UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Iraq worth dying for again?

6/12/14 9:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cfv
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i fucking hope not, they are going to kill eachother regardless of what we do.

6/12/14 9:30 PM
theseanster
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/12/14 9:33 PM
Zekolas - So the Republicans are getting hard on in their pants at the prospect of doing another ground assault/invasion and then occupation of Iraq

Is it worth sending people over there to die; would you want your son/daughter to be part of the 2nd occupation of Iraq?

Wouldn't have to do it twice if our Retard in Chief would have kept it.

Your whole post is fallacious Phone Post 3.0

Stephen Eakin
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Phone Post 3.0
lionsoul
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrikingMMA - Aren't there enough countries in the region with an interest that can help? I saw that Iran was offering to help the Iraqis.

My point really is that it's their region and the Saudis, Iranians, Turks..etc should be able to solve the issue without us tossing more money and lives at the problem.
The Saudis are financing the jihadis.

This is a religious and secular war:

On one side: Assad aligned with Iran, Hezbollah and the Shiites and The Iraqi government (with Maliki and the Shiites)

They are fighting: Syrian rebels (mostly Sunni), Sunni Jihadis (ISIS and Al Qaeda), Iraqi Sunnis, and supported by the Saudis. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 9:32 PM
banco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theseanster - 
Zekolas - So the Republicans are getting hard on in their pants at the prospect of doing another ground assault/invasion and then occupation of Iraq

Is it worth sending people over there to die; would you want your son/daughter to be part of the 2nd occupation of Iraq?

Wouldn't have to so it twice if our Retard in Chief would have kept it.

So we should have stationed troops there indefinitely? The American empire marches on.
6/12/14 9:33 PM
StrikingMMA
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lionsoul - 
StrikingMMA - Aren't there enough countries in the region with an interest that can help? I saw that Iran was offering to help the Iraqis.

My point really is that it's their region and the Saudis, Iranians, Turks..etc should be able to solve the issue without us tossing more money and lives at the problem.

On one side: Assad aligned with Iran, Hezbollah and the Shiites and The Iraqi government (with Maliki and the Shiites)

They are fighting: Syrian rebels (mostly Sunni), Sunni Jihadis (ISIS and Al Qaeda), Iraqi Sunnis, and supported by the Saudis. Phone Post 3.0

OK, thanks.

So how do you see it playing out? Who is going to win this if nobody else steps in from outside that region? Is this a risk of engulfing the region in a wider war?
6/12/14 9:33 PM
theseanster
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

banco - 
theseanster - 

So we should have stationed troops there indefinitely? The American empire marches on.

Yes, much like we have done in other countries since before you were an itch in your daddy's pants

6/12/14 9:53 PM
Team GDP's cancerous testicle
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrFluffyHippo - I would say of course not.

But I think it's best to ask soldiers that were actually over there, and go by their opinion. Phone Post 3.0
Why would their opinion matter?

The answer is obviously no and in hindsight is 100% no Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:02 PM
amadeus
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck no... Iraq wanted us gone. Let em sleep in their own shit.
6/12/14 10:03 PM
buzzkil

amadeus - Fuck no... Iraq wanted us gone. Let em sleep in their own shit.

6/12/14 10:26 PM
Samoa
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theseanster - 
banco - 
theseanster - 

Yes, much like we have done in other countries since before you were an itch in your daddy's pants

.................and we've been going broke making enemies ever since he was an itch in his daddy's pants.  How is that working out for us?

6/12/14 10:31 PM
jimmy23
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.alternet.org/world/we-anti-war-protestors-were-right-iraq-invasion-has-led-bloody-chaos

6/12/14 10:38 PM
Vizslarex

We really have a proxy war between Saudi Arabia/ Sunni and Iran/ Shiite.
I think we can not prevent that unless we stay there and fight both sides and spill more American blood and waste many billions of dollars. It is just a waste of precious American lives and money.
I say enough, well way to much -- never should of been there in the first place.
You can't reason with the crazy SOB's
I don't care if they kill each other -- hell good riddance. No more American blood or treasure. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:45 PM
lionsoul
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrikingMMA -
lionsoul - 

OK, thanks.

So how do you see it playing out? Who is going to win this if nobody else steps in from outside that region? Is this a risk of engulfing the region in a wider war?
The problem is that the Iranians are much less dangerous than the Sunni Jihadis.

They are much more reasonable and keep their terrorist activities pretty much limited to supporting Hezbollah vs Israel.

