UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Woman slashes cops throat on cam - not guilty

6/13/14 3:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AussieRooJitsu
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.wcax.com/story/25743836/vt-jury-defends-decision-to-acquit-attempted-murder-suspect

A Vermont woman was found not guilty of attempted murder. That's despite a security camera capturing her sneaking up behind a Rutland police officer with a knife.

David Soucy, the jury foreman and the rest of the jury in this case came to almost an immediate decision that Jennifer Berube was not guilty. He says there were two key pieces of evidence that convinced them the charges did not fit the crime. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:10 AM
AussieRooJitsu
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Many who saw the video from December 2012 of 40-year-old Jennifer Berube approaching Rutland City police officer Damon Nguyen from behind with a knife were surprised that the Vermont woman walked free after a trial ended just under two weeks ago.

"The scene is horrific I mean, she has a knife, she sneaks up behind him, there's a big you know, fight for the knife," said Soucy.

But Soucy says the charge of attempted second degree murder that prosecutors brought, didn't fit. Phone Post 3.0
AussieRooJitsu

"She certainly assaulted the officer, there was no question about that, but that wasn't the charge," said Soucy.

After the jury of eight women and four men viewed evidence, including the video, Soucy says they came to decision almost right away.

"At no point did she actually try to stab him or to cut him. She certainly put the knife in front of his face," said Soucy. Phone Post 3.0
Isaac Bickerstaff
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "two key pieces" were of course tits and a vagina.

6/13/14 3:11 AM
AussieRooJitsu

Berube was still in the police station after the attack, where she and her husband were in police custody for reportedly attempting to use a stolen credit card, when she made statements and allegedly did not know she was being recorded.

"She said, I wasn't trying to hurt him, I was only trying to get his keys," said Soucy.

Soucy and the rest of the jury also found her not guilty of the lesser charge of aggravated assault, which he said took them a little longer, about 45 minutes to deliberate on. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:11 AM
AussieRooJitsu

"For that again, we needed the same intent," said Soucy.

Soucy says that although he believes they came to the right decision, it is still hard to live with the fact that Berube is walking free.

Soucy also mentioned that he has the utmost respect for law enforcement and the difficult job they do and although he and jury knew she did something wrong, it just wasn't deserving of attempted murder charge. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:12 AM
AussieRooJitsu

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YrRK1xI6eks

Video of attack Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:13 AM
AussieRooJitsu

Isaac Bickerstaff -

The "two key pieces" were of course tits and a vagina.

Yep, Jury was 8 female and 4 male, too! Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:17 AM
DirtehSneakehs

Fucking hell. I can barely get away with jaywalking. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:17 AM
spider guard
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Makati, Philippines
Were they watching the same thing I am?
6/13/14 3:20 AM
effinggoof
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

David Soucy is a fucking cunt.
6/13/14 3:20 AM
shin2chin
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But where is the proof she wanted to kill him?

She is saying she wanted to hold him hostage for the keys right?

Attempted abduction etc.

The lawyers fucked this up!

6/13/14 3:24 AM
shen
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Torrance, CA

Wow... I guess you need to wait until your throat is slit open before starting to fight back, so as not to confuse people.

Crazy.

6/13/14 3:35 AM
mma trane
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for angryinch
6/13/14 3:45 AM
AussieRooJitsu

mma trane - In for angryinch
Uh oh Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:56 AM
tunaburn
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow and he still called her ma'am and shit after that. How fucking lucky she didnt get killed right there let alone found guilty.
6/13/14 6:02 AM
AussieRooJitsu

Paulinethepope - I would have dragged that bitch off camera and stabbed her myself. Phone Post 3.0
Fuck dat bitch! Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 6:24 AM
Dogo
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks to me like she was trying to slit his throat from behind and he jumped up and fought back. How the hell do these people justify letting her off?

By their reasoning anyone who goes to rob a convenience store and 'accidentally' shoots the clerk is not guilty of attempted murder. If you don't show any intent on the part of the robber it's just an unfortunate circumstance caused by waving a loaded gun in the guy's face. Nobody to blame for that kind of bad luck I guess...

These people should all be knifed - accidentally, of course.
6/13/14 6:57 AM
Cookie Monster
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Huntington, WV
Dogo - Looks to me like she was trying to slit his throat from behind and he jumped up and fought back. How the hell do these people justify letting her off?

By their reasoning anyone who goes to rob a convenience store and 'accidentally' shoots the clerk is not guilty of attempted murder. If you don't show any intent on the part of the robber it's just an unfortunate circumstance caused by waving a loaded gun in the guy's face. Nobody to blame for that kind of bad luck I guess...

These people should all be knifed - accidentally, of course.
That would be a malicious wounding or unlawful wounding (or related type of charge). Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:03 AM
Cookie Monster
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Huntington, WV
Meh, I can see how a jury could come to this conclusion. If the state failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that her intent was to murder him then they honestly should acquit her (and apparently did). I'm not sure what all the evidence was but the problem was not necessarily with a bad jury as it was with poor charging. IMHO. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:16 AM
Jug full of P

Cookie Monster - Meh, I can see how a jury could come to this conclusion. If the state failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that her intent was to murder him then they honestly should acquit her (and apparently did). I'm not sure what all the evidence was but the problem was not necessarily with a bad jury as it was with poor charging. IMHO. Phone Post 3.0
Justice! Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:19 AM
ProteinOverdrive

If she murdered him, she'd still get away with it. Fucking society! Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:20 AM
angryinch

mma trane - In for angryinch

Cops get away with worse all the time.  

6/13/14 7:32 AM
Cool_Name
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tunaburn - Wow and he still called her ma'am and shit after that. How fucking lucky she didnt get killed right there let alone found guilty.
Lucky cunt indeed. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:34 AM
GEYprideneverdies

Jug full of P -
Cookie Monster - Meh, I can see how a jury could come to this conclusion. If the state failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that her intent was to murder him then they honestly should acquit her (and apparently did). I'm not sure what all the evidence was but the problem was not necessarily with a bad jury as it was with poor charging. IMHO. Phone Post 3.0
Justice! Phone Post 3.0
This. The biggest problem within our legal system. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.