - 
hendofanforlife - 
gokudamus - 

Children dont understand the real world... they want the govt to do everything for them.  They want obama to give them free cell phones and shit.

So you are against these random tests because the nsac is ordering them and the UFC Is footing the bill? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.