UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Liberal Cunt Offended by Song, War on Trader Joes

6/13/14 9:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HereWeAre
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C0NAN -
HereWeAre - 
anklelockcity - what is offensive about "under my thumb" ????????? because he says like a dog that had her day?? that's fucking expression

99% of cable TV is more offensive.

This whole P.C shit is REAALLLLY getting out of control, people are starting to get really strange and something needs to be done to these kind of people because they're the problem in society.
What do you suggest? How about ignoring them? Phone Post 3.0

If only they would ignore everyone else.

No, PCers get in EVERONE else's business, and EVERYONE else just wants them to fuck off.

Is trader Joe's changing the music?

All I see is a dumbass getting mad about a song and a group of dumb asses getting mad about the first dumbass. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 10:04 AM
thickfreakness
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A left wing crazy getting mad at trader joes is biting the non-GMO, no antibiotic hand that feeds you. There is a trader joes in my town and it's always full of hippies,hardcore feminists and college kids. I doubt they meant any harm, so why cry about something so insignificant? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:16 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - Fucking lol @ entitled retards being offended by everything. My god
This.

It's all selective outrage.

People live to be "outraged".

Really it's just mildly pissed off that something you don't like is allowed to exist.

The outrage is that you cannot control matters and make THEM stop because it bothers YOU.

It's like how many men and women don't mind loud pipes on Harley's. No problems with gaggles of loud pipe bikes ripping ass at 8am on a weekend morning.

But those same loud pipe lovers are wanting cops to stop loud stereos because one car makes a "boom boom" noise past their house after 10pm.

Call me crazy but a few seconds of bass is far better than the reboot of Mad Max being shot outside your window.

If these people were offended by vehicle noise they would be against ALL of it.

It's selective. Their loud bikes are cool so get over it.

Those kids with music? Now THAT must be stopped.

That's the same logic here with demanding songs be banned.

Look back after 9/11 when Clear Channel banned a laundry list of songs.

They did so because it was easier to ban The Box Tops "The Letter" on an oldie station than to deal with some crazy hausfraus on a mission to burn down the station because they dared play it.

That's the bullshit hypocrisy side of it.

What they like you must tolerate.

What they don't like?

Well, you'd better change it. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:19 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C0NAN -
HereWeAre - 
C0NAN -
HereWeAre - 
anklelockcity - what is offensive about "under my thumb" ????????? because he says like a dog that had her day?? that's fucking expression

This whole P.C shit is REAALLLLY getting out of control, people are starting to get really strange and something needs to be done to these kind of people because they're the problem in society.

No, PCers get in EVERONE else's business, and EVERYONE else just wants them to fuck off.

All I see is a dumbass getting mad about a song and a group of dumb asses getting mad about the first dumbass. Phone Post 3.0

I think she was silly to take it that far, but her initial request was not unreasonable.

She was a paying customer and didn't want to hear a song about "putting women under thumb" while she was shopping.

The manager should have said: "Alright, we'll take that song off the list," and been done with it.

The manager lacked authority to "take it off the list".

So you'd rather he lied to the customer to placate her?

What if she returned a week later and heard the song again? (Rotations are rather tight on these Muzak services so it is likely)

She would then claim he lied to her and would be on a bigger warpath.

The manager cannot remove a song.

How would him lying to the customer have been a better move?

He was forthright and honest and explained just what ladder she must climb to present her grievance to those who can change it.

The manager is definitely not in the wrong at all. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 5:48 PM
Choochy
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Just like the Radio"
"I can turn that off"

Guy had her there. Should have just told her she can shop elsewhere.

Either way, "fuck you cunt" was the correct answer to her complaint. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 6:00 PM
Kmonk
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C0NAN - 
HereWeAre - 
C0NAN -
HereWeAre - 

I think she was silly to take it that far, but her initial request was not unreasonable.

She was a paying customer and didn't want to hear a song about "putting women under thumb" while she was shopping.

The manager should have said: "Alright, we'll take that song off the list," and been done with it.

From a customer service standpoint, I agree with this. A lot of times, customers make requests or complaints- such as this one- that the employee just doesn't have the power to resolve. Unfortunately, you can't just tell a customer to fuck off.

