UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> fu#k soccer.....

6/13/14 3:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The World Cup isnt even the highest level of Soccer.

6/13/14 3:43 AM
Macedawgg
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soccer would be leaps and bounds improved if they had the catch/drop rule like hockey--you can't catch carry--but you can stop the puck and let it drop--offense would take off if this was in play.

6/13/14 3:44 AM
Macedawgg
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-A side benefit of such a rule change--you would reduce the occurrence of "heading" which is not good at all for the noggin.

6/13/14 4:14 AM
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2soon - this place is for anyone and everyone who does not give a shit about soccer/football... I know I can not be the only og'er that hates this shit. 90 minutes of boring ass diving competitions... fuck it.....

some hipster lesbo feminist moany bitch who works as a PA at my work was saying the same thing. Is that you Vicky?
6/13/14 4:32 AM
Macedawgg

Flop festival is accurate in the 20 minutes I caught today.

6/13/14 4:38 AM
Macedawgg

True in part--but americans tend to hate theatrics and flopping--NBA fines dudes who do this. 

Soccer it appears its part of the game--the more dramatic, the better.

6/13/14 4:59 AM
Evil Ash
2034 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -

The World Cup isnt even the highest level of Soccer.

This Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 5:11 AM
InspiritMick

Macedawgg - 

True in part--but americans tend to hate theatrics and flopping--NBA fines dudes who do this. 

I think you missed the point slightly if we are being serious for a second I will address my thoughts.

Some players will do absolutely anything to win especially under enormous pressure. It is widely looked down on and referees do have it in their remit to yellow card players for faking. Most people hate it, it depends on the nationality and often the player whether they lower themselves. Messi for example doesn't dive or play act. However, there is so much on the line that players will do anything for an advantage. I would suggest that in the future referees who at the end of the day have a thankless task in soccer, review video for big decisions.

The ref from yesterday is getting a lot of shit and people are throwing around words like fix but to be fair if you were one man in a stadium full of Brazilians who are hosting the biggest sporting tournament on planet earth the pressure would be incomprehensible. No matter how good a ref you are I think if you see a player drop and roll in the blink of an eye, it may be difficult not to succumb to the urge of giving a penalty. In the rules there was contact but Hulk made the most of it in a big way. However, he gave his country a big advantage by doing so and when sport matters more than life itself which it does in teh world cup players will do anything to succeed. Like in war, you might carpet bomb a city, torture, use biological warfare, drop agent orange. It's not playing fair but its whatever it takes to win... I can excuse it on a football field
6/13/14 5:17 AM
FEDORallDAY
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you dumb Americans pussys that don't know real skill or talent. There's a reason the rest of the world has caught on but you retards are still eating hot dogs watching a guy hit a ball with a bat.

NFL takes a lot of talent right just need to be 6'3, 300lbs fat pieces of shit that wouldn't be called athletes in any other country. Or maybe you could play in the NBA of youre 6'5 or black. Either way two gay faggot sports that only you fat American slobs care about

"UFC is gonna be bigger than soccer" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My cock is bigger than the UFC Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 5:21 AM
Macedawgg

Edited: 06/13/14 5:23 AM
InspiritMick - 
Macedawgg - 

I think you missed the point slightly if we are being serious for a second I will address my thoughts.

Some players will do absolutely anything to win especially under enormous pressure. It is widely looked down on and referees do have it in their remit to yellow card players for faking. Most people hate it, it depends on the nationality and often the player whether they lower themselves. Messi for example doesn't dive or play act. However, there is so much on the line that players will do anything for an advantage. I would suggest that in the future referees who at the end of the day have a thankless task in soccer, review video for big decisions.

The ref from yesterday is getting a lot of shit and people are throwing around words like fix but to be fair if you were one man in a stadium full of Brazilians who are hosting the biggest sporting tournament on planet earth the pressure would be incomprehensible. No matter how good a ref you are I think if you see a player drop and roll in the blink of an eye, it may be difficult not to succumb to the urge of giving a penalty. In the rules there was contact but Hulk made the most of it in a big way. However, he gave his country a big advantage by doing so and when sport matters more than life itself which it does in teh world cup players will do anything to succeed. Like in war, you might carpet bomb a city, torture, use biological warfare, drop agent orange. It's not playing fair but its whatever it takes to win... I can excuse it on a football field

This is no doubt true--have even been some studies on it. 

Whether conscious or not (probably not), the influence of the crowd and setting has a HUGE impact on the way calls are made by officials. 

6/13/14 5:23 AM
Macedawgg

And while the call at the moment may have to live on, if the soccer bodies started fining guys substantially after the fact, or gasp, suspending, the practice would curtail drastically.

6/13/14 7:04 AM
InspiritMick

Macedawgg - 

And while the call at the moment may have to live on, if the soccer bodies started fining guys substantially after the fact, or gasp, suspending, the practice would curtail drastically.

agreed, a panel can assess clear cases of diving and do what you suggest fine or ban them for a few games. i don't think Hulk could have been prosecuted though. It wasn't a penalty but not enough of a dive either
6/13/14 7:12 AM
judomf

2soon - this place is for anyone and everyone who does not give a shit about soccer/football... I know I can not be the only og'er that hates this shit. 90 minutes of boring ass diving competitions... fuck it.....

^ word up.

Don't worry, the rugby season is just heating up ...
6/13/14 7:12 AM
rorybbellows
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flemingo - i like playing soccer i fucking hate watching it with a passion
This. It's a bit like golf fun to play boring to watch. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 11:23 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Soccer is one of the most exciting spectator sports there is. Fast paced, free flowing, very few interruptions, red hot crowds, intense rivalries and every goal is a potential game changer making near misses super tense. Each to their own though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.