UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Tips for fathers

6/14/14 7:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jpt123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With father's day tomorrow here's my two tips. Wrestle with your kids they love it and learn from it.put down your phone tablet controller or whatever and listen to them talk about their day. What are yours Phone Post
6/14/14 7:45 PM
MeLurkingLongTime
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jpt123 - With father's day tomorrow here's my two tips. Wrestle with your kids they love it and learn from it.put down your phone tablet controller or whatever and listen to them talk about their day. What are yours Phone Post
Voted up! Great reminder! Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:07 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
911 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My son is a little over 1.5 years old we can't talk but tomorrow were watching WWE network all day and he will go over me clean for the 1 2 3

:) Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:08 PM
popcornkilldya
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New dad here. In for tips! Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:09 PM
darkness66
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teach them to be kind and have manners, but don't let them be whiney little pussies. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:10 PM
Jack Skellington
830 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also never forget you're their dad first; their friend second.
6/14/14 8:12 PM
NFABeeJay
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MyUnclesCreepy - My son is a little over 1.5 years old we can't talk but tomorrow were watching WWE network all day and he will go over me clean for the 1 2 3

My son is currently the United States Trampoline Champion Belt holder in my household. He's 5 and I will, I WILL get my revenge. :)

http://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f387/img-129387-m.jpg Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:12 PM
jpt123

1.5 year old just take them outside as much as possible. They love it it and it will relax you Phone Post
6/14/14 8:13 PM
NFABeeJay
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 8:25 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
911 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NFABeeJay -
MyUnclesCreepy - My son is a little over 1.5 years old we can't talk but tomorrow were watching WWE network all day and he will go over me clean for the 1 2 3

My son is currently the United States Trampoline Champion Belt holder in my household. He's 5 and I will, I WILL get my revenge. :)

http://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f387/img-129387-m.jpg Phone Post 3.0
Do this for a sure victory

Phone Post 3.0
6/14/14 10:49 PM
Bick Koxer
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't give up on a girl just because she is girly/ not a tomboy. Treat them like you would a boy and see what happens. My girl is into clothes and shoes but also judo and surfing. Just because your kid has a pussy doesn't mean they have to be a pussy. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 12:50 AM
Stronghold
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My son and I watched 2 hours of Avatar tonight... He was lonely. It was great. He never watches TV anymore. Puberty will not ruin all of this for him I hope.
6/15/14 1:50 AM
Metal Box Combatives
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 2:13 AM
sgotwalks
1495 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will do the same thing I do every year, I will ask my children what I have to do to be a better father in the year ahead. I am sure to be on my best behavior for a few days before I ask this question, and I make sure I have a large chocolate bar peeking out of my pocket.

6/15/14 2:40 AM
MMFT
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TIPS FOR FATHERS!
1. Wrestle with them, they love it!
2. Talk to them! Even when they can't talk back.
3. Teach them manners. Raise a gentleman or a proper lady. But don't let them become pussies....
4. Plan activites for THEM as often as possible. Pay close attention, they grow fast.
5. Don't get angry. You child may not remember it, but you surely will.
TIPS FOR MOTHERS!
1. Don't call yourself a single mother unless you're legitimately a single mother. And even if you are a single mother, you still don't get to celebrate Farther's Day. Mother/Father hybrids do not exist.
TIPS FOR BOTH!
1. Respect each other. If you have children together, you should feel some obligation to stay together and make a family. This isn't always going to happen, but it should be the first thought for a normal person.
2. Kids come first. Focus on them and make your life around that. Just don't lose yourself in the pursuit of becoming of perfect parent. We all still have goals and dreams. Providing a good life for the kids is the most important, but just because their life begins doesn't mean your's ends.
3.Don't run away. Being a parent is one of the most rewarding experiences in life, but it can also be (and usually is) the most stressful and frightening things that you will ever encounter. Embrace your role(again without losing yourself) and love everything. Every moment you're gone will become a regret later on.

happy fkn father's day, I guess.
6/15/14 2:45 AM
ieswideopen

Be their father first, friend second. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 2:50 AM
SoupCan
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great advice gentlemen, stay calm be patient.

Be that goofy bad, dance, sing, make those memories Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 2:55 AM
robhustle
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Young children can be taught sign language that will allow them to communicate before they are able to talk. I did this with my kids, and was able to start communicating with them very early. The most amazing part is when they start combining signs and making up their own words.
6/15/14 2:57 AM
MushroomHead
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a non-father, if my advice means anything...

Your kid is going to have a dream. And like most kids' dreams, its going to be something crazy, absurd, and almost unattainable to anyone who tries. Kids dream big. Let them chase their dream. Support them. Most kids aren't going to end up playing in the NFL or NBA, wrestling for the WWE, playing in an awesome/successful band, be an astronaut, being an artist, etc etc. But encourage them and let them try, so that when/if they fall short, its on them.

As a whole, my parents were great parents. They were straight shooting, no nonsense types, and they thought my 2 dreams were dumb. Odds are, even if I chased my dreams, there's only like a 0.001% chance I wouldve accomplished either. But my parents let me know how unrealistic my dreams were at a young age and effectively killed my drive for either of them during the years where it would have been achieveable.

While I know its unlikely I would have ever accomplished either...there's always been a hole in my heart for never having tried. Unfortunately, its too late for those things, so I'll live the rest of my life with that hole in my heart. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 3:08 AM
MMFT
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^I agree with MushroomHead. If my Father had taken an interest in my activities, it would have made such a huge difference for me. I've wished so many times he pushed me more in school or sports. Not that my set backs are his fault, just something I've thought about often.
6/15/14 3:17 AM
MushroomHead
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMFT - ^I agree with MushroomHead. If my Father had taken an interest in my activities, it would have made such a huge difference for me. I've wished so many times he pushed me more in school or sports. Not that my set backs are his fault, just something I've thought about often.
To be fair, my parents pushed me in those things. But what I was trying to say is that I wish my parents pushed me towards the things/dreams I wanted to accomplish in life, and not just pushing me in the things they thought were important. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 3:50 AM
Mike_in_CA
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have 3 girls and have played many hours of barbies and princesses and love every minute of it..... No homo Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 3:51 AM
Eskoe1
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jpt123 - With father's day tomorrow here's my two tips. Wrestle with your kids they love it and learn from it.put down your phone tablet controller or whatever and listen to them talk about their day. What are yours Phone Post
Catch myself on the phone too much sometimes. You got to listen to your kids Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:32 AM
theGunt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike_in_CA - I have 3 girls and have played many hours of barbies and princesses and love every minute of it..... No homo Phone Post 3.0
I have purple toe nails. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 6:47 AM
KlinAtizer
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best gift you can give your children is your time. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.