UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Tips for fathers

6/15/14 8:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rickyknottingham
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a 3yr old daughter and a 1yr old son and the best advice I can give is no matter what you are doing, if your child asks you to watch them do something or "come here daddy" always say YES! Reason being that is a new memory you will make with them. Reading texts or social media on your phone or watching some bs tv show is nothing compared to the opportunity to make memories with your children. Just my 2 cents..... Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 9:18 AM
ndenis
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bick Koxer - Don't give up on a girl just because she is girly/ not a tomboy. Treat them like you would a boy and see what happens. My girl is into clothes and shoes but also judo and surfing. Just because your kid has a pussy doesn't mean they have to be a pussy. Phone Post 3.0
Talk about loving someone for who they are! Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 10:19 AM
Scythrop
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paper towels. Lots and lots of paper towels.
6/15/14 10:33 AM
Scythrop
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, earplugs. Carry a spare pair in your pocket at all times for surprise meltdowns.
6/15/14 10:55 AM
Rubenchi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have fun with your kids and laugh as much as possible. I have 2 boys 13 and 8 and every now and then they will ask if I remember something that we did and the smile on their face is priceless.

Teach them to be gentlemen and not little assholes. My boys always open the door for ladies when we are out in public. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 11:48 AM
Stronghold
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good tips... Please and thank you, teach them that at least!
6/15/14 12:05 PM
Altofsky
686 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BushkillBlades.com, Knifemaker
Teach them how to properly use and maintain a knife. Its an essential skill for all males. Along with firestarting, camp setup, and general wilderness survival skills. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 2:51 PM
x Eat Schmidt x
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read books to your kids. Every night read them a bed time story, even if it's late 15 mins won't kill you. The development of children is so important and little things like this go along way.

Also try having a schedule, let them get used to having a routine at an early age it makes everything in the future easier for you and them.

Let them make mistakes it's easier to learn from something when you're the single point of failure or success. Both outcomes are huge learning/ growing experiences. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 3:20 PM
Tommy Gunnz
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 5:20 PM
Meady23
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Altofsky - Teach them how to properly use and maintain a knife. Its an essential skill for all males. Along with firestarting, camp setup, and general wilderness survival skills. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe this is essential where you live? Surely there are many more skills far more important. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 5:39 PM
Kaizen
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every day, try to make yourself a little better. Then share.

This sets a good example, teaches a useful habit, and combats your limitations becoming their limitations.
6/15/14 5:55 PM
Brown Balloon Knot
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No tablets, no need for their own smartphones, no tv all day!

Just make time for your kids and enjoy every minute you can with them! Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 6:02 PM
Altofsky
686 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meady23 -
Altofsky - Teach them how to properly use and maintain a knife. Its an essential skill for all males. Along with firestarting, camp setup, and general wilderness survival skills. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe this is essential where you live? Surely there are many more skills far more important. Phone Post 3.0
Pardon my ignorance...

In what world do you live where survival skills are not essential for males? Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 6:03 PM
Altofsky

And what skills could possibly be more important than knowing how to keep oneself alive? Am I being trolled here? Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 7:40 PM
heatmeiser
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be active in your kids lives. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 2:28 AM
Meady23

Altofsky -
Meady23 -
Pardon my ignorance...

In what world do you live where survival skills are not essential for males? Phone Post 3.0
Not trolling at all, just staying I have lived 32 years and never managed to get stuck in the wilderness, and wouldn't consider at anytime I will have to fight for my survival. Maybe I am just lucky. I'm not saying they are not good skills to have if you enjoying camping, and going out the wilderness. Just think there are much more important things to know. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 4:07 AM
TheBerserk

Excellent tips! Thank you guys!
6/16/14 12:23 PM
Altofsky

Meady23 -
Altofsky -
Meady23 -
Pardon my ignorance...

Not trolling at all, just staying I have lived 32 years and never managed to get stuck in the wilderness, and wouldn't consider at anytime I will have to fight for my survival. Maybe I am just lucky. I'm not saying they are not good skills to have if you enjoying camping, and going out the wilderness. Just think there are much more important things to know. Phone Post 3.0
I'll just go ahead and continue assuming I was born into the wrong era then. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 12:27 PM
Iambigd2
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have a hobby! It can give you a much needed break (this goes for moms as well) and when they get older, you can teach them about it. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 12:40 PM
RGJuJitsu
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you make a mistake, lose your temper, or are acting grumpy apologize. Look them in the eye and say you are sorry and mean it. In addition to reading them stories, tell them stories with characters loosely related to them. It's sad how the oral tradition of story telling is all but gone in America. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/14 12:47 PM
Isaac Bickerstaff

Your dog will treat a soiled diaper like a downed carcass.  Don't set them aside even for a moment.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.