UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Chicago people -TME about Wood Dale pls.

6/15/14 3:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As you might have seen in a previous post, There's a chance I might take a 1 year consulting gig inside the loop.

I can rent a room in a house in Wood Dale (although when I was sent the info they wrote it as woodale) ... she also said it was only 14m which is odd, because mapquest shows it as 23m

pls. TME

I'm guess the Metra "W" line is the way to go, although 1 hour commute each way sucks (TF? its only 23 miles)
6/15/14 3:33 PM
Ingo Weigold
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!
I have an office there wood dale is an old business and industrial area. There ain't shit to do for a young person. It does have a metra stop and is 10-15 mins driving distance from some hot areas. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 3:48 PM
sreiter

Ingo Weigold - I have an office there wood dale is an old business and industrial area. There ain't shit to do for a young person. It does have a metra stop and is 10-15 mins driving distance from some hot areas. Phone Post 3.0

thanks -

i'm not young :(

the house is really nice..not what i would expect from industrial area.. looks like

from wiki, doesnt seem like there much of any business

# Employer # of Employees
1 HSBC Bank USA 1,674
2 Quest Diagnostics 750
3 Videojet 506
4 Market Day 490
5 AAR 471
6 Tempco Electric Heater 364
7 Michael Lewis Company 201
8 Target 180
9 Jewel 165
10 Majesty Maintenance 150

6/15/14 4:32 PM
jjchgo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there really isnt much to wooddale. like other poster said, its more of business/industrial area.

you will be driving to anything entertainment wise.
6/15/14 4:58 PM
sreiter

its relatively safe, isnt it?
6/15/14 5:00 PM
Boyd Crowder's Hair
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's a very high traffic area, lots of semi's and smaller trucks. would be loud to live there especially around route 83 and thorndale.
6/15/14 5:33 PM
sreiter

:(

fuck .. weird because pics of the place house and yard make it look very nice
6/15/14 6:14 PM
jjchgo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sreiter - its relatively safe, isnt it?

i dont think i have ever heard of any crime in wooddale. then again, you rarely hear anything about wooddale.
6/15/14 6:40 PM
Windy City
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As every one said there is nothing around wooddale,crime is low but if your thinking wood dale you might as well check out Schaumburg, Huge mall and plenty of restaurants and much more to do than wood dale.
6/15/14 11:53 PM
sreiter

Edited: 06/15/14 11:55 PM
Windy -

I can rent a room from someone who is traveling most of the time, so its really like i have the whole house and garage for 400 a month - tough to beat that

cable, utilities, use of kitchen and grill outside, completely furnished including flat screens..

plus, i really dont get out all that much anyway so its not a big deal..
6/16/14 2:12 PM
jjchgo

sreiter - Windy -

I can rent a room from someone who is traveling most of the time, so its really like i have the whole house and garage for 400 a month - tough to beat that

cable, utilities, use of kitchen and grill outside, completely furnished including flat screens..

plus, i really dont get out all that much anyway so its not a big deal..

if you have a car then i would jump at that. schaumburg with all the shopping/entertainment is only 5-10 minutes down the street.
6/16/14 2:54 PM
PatK
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I work a town over from Wood Dale.

Nothing really bad about it, but there is nothing great either. You can take the train to the city.

You aren't far from Schaumburg, which has most of the shopping and entertainment in that area.

It's a small town that's filled with industrial parks. But they do a good job of keeping them separated though, unlike some of the surrounding towns.

It's safe.

Traffic is shitty along Route 83/Busse Highway.

Nightlife is pretty fucking dead for the most part, other than bars that cater to the folks that work in the industrial parks and want to knock a few back before they go home.

My brother's buddy lives there and owns a kennel.

6/16/14 3:02 PM
PatK
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plus, you don't have to worry about Chicago's gun laws.

Don't know if you'd need a FOID card or not.

I take it you'll only be here for a year and not change your residency

6/16/14 3:31 PM
sreiter

Edited: 06/16/14 3:52 PM
Correct Pat not changing perm addy, but cool about gun laws... where to inquire about FOID?

How long should the train ride be? 1 person said 20 mins. , train schedule (MD-W line) actually varies when i look at it according to time leaving wood dale, and google maps shows via train yet another time frame, so it varies from 20mins, to 30-35mins to 1h 10m.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.