Best course of action is to just agree with them and tell them you'll take care of it. 9 out of ten times, the customer will never even think about the issue again.
6/13/14 6:34 PM
JudOWNED
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy lady: Don't you think there's a lot of racist, sexist and misogynistic songs they play?

Store manager: Um...

Crazy lady: I mean you play *lists a bunch of random songs*. And those are all bad!

Store manager : Uh, I guess so...

"Yet he also admitted that probably a lot of the songs were “racist, sexist, and misogynistic.” Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 6:58 PM
shen
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/13/14 8:28 PM
Black Belt, Torrance, CA

I stopped shopping at Trader Joe's soon as I realized they are not only obviously misogynist, but also classically racist imperialists. --Ever notice the "olde tyme" theme of the store? Ah yes,  the "good old days" when white men ruled the world with an iron first! --Seriously TJ's... THAT'S the theme of your store? 

And why "Trader Joe's" and HIS white, male colonial opressor's idea of what is "exotic" and "tasty" in the world of wholesale niche and gourmet groceries? Have there never been any women or people of color who've been traders..?  What about their stories and their voices as a theme for a store?

I say, vote with your pocketbook and don't go there!!!

Personally, I shop at "Sister-Brother Yolanda Chen's World Food Co-Operative" the ONLY hempcentric grocery store to offer food solely from opressed cultures in a gender-neutral, fragrance free, hate speech free, gynocratic environment.

Hempberry Kush-Krunch vegan Fro-yo FTW!

6/13/14 7:00 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the song is about a girl who stopped being a bitch.

the liberal cunt should try it sometime

6/13/14 7:16 PM
JohnMc1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 

I wonder if she ever pauses to realize just how good her life is, in that it allows her to spend time and energy on outrage over shit like this

No, because it would go against her narrative of being a victim.
6/13/14 7:21 PM
TexasBadAss
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't she under the grocery store shift managers thumb the whole time while she was on her little rant? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:23 PM
The Popeye
601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have reminded her that there are other stores in the area who may have music more to her liking.
6/13/14 7:23 PM
Ari2

alt thread title.

conservative cunt offended by woman, offended by song.
6/13/14 7:45 PM
Ari2

better yet

cunt offended by cunt, offended by song
6/13/14 9:11 PM
The Mat Pimp
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a good rebuttal

http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/12/sticks-and-stones-may-break-my-bones-but
6/15/14 8:13 PM
The Popeye
601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that guy should have said I will turn it off if you show me your tits
6/15/14 8:31 PM
Dead President
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cunty cunt Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 9:50 PM
Gojjira
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C0NAN -
The manager should have turned the song off.

It's not a matter of free speech.

The store is a place of business, not parading political incorrectness.

If there is a controversial song playing on the radio that offends a customer, switch the song.
Hahaha, stop and change everything for one person. How about that one person fuck off and go elsewhere. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 1:00 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke

C0NAN -

Trader Joes is a kooky place if the manager doesn't have the "authority" to switch off a song playing in the intercom.

I've never heard of a store micromanaged to that degree.

He can switch it off, yes.

He CANNOT remove that song from a playlist or guarantee it won't be played again.

Muzak is a service. The rotation is actually VERY tight. It's not Spotify or something where you'll get different songs at all times.

The ONLY move the manager had the authority to make would be to turn down the volume during 'Under My Thumb'.

However when it plays again (it will) and this customer is shopping again (and she will), what will he do when she storms in to confront him over lying to her?

The manager was correct. He lacked the authority to remove a song from a playlist and he lacks the authority to fuck with the store's Muzak contract. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 1:02 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke

And Trader Joe's corporate would frown on a manager turning off music.

Trader Joe's pays a lot of money for Muzak and they expect it to be played in the background as customers shop.

Turning it off actually would get that manager heat with corporate.

He was in a fucked position and did the best he could to keep his job and direct the customer to take her concern up the ladder. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 2:21 AM
gabemadrid
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's not a liberal or PC she's a nutjob making up situations that she can trick herself into being outraged about. It happens in all political affiliations and on all cultures. People who need to bitch and complain. This happens all the time in retail jobs. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 2:22 AM
gabemadrid
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy loser with way too much time in hands. The music in grocery stores is basically white noise. She went in looking to find something to complain about. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.