UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> texas declares war on homosexuality

6/14/14 7:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
man meets tate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perry made the comparison on Wednesday night during an appearance before the Commonwealth Club of California after being asked whether he believes homosexuality was a disorder, according to local media reports.

"I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that," Perry said in remarks broadcast on the local CBS affiliate. "And I look at the homosexual issue in the same way."

A few people in the audience gasped in response, according to the CBS report.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-governor-perry-compares-homosexuality-alcoholism-131917944.html

This past weekend, the Texas Republican Party (“Fight to Keep Texas Red”) adopted a party platform for 2014 that includes support of so-called “reparative therapy,” a psychological approach that claims to be able to change the sexual orientation of adults, from gay to straight. Reparative therapy is a long-held cornerstone of the religious right, and the Texas GOP’s inclusion of the therapy in its platform could be an indication of the Tea Party and religious right’s pull in the Lone Star State.

“Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable alternative lifestyle, in public policy, nor should family be redefined to include homosexual couples. We believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin.”

“We recognize the legitimacy and value of counseling which offers reparative therapy and treatment to patients who are seeking escape from the homosexual lifestyle. No laws or executive orders shall be imposed to limit or restrict access to this type of therapy.”

http://www.newsweek.com/texas-republican-party-adopts-discredited-reparative-therapy-gays-254168

yeee haw

6/14/14 7:41 PM
Team GDP's cancerous testicle

Edited: 06/14/14 7:48 PM
err that was probably inappropriate
6/14/14 7:41 PM
RIPTJR_QuinTheEskimo
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there is a cure they damn well ought to leave hot bisexual chicks alone or i'm moving to colorado. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 7:44 PM
Stan Wang

are there more gays than Texans nationwide? assuming the gay Texans fight with the queer side of course...
6/14/14 7:56 PM
wolfdeth
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe when one of his family members comes out he'll change his view. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 7:57 PM
Ham and Egger
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Texas is no place for fags.
6/14/14 7:59 PM
Curtis_E_Bare
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But I thought queers, along with steers, came from Texas. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:00 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that guy sounds like a cunt. Who cares what people do in their bedrooms as long as there's consent. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:38 PM
Sofa King Cool
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curtis_E_Bare - But I thought queers, along with steers, came from Texas. Phone Post 3.0
This? Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:45 PM
MMA Playwright
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There have been old rumors down here in Texas for a long time about Governor Goodhair being gay. I'm sure some of the rumors are available on the internet.
6/14/14 8:48 PM
Publicintheog

wolfdeth - Maybe when one of his family members comes out he'll change his view. Phone Post 3.0
Why would he it's true Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:50 PM
Tiresias
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Publicintheog - 
wolfdeth - Maybe when one of his family members comes out he'll change his view. Phone Post 3.0
Why would he it's true Phone Post 3.0

Because anti-gay views are usually not nearly as deeply held as love for a family member is.

6/14/14 8:50 PM
Mrbrownfolks
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Texas repubs should ditch the conservative social issues and focus more on fiscal conservatism. Ostracizing moderates in a state shifting towards blue is not a good strategy in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:52 PM
fahker
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have enough people on the planet already, a couple fellas want to smash their swords together fuckin go for it bros. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:55 PM
nubs

Mrbrownfolks - Texas repubs should ditch the conservative social issues and focus more on fiscal conservatism. Ostracizing moderates in a state shifting towards blue is not a good strategy in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
It's why the Republican party won't exist in 15 years. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 9:01 PM
TexasBadAss
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curtis_E_Bare - But I thought queers, along with steers, came from Texas. Phone Post 3.0
I think its Oklahoma that you mean. Must be. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 9:03 PM
Molsonmuscle360
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ham and Egger - Texas is no place for fags.

Or minorities of any kind really.

6/14/14 9:06 PM
TexasBadAss
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If perry was smart, he would talk about only the states economic record which he's done a good job. We just landed Toyota from California. He is not running for church deacon but they can't help themselves Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 9:08 PM
TexasBadAss

Molsonmuscle360 -

You must not have ever been here. Texas is pretty evenly mixed and races get along. Our senator is ted Cruz. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 9:08 PM
clattymine
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Molsonmuscle360 -

Or apparently people who aren't borderline retarded. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 9:31 PM
Oak the Toke
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clattymine -
Molsonmuscle360 -

Or apparently people who aren't borderline retarded. Phone Post 3.0
Or anyone not willing to let them frack you.

But they'll use plenty of chemical lubricant and promise to be gentle. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 9:34 PM
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread title should be "Perry blows remaining chance at 2016 nom"
6/14/14 11:30 PM
HELWIG
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Millburn, NJ

"Because anti-gay views are usually not nearly as deeply held as love for a family member is."

Loving a relative doesnt mean mindlessly supporting their impulses or behavior.

I have relatives that have been insanely promiscuous.

That have done drugs, took a swing at cops, cheated on spouses. Etc.

Me loving them in no way motivates me to encourage and glorify empty, self-destructive lifestyle choices to kids as worthwhile, healthy ways to live.

6/14/14 11:34 PM
Granpa
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100% of the time, those that are the most vocal against homosexuality are closet homos.
6/14/14 11:35 PM
jimmy23
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa - 100% of the time, those that are the most vocal against homosexuality are closet homos.

and here we go

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.