ISIS (on the other hand) and other Sunni Jihadis are the most dangerous. They want to create an Islamic caliphate and are massive religious extremists. With money and resources - they would not hesitate to do just about anything to further their agenda. They look at Shiites as infidels.

The US would have been better off with Saddam in charge of Iraq and Asaad in charge of Syria than the alternative. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:45 PM
lionsoul

^^^^ Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:48 PM
RoyalRailer
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELL NO!

The Republicans calling for this intervention are the biggest chicken hawks! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 10:49 PM
lionsoul

^^^^^

We need to stop the jihadis and help Iraq through limited air strikes.

Iraq will likely be split in 3 - with Kurdistan in the north, Sunnis in the center and Shiites (which will be defacto iran) in the South.

The Kurds and Shiites should keep them in check if shit hits the fan. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 11:08 PM
william795
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If we don't have multiple wars going, what are all of these military folk going to do for work? We don't have any manufacturing jobs... Hell we don't have many jobs period. So I'm sure they will keep some military conflicts going just for that.
6/12/14 11:12 PM
ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon

akira323 - they shouldnt have kicked us out in the first place. now they want our help. regardless i do believe we have an obligation to them because of what we did to their country.

ideally if we could provide coordinated air support with their troops to fight the opposition off, i could maybe support that. of course depending on the resolve of their soldiers which at this point is questionable.

we need to take shinseki out of retirement. hes the only who could really figure this out
I agree one 100% with the first two paragraphs. I don't know enough to agree or disagree with the third. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 11:23 PM
Garv
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Serious Fight Gear, Underwear Model
theseanster - 

Wouldn't have to do it twice if our Retard in Chief would have kept it.

You're talking about W Bush, right? He signed the agreement with Iraq to have our troops out by 2011. Then Iraq refused to give any troops remaining after that immunity, which meant that they would be subject to arrest by Iraqi police for anything and everything.

We wouldn't have had to do it twice if we didn't do it the first time.  Bush Sr. knew that going into Baghdad would result in a major long term clusterfuck. He was a strong enough leader to tell the neocons to sit the fuck down. Jr, on the other hand, handed over his foreign policy to Paul Wolfowitz. And we're going to be paying for it for a long time.

6/12/14 11:32 PM
Ryan Prouty
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Peoria, IL

I honestly haven't heard ANYONE say it's a good idea. R or D. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 11:39 PM
Back from the dead
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We're $17 trillion in debt. We can't afford this shit anymore.
6/12/14 11:53 PM
akira323

ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon - 
akira323 - they shouldnt have kicked us out in the first place. now they want our help. regardless i do believe we have an obligation to them because of what we did to their country.

ideally if we could provide coordinated air support with their troops to fight the opposition off, i could maybe support that. of course depending on the resolve of their soldiers which at this point is questionable.

we need to take shinseki out of retirement. hes the only who could really figure this out
I agree one 100% with the first two paragraphs. I don't know enough to agree or disagree with the third. Phone Post 3.0

shinseki was the outspoken army chief of staff during the iraqi invasion. he knew the number of troops needed for a solid occupation of iraq would be in the 100's of thousands. he knew this from his experience as a commander in nato during kosovo. he's also a decorated veteran during his service in vietnam.

when he spoke out against rumsfeld about the number of troops needed for the occupation of iraq he was ousted. later on when shit was going bad in iraq various genereals said shinseki was indeed correct during a congressional hearing
6/13/14 12:00 AM
banco

akira323 - 
ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon - 

shinseki was the outspoken army chief of staff during the iraqi invasion. he knew the number of troops needed for a solid occupation of iraq would be in the 100's of thousands. he knew this from his experience as a commander in nato during kosovo. he's also a decorated veteran during his service in vietnam.

when he spoke out against rumsfeld about the number of troops needed for the occupation of iraq he was ousted. later on when shit was going bad in iraq various genereals said shinseki was indeed correct during a congressional hearing

One of the few top army generals with integrity during that era.
6/13/14 12:09 AM
Jambo888
717 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samoa - 
chopiesel - I thought I read it will be air only Phone Post 3.0

.........and what happens with air only campaigns?  The collateral damage is huge.  The terrorist groups just follow our bombs and recruiting is simple.  Look what happened in Iraq.  There was no Al Queda before we went there.  They're taking over now that we are leaving.  We have to learn; that shit just doesn't work.

Just get the fuck out of there.

truth

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.