UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Do you think Megalodon exists?

6/13/14 10:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I No Kung Foo
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the Japanese aren't eating it, it doesn't exist.
6/13/14 10:05 AM
e. kaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fear the Bloop.

6/13/14 10:10 AM
JonnyW
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

albinorhino - You guys should read the "Meg" series of books by Steve alten.

4 books ,quick reads, action packed. Phone Post 3.0

I never knew he wrote more. I just read the first one and loved it. Need to get the others nows.

6/13/14 10:11 AM
The Sultan
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pennviachoke -
The Sultan -
mje364 - Pretty sure that WWII photo was proven fake. Phone Post 3.0
I dont know if it was proven fake but there was another one shot very recently in 2013 . Same size.

They think its the same shark. Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
Ya thats it!

The shark in that photo is eating a whale. Look at how far back that dorsal fin is when the sharks mouth is gnawing at the whales side. I believe thats the one they call submarine shark, which is essentially a huge great white shark. (Over 30 ft long)

What do you guys think? Real or fake?

There was an eye witness too. (same woman who took the pic) Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 10:17 AM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan - 
pennviachoke -
The Sultan -
I dont know if it was proven fake but there was another one shot very recently in 2013 . Same size.

Phone Post 3.0
Ya thats it!

The shark in that photo is eating a whale. Look at how far back that dorsal fin is when the sharks mouth is gnawing at the whales side. I believe thats the one they call submarine shark, which is essentially a huge great white shark. (Over 30 ft long)

Forget the shark for a minute, is no one else seeing the huge fucking croc submerged in the back?
6/13/14 10:41 AM
Woodford Mike
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadDog - I know it, or at least something very, very close to it's size, exists.

I saw it while swimming offshore a few weeks ago. Most helpless feeling ever. Fortunately it didn't even bother acknowledging me. Phone Post 3.0
The Megalodon swam right by you? You sure it wasn't Godzilla? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 10:45 AM
BadDog

Woodford Mike -
BadDog - I know it, or at least something very, very close to it's size, exists.

I saw it while swimming offshore a few weeks ago. Most helpless feeling ever. Fortunately it didn't even bother acknowledging me. Phone Post 3.0
No, I can tell the difference between a reptile and a shark.

Also, that lake i was in doesnt have large reptiles of any kind. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 10:50 AM
Samurai Clown
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadDog -
Woodford Mike -

No, I can tell the difference between a reptile and a shark.

Also, that lake i was in doesnt have large reptiles of any kind. Phone Post 3.0
It was Nessie on a world tour. Congrats bro, you had a brush with fame. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 10:51 AM
Detachable Penis
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -
pennviachoke -
The Sultan -

Phone Post 3.0
Ya thats it!

That she looks like a drawing Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 1:01 PM
JustSaying

Pics MOTHERFUCKAS, DO YOU SPEAK IF? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 1:03 PM
The Sultan
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Detachable Penis -
The Sultan -
pennviachoke -
The Sultan -

Phone Post 3.0
Ya thats it!

That she looks like a drawing Phone Post 3.0
That version doesnt do it justice. It looked better on tv when i saw it.

Im not saying i 100% believe it. I just lile stuff like that. I think its fascinating that such a huge shark could exist.

Imagine how scary it must have been living during the prehistoric days where animals of that stature were commonplace. Yikes! Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 2:23 PM
Woodford Mike
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those pics of the giant shark fin are a hoax. Discovery Channel fabricated both that and the WWII pic for that program and are catching flak for it now. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 2:34 PM
White347LX

Another giant killer shark pic:

6/13/14 2:35 PM
thedogofdogs
1000 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitley possible.

6/13/14 2:37 PM
White347LX

Seems legit.

6/13/14 2:46 PM
Galanis
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/13/14 2:47 PM

It's fake

http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/megalodon.asp

Christie Wilcox wrote in a Discover blog entry, the possibility that some megalodons might still be around isn't even a subject of genuine inquiry or controversy among legitimate scientists:
"This documentary was the first time I’ve ever even heard it suggested that Megalodon may still exist," said Daniel Holstein, a post doc with the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. "There's about as much scientific controversy about the possibility of Megalodons lurking in today’s oceans as there is about mermaids. None.”

