UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> sat's PPV is an insult to fans

6/12/14 3:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chokeyou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leave your shill crap at the door.

We used to get stacked cards and big time match ups. There isn't a PPV worthy fight on the card. "It's your lose you don't think fans will support flyweights." No, its the UFC's.

Frankie edgar was the beginning of the end. Every since they tried to force him down our throats as a PPV star the UFC PPV has been in decline.

I'll buy Cain when he comes back and i'll buy Cormier v Jones (if that ever happens).

The reason there are no other organizations is because the UFC is the other organizations. With 300+ fighters under contract they have made something incredibly special to me uninteresting.

The fighters aren't making the money either. Zuffa makes Don King look honorable.
6/12/14 3:20 PM
Ramsey

Didn't read and I don't feel insulted! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 3:20 PM
Pitbull3744

Fuck am i the only one who just loves watching mma no matter what?  I get the 60 bucks can be annoying if the card isnt stacked to your liking but what if it ends up being a CRAZY night of fights.  Listen no one thought DM would KO JB lol.  

6/12/14 3:21 PM
chokeyou

Ramsey - Didn't read and I don't feel insulted! Phone Post 3.0

Since you posted from an apple product you are their bread and butter, mindless lemming..
6/12/14 3:21 PM
big_josh
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am insulted by your lack of attention to grammar. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 3:23 PM
chokeyou

big_josh - I am insulted by your lack of attention to grammar. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck Grammar.
6/12/14 3:23 PM
HandyDarsh
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is one of the more stacked cards ive seen latley, im actually pretty excited to put money down on every main card fight...

6/12/14 3:24 PM
BurnMyEyes
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arlovski's ufc return is enough for me

onward to victory
6/12/14 3:25 PM
big_josh
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're not an MMA fan if you are not stoked to see Demetrius Johnson fight. He gets better every time. Last two title defenses were finishes. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 3:27 PM
scourge
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, I'm looking forward more to this card than any others recently. Woodley and Rory, Arlovski's return vs. Schaub, OSP's continued rise, Bader and Feijao. Looks great
6/12/14 3:28 PM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/12/14 3:32 PM
I don't see how this card is any more of an "insult to fans" than the last PPV card, or the Rousey/McMann card, or the Bellator card.
6/12/14 3:29 PM
chokeyou

BurnMyEyes - arlovski's ufc return is enough for me

onward to victory

really? you watch his last fight?
6/12/14 3:31 PM
chokeyou

Tomato Can - I don't see how this card is any more of an "insult to fans" than the last card, or the Rousey/McMann card, or the Bellator card.

totally agree.

I hold UFC to a hire standard than Bellator.

But i guess their recent cards do beg to question if i should lump them in together.
6/12/14 3:34 PM
BurnMyEyes
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou - 
BurnMyEyes - arlovski's ufc return is enough for me

onward to victory

really? you watch his last fight?

he is on a 2 fight win streak and with his fights you never know what to expect.
caposa
1838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it's a good card, but MacDonald-Woodley isn't PPV worthy?

chokeyou

big_josh - You're not an MMA fan if you are not stoked to see Demetrius Johnson fight. He gets better every time. Last two title defenses were finishes. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck you. I absolutely don't give a fuck what you think about me.

I never have, i never will.

"Your not a fan".. I'm a consumer of product like you are you, idiot. And the PPV buys are down by 2/3erds. Know what, the fans arent fans anymore.
6/12/14 3:36 PM
VinegarStrokes
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a feeling this thread will get interesting.

IMO Some of the best fights the UFC has had recently are in the lighter weight divisions.Mighty Mouse is real fucking exciting to watch fight. But I appreciate the footwork and speed of the smaller guys.

But

JUST BLEED!! and all that right OP?

chokeyou

DanHendersonsDentures - I am looking forward to this card and will be buying it. Arlovskis first fight back, Woodley vs Rory, and I enjoy Mighty Mouse fights.

An who the fuck doesnt like Frankie Edgar? Just because you dont like 155 and below doesnt mean everyone else hates them.

That was when ZUFFA changed from 'putting on fights people want to see' to "forcing fans to watch what they want you to watch'.

I like him, but this was the big change over
JimmersonzGlove
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be in Mexico. It's on free TV.
6/12/14 3:38 PM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou - 
Tomato Can - I don't see how this card is any more of an "insult to fans" than the last card, or the Rousey/McMann card, or the Bellator card.

totally agree.

I hold UFC to a hire standard than Bellator.

But i guess their recent cards do beg to question if i should lump them in together.

When they're charging for PPV I don't see any reason to hold them to a lower standard.

Even considering the slightly lower price point the Bellator PPV was a way bigger turd than this card.
6/12/14 3:50 PM
MMALOGIC

yeah I long for the days of Ushin Okami vs RIch Franklin headlined ppv. with the uber stacked co main event of Forrest Griffin vs Hector Ramirez

I salivate for the days when a shot Matt Hughes vs Thiago Alves was main eventing my ppv's, 

6/12/14 3:53 PM
Nexuscrawlers
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not 2003 anymore. Move on with your life. They won't stack the ppv cards until they start to really flop. Vote with your wallet if u don't like it. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 3:54 PM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 

yeah I long for the days of Ushin Okami vs RIch Franklin headlined ppv. with the uber stacked co main event of Forrest Griffin vs Hector Ramirez

I salivate for the days when a shot Matt Hughes vs Thiago Alves was main eventing my ppv's, 

The only difference is less events and more time between fights without seeing mma.  Less events/more time between events makes you more eager and excited to see mma.

Same with free cards.  People complain about the free cards today, cause getting Vitor/Hendo, Vitor/Bisping, Bendo,  Machida/Mousasi etc.

They cant compete with Diaz/Neer or Din Thomas or Lauzon and Florian and Joe Daddy in the main events.

6/12/14 3:55 PM
JerodR
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People take things too personal. I think it is safe to say everyone here is a fan of MMA or is severely lost. I think the UFC set that gold standard by stacking cards early on to get those viewers. However once you do something like that it is hard to draw those same fans in with anything less.

Perhaps the UFC should try changing up the PPV model to have lesser stacked cards at a discounted price? I honestly would buy more UFC PPVs if they did something like that. At least then you could attract new fans do to lower prices but keep old school fans happy do to feeling like they are paying a fare rate based on how deep a card is. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 3:56 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am just a fan of talented MMA fighters and great fights. That card has them so I'll enjoy it as long as the fighters deliver. I don't really understand fans who prefer to see personalities or hype men over skilled individuals who consistently perform. I enjoy watching two no names put it all on the line during the prelims just as much as any guy on the main card.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.