UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Do your parents buy things for your spouse?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/15/14 3:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
itswhitty
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kind of an odd question I guess, but I mean big purchases.

My dad was talking about buying my wife a decent used car for her birthday because the car she's got is old and doesn't have air conditioning. I agree that she could really use one, but finances are kind of thin and we can't afford one at the moment. My folks aren't rich, but they could afford it without any hardship.

Obviously I appreciate the sentiment a ton, and with my family there would be no concerns about "owing" anything or holding it over our heads -- my family just really, really likes my wife and wants the best for her. It seems weird in a way though, as even though she's family, it seems like it might be stepping on her parents' toes or something.

Anyone else been in a similar situation? Maybe your in-laws did something similar? Just curious for any advice the OG might have.
6/15/14 3:57 PM
Lux Fixxins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 3:59 PM
Imploze
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Family is family IMHO. If they are in the position to help, let them. We all can use some help every once in a while. Nothing wrong with it to me. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 3:59 PM
Louisvillain
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No.   My mom's kind've stupid in that regard.

She'll come to visit and bring me and both our daughters something, but my wife nothing.

derp

6/15/14 4:00 PM
itswhitty
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, she's a medical resident, so part of it is that she's doing something very stressful and demanding for the next few years but after that we will no longer have financial concerns. I think part of the reason he's willing to make such a big purchase is because he knows that we won't be reliant on them for support or money or whatever.
6/15/14 4:04 PM
shaqitup
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Louisvillain - 

She'll come to visit and bring me and both our daughters something, but my wife nothing.

derp

stupid, or she stole her baby.
6/15/14 4:07 PM
Jeon Sa
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Louisvillain -

derp

If my mother did that I would tell her she is not welcome in my house. That is very disrespectful. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:10 PM
Jayreeee
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Family is family. I have friends that I treat like family and would buy stuff for them if they r in need of help Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:10 PM
cameltoenail
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let them do something kind if they want.

Don't treat them for favorably than her parents after and I see nothing wrong.

Family is there for that kind of stuff, just pay it forward when you're in the position to do so.
6/15/14 4:28 PM
instantkarma
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like your parents treat her like their daughter. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 6:00 PM
bonzo79
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They treat her right, not cars or anything, but its great when both families can get along and have fun together Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 6:10 PM
1_underpar
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dad spoils my wife like no other... Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 7:32 PM
heatmeiser
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1_underpar - My dad spoils my wife like no other... Phone Post 3.0
He wants to bang bro Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 8:09 PM
Barbasol OOTFFTT
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. I think my parents like my wife more than me Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 8:33 PM
Sofa King Cool
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My parents buy my wife stuff.

My wife's parents haven't bought me anything. A book once, for Christmas, like five years ago. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.