David Kerstetter, an assistant professor at the Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center in Dania Beach, Florida, whose current work includes reducing shark bycatch in fisheries, had a similar response. "There is no discussion among fisheries professionals whether Megalodon is extinct," he said. "If even one credible scientist had doubts about this, the Discovery Channel wouldn’t have had to use actors."

"As a researcher focused on mako sharks, I often discuss Megalodon with my colleagues," explained Dovi Kacev, a PhD candidate at San Diego State University studying the population genetics of shortfin mako and common thresher sharks. "We sometimes discuss what it would be like if Megalodon still existed — what it would prey upon, where it would live," he said. But as to its current existence? "Never do any of my colleagues or I ever plausibly argue that Megalodon is still extant."
Just as in the case of the faked Mermaids: The Body Found documentary (which aired on Animal Planet, part of the Discovery Channel family), Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives included a briefly-displayed disclaimer declaring the program's use of "dramatized" events and characters to make up for a lack of hard science and credible evidence:
None of the institutions or agencies that appear in the film are affiliated with it in any way, nor have approved its contents. Though certain events and characters in this film have been dramatized, sightings of "Submarine" continue to this day. Megalodon was a real shark. Legends of giant sharks persist all over the world. There is still debate about what they might be.

6/13/14 2:49 PM
Galanis
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As Bob Strauss commented in his article "Megalodon - The Monster Shark Lives! (Not)":
What can you say about a TV documentary in which the suspiciously good-looking lead protagonist — "marine biologist" Collin Drake — comes up empty in a Google search? Or, for that matter, his equally attractive "marine biologist" pal Madelyn Joubert, who joins him halfway through the show, and whom a cursory web search easily demonstrates not to exist? And, not to belabor the point, a TV show that starts with suspiciously staged-looking video footage of a charter boat capsizing off the coast of South Africa, and no references can be found about this accident (in which three passengers were supposedly killed) from reliable online news sources? I don't know much about charter boats, but I do know that people whose ship is in the process of sinking do not take the trouble to center their subjects on frame.

I'm shocked that a major TV channel with a supposedly educational purview can get away with this drivel, in which "Collin Drake" (whoever he is in real life) pursues his theory that that charter boat was rammed by a living Megalodon. We're taken through various pieces of "evidence" — sonar sightings, Nazi-era photographs, whale carcasses washed up on the beach — but if Discovery is brazen enough to manufacture its "talking heads" out of whole cloth, what is the point of assessing the reliability of these details?

6/13/14 2:55 PM
DrPeterVenkman
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 2:55 PM
Tidbits

Possible? yes. Probable? No. The amount of food required to sustain a Megalodon along with it having no known natural predators would mean it & it's mate would eat the ocean barren.
6/13/14 2:56 PM
DonFreedomFrye
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For all of you skeptics, do you realize that this documentary was played on Discovery Channel?

I'm almost positive that they are above making up complete bullshit and feeding it to gullible people who eat it up without hesitation.
6/13/14 2:57 PM
Rhys91
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All i know is theres some huge fucking great white sharks living in the ocean right now! Would love to see 1 in person (me being on a big boat of course). Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:06 PM
illywilly

In Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:23 PM
The Sultan

An article complaining about the Discovery Channel showing:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/07/showbiz/tv/discovery-shark-week-megalodon/ Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:33 PM
attjack

Whatever it was that ate that shark was nearly the size of my penis.
6/13/14 3:39 PM
Choochy
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sandy Pantz -
The Sultan - 
pennviachoke -
The Sultan -

Phone Post 3.0
Ya thats it!

Forget the shark for a minute, is no one else seeing the huge fucking croc submerged in the back?
The Internet has ruined me. I was looking for a huge cock. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.