UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> "Friend" stole money from me. Wat do?

6/15/14 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ben Jaquenhoft
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frat

This friend owed me some money. He has a fuel card so instead of giving me cash back I told him he could just fill my car up and we would be even. While I was at work he came to get my car to go fill it up. I give him the keys and he comes right back.

We'll I forgot I had my buddy Ben Franklin in the door handle. I also had my id a few credit cards and some receipts so it wasn't the only thing there and you would have to pay attention while closing the door. After work I go to the grocery store and go to grab the money and it's gone. I call the friend and ask if he accidentally grabbed it. He says no and asks if I'm accusing him. I said no but it was there before you got in and no it's not there so you must have seen. He denies denies denies said I left my car unlocked and someone could have taken it. I said ok I'll just check the cameras. His response was what cameras? We don't have cameras at work but I was bluffing to see what he would say.

We'll I know his boss so I told him to pay attention to see if he had any money the next day. Sure enough my friend has more money than he had the day before. I'm still no 100% it's mine but I decide to call him out like I had proof.

I called him and said I just got off the phone with my friend that works next to me and I know for sure you took that money . I told him it hurt me as a friend that he would do that because he just called me his best friend the week before. He said I don't know what to tell you. I said you can apologize and give me money back for starters but I'll give a few minutes to figure out what you want to say and call me back, then I hung up on him.

Of course he doesn't man up and call me back.Three days go by with no contact and he decides to text me today saying he is so embarrassed and doesn't know what came over him yada yada yada. He says he will give me the money back and doesn't want our friendship to end.

So OG. I turn to you for advice on how to proceed.
6/15/14 4:42 PM
TryhardNobody
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like you have a boyfriend
6/15/14 4:43 PM
Tiresias
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he's not already dead you need to turn in your man card.

6/15/14 4:44 PM
The Topester
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shady friend is shady. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:45 PM
Pappy Knuckles
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumb as hell of you to leave cash and credit cards in your car like that, but it's a shame the guy took it. Get your money back and then stop dealing with him.
6/15/14 4:45 PM
Synado
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfriend him on Facebook and change relationship status to "It's complicated".
6/15/14 4:46 PM
Drunkie
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get the money back.  give him a simple ass beating after he returns it. fuck his girlfriend or sister then never speak with the fuck again

6/15/14 4:46 PM
Samoa
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It cost ya a hundred and some change to be rid of that guy.......if you want to be. If you don't want to be rid of him from your life keep trying to figure out how to get the money back or to get him back. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:47 PM
shaqitup
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much money did he teal from you?

AFter a google search old benny is on the hundy.

That's not even something you should think you can get away with tbh, if it's like a 5 dollar bill somebody might not notice, but your average dumb fuck will notice a missing hundred.

Another perfect example of why you deny until the end, people will always pretend they caught you.
6/15/14 4:48 PM
Hoidy10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he take the money because he needed it or just because he's a dick? 

If he needed it for something - couldn't pay bills, addiction etc then you should speak to him about it and try to help. If he took it cause he's a dick then he's a dick and that's your answer. 

6/15/14 4:48 PM
nostripeswife
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get your money and get out. A thief is a thief. Getting caught may deter him for a little while but if you let him back in your home, car, whatever, it's just a matter of time before his fingers get stuck on something of yours, and you may not be so sure who it was or be able to get it back next time (if you actually manage to get it back this time).

Also, fuck him mom. Guys hate that shit. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:49 PM
figmaster
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Divorce his ass. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:49 PM
OblongBox

Edited: 06/15/14 4:49 PM

6/15/14 4:54 PM
tanner904

I'll try to give a little real advice.

He's your friend but he has money troubles obviously right? Cause he couldn't even pay you what he owed you. Why does he have these money problems? Also how good of friends were you before? I wouldn't be beyond giving a person another chance it really depends on the circumstances. You left a 100$ wide open in a spot where it could have fallen out the car. Depending on if it was a big pocket or not. There is never an excuse to steal but like I said depending on how tough a situation he is in you could maybe understand more why he was desperate. If things aren't really tough and he just stole it to steal cause it was there that's worse. Basically you need to figure all that out and see if the friendship is worth trying to save. No matter what act cool till you get your cash back tho. I would anyway Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 4:58 PM
Zekolas

Its 50 bucks. Just write him off and be glad it was only $50.

Also be more careful with your money. Don't leave it out in the open.

Also how did his boss know he had money ? Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 5:03 PM
Ben Jaquenhoft
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know the dude has money problems and may spend some of it on extra circular activities . I would Not call him my best friend by any means. If he wouldn't call me, we wouldn't hang out. I don't reach out to him but if I'm bored and he calls I won't avoid the dude. I have helped him out in the past which is why he owed me and why he has called me his best friend cuz his other friends won't help him.

I told him he is now a liar and thief in my book and I can't be friends with someone like that because I will have to second guess everything he tells me. I just want to play my cards to get my money back then I'll break up him for good haha.
6/15/14 5:03 PM
Sheldonite
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at is as the price you just paid to have one less POS in your life, and move on. You will look back and realize what a bargain it was someday.
Life is too short to have friends who steal from you. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/14 5:04 PM
Ben Jaquenhoft

TryhardNobody - sounds like you have a boyfriend

I got more than one buddy. Only way to live.
6/15/14 5:05 PM
Ben Jaquenhoft

Synado - Unfriend him on Facebook and change relationship status to "It's complicated".

Done. Now what?
6/15/14 5:06 PM
Ben Jaquenhoft

Zekolas - Its 50 bucks. Just write him off and be glad it was only $50.

Also be more careful with your money. Don't leave it out in the open.

Also how did his boss know he had money ? Phone Post 3.0

They work construction so they go to the store before work and eat lunch together.
6/15/14 5:09 PM
Dougie
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samoa - It cost ya a hundred and some change to be rid of that guy.......if you want to be. If you don't want to be rid of him from your life keep trying to figure out how to get the money back or to get him back. Phone Post 3.0

6/15/14 5:10 PM
Ben Jaquenhoft

shaqitup - How much money did he teal from you?

AFter a google search old benny is on the hundy.

That's not even something you should think you can get away with tbh, if it's like a 5 dollar bill somebody might not notice, but your average dumb fuck will notice a missing hundred.

Another perfect example of why you deny until the end, people will always pretend they caught you.

Yup i did the ole reverse psychology trick on him. I had a good hunch but if he would have kept denying I would have just chalked it up to being lost.
Galanis
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/15/14 5:10 PM

Well. Not we'll

We'll = we will

smokeweed420

It was pretty damn hard for him to go to you hat in hand and admit what he did.

He easily could have just continued denying
6/15/14 5:12 PM
Browny85
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - Unfriend him on Facebook and change relationship status to "It's complicated".
Hahahahahahahaha Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.