UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Should I feel sorry for her?

6/12/14 1:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OblongBox
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Somebody need to pay for my 15 kids
6/12/14 1:04 PM
mixedmartialfarts
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 
mixedmartialfarts - 

"She's trying to quit smoking — hoping to save a couple hundred bucks a year."

quitting smoking would save way more than a couple hundred bucks a year.

Yah, no shit.  Even if she buys by the carton, she's still spending a fuckload on smokes.  Nobody who smokes one a day needs to "try" to quit.  She clearly smokes more than that.  A low estimate of 3 smokes a day, and buying by the carton, is still over $425 per year.  And dollars to donuts says she smokes more than that and buys by the pack

Maybe she's adjusted the number to account for the copious amounts of Flaming Hot Cheetos and Diet Dr. Pepper that she'll be buying with her extra spending money.

6/12/14 1:13 PM
KeezyDoesIt
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smokes cigarettes but explains to her kids the economics of why they can't eat a hotdog on hotdog day lol Phone Post
6/12/14 1:15 PM
chawkins
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should I feel sorry for her?

You should never feel sorry for *anyone*. Sympathy is bad and condescending and denies basic dignity.

Empathy, however, is good. We should absolutely feel empathy for this woman.

“They're fed. They're full. They have a roof over their head. They have comfortable beds to sleep in.”

OK, off to a good start, this is a great way to look at it.

“I just don't want to struggle pay cheque to pay cheque.”

Nobody wants to struggle paycheck to paycheck. Doing nothing & waiting for the government to rescue you is not the answer.

I wonder what her disability is? Maybe there's a work program that could hook her up with a sit-down job at a desk someplace.
6/12/14 1:29 PM
Leigh
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it an Onion article? It's too ridiculous Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 1:30 PM
BlueFox90
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This isn't my situation. I'm doing way better than her so fuck 'em.

- The OG. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 1:31 PM
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlueFox90 - This isn't my situation. I'm doing way better than her so fuck 'em.

- The OG. Phone Post 3.0

sounds like her whole situation is self inflicted
6/12/14 1:32 PM
Rusty Shackleford
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mixedmartialfarts -

"She's trying to quit smoking — hoping to save a couple hundred bucks a year."

quitting smoking would save way more than a couple hundred bucks a year.

Reserve smokes. Like $10, $20 a carton. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 1:34 PM
astra
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlueFox90 - This isn't my situation. I'm doing way better than her so fuck 'em.

- The OG. Phone Post 3.0

Hmmm...

I'm a single dad. My daughter's mother has never paid 1 cent for anything. I've never gotten a government handout nor have I gotten financial support from anyone except myself as I've lived on my own since I've been 18 years old.

So yeah......

Fuck 'em.
6/12/14 1:35 PM
Samurai Clown
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlueFox90 - This isn't my situation. I'm doing way better than her so fuck 'em.

- The OG. Phone Post 3.0
Yes, fuck her.

She is barely making it but smokes and has cable. She needs extra money but won't give up two vices. I'd be willing to wager she can save $200/month at least if she gave up those 2.

As for the kids and disability, maybe she was doing stellar until the disability came along. But if she was having problems after the first 2, 2 more seems like a bad idea.

Everyone has to make cuts in life to make it. Why shouldn't she have to? Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 1:38 PM
ryans
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hugh Honey can feel sorry for her if he likes. Vic doesn't play by those rules.
6/12/14 1:52 PM
soonertodd
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is she not getting any child support from the kids dads? There's probably 4 of them. All she's teaching her kids is how to be a parasite,sit on your ass daily watching cable tv and smoking cigs while texting the other parasites in the hood.
6/12/14 1:53 PM
Mencken
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soonertodd - Is she not getting any child support from the kids dads? There's probably 4 of them. All she's teaching her kids is how to be a parasite,sit on your ass daily watching cable tv and smoking cigs while texting the other parasites in the hood.

You think any guy with prospects is gonna nail that swamp monster?

6/12/14 1:57 PM
BlueFox90
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are overly hateful towards a woman in a shitty spot (self imposed or otherwise) after reading a 2000 word newspaper article. Is she making all the right decisions? Evidently not. Is she trying? Maybe not hard enough. But the "fuck this cunt" attitude you guys have after reading that article is embarrassing. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 1:58 PM
Mencken
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlueFox90 - You guys are overly hateful towards a woman in a shitty spot (self imposed or otherwise) after reading a 2000 word newspaper article. Is she making all the right decisions? Evidently not. Is she trying? Maybe not hard enough. But the "fuck this cunt" attitude you guys have after reading that article is embarrassing. Phone Post 3.0

Smoking whilst asking for a handout is ridiculous.

6/12/14 2:00 PM
BlueFox90

Mencken -
BlueFox90 - You guys are overly hateful towards a woman in a shitty spot (self imposed or otherwise) after reading a 2000 word newspaper article. Is she making all the right decisions? Evidently not. Is she trying? Maybe not hard enough. But the "fuck this cunt" attitude you guys have after reading that article is embarrassing. Phone Post 3.0

Oh good point. Yeah, fuck that cunt then. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 2:02 PM
BlueFox90

Mencken -

Oh, good point. Fuck that cunt then. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 2:02 PM
Z NEDCMK1
677 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/12/14 2:02 PM
Vic Vinegar - 
Samurai Clown - Smoker who refuses to give up cable? Fuck feeling sorry.

Also, need more explanation on why disability. Legit or milking the system? Phone Post 3.0
My guess is probably something stress related. I went through her facebook and she doesnt look like a person with a disability.

Read another article a couple months ago about how habitat for humanity built a nice house for a somalian family of seven. The dad was so happy about the free house he said he can now go out and look for a job.

Makes me fucking sick. Phone Post 3.0

I did some work with Habitat for Humanity years ago, some of the people were completely homeless with address before getting the house.

He may have not had a permanent address before he got the house which could prevent companies from even accepting his application. It may not be a case of laziness.

6/12/14 2:04 PM
Munk

I was really inspired by the part where she is studying and working hard to make a better life....oh wait.
6/12/14 2:24 PM
Mike Valentine
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna keep it real here.

Having a child is an expense. Just like anything else in life you have the chance to obtain.

With my education and employment, I know I will never afford a yacht. So I don't get one, and continue to live within my means.

Not that hard.

One unplanned pregnancy happens all the time. Two? Oops. Three? Four? Seriously? Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 2:30 PM
ryanJ
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel sorry for her kids...

6/12/14 3:30 PM
FreightTrain

Did not read.

Also, blame the Congress for allowing the Federal Reserve, debt based monetary system.

If these a-holes would stop devaluing the dollar, people could live on much less.
6/12/14 3:34 PM
PatK
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much do smokes cost up there?

6/12/14 3:36 PM
Leigh
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlueFox90 - You guys are overly hateful towards a woman in a shitty spot (self imposed or otherwise) after reading a 2000 word newspaper article. Is she making all the right decisions? Evidently not. Is she trying? Maybe not hard enough. But the "fuck this cunt" attitude you guys have after reading that article is embarrassing. Phone Post 3.0
LOL @ defending this troll story Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 3:40 PM
Mencken

PatK - 

How much do smokes cost up there?

Tobacco costs FAR more in Canada than in America.  20 pack of smokes would be about $17-20.  Tin of dip is about $27.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.