UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Questions for California commissioner?

6/19/14 11:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JLFoster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andy Foster.

So Andy is my cousin and I shot him a text asking him if I could get an interview about whats going on in MMA with the Trt ban and other issues. So next week I am gonna ask him some questions and he gave me permission to post it here. Please use this thread to ask any question you may want me to ask him. I will do my best to get all that I can answered. Andy is a new dad and his time is precious so I want to hit up some good questions that the mma fan community may want answered. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/14 11:46 PM
JLFoster

Can a mod sticky this post pls? Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 12:53 AM
MountainMedic
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLFoster - Can a mod sticky this post pls? Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 2:18 AM
Bigdoug924

Any forward movement on mma judging and consistency with fouls for the refs . IE eye pokes,,when to take point. Rules are good but should be consistent Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 7:24 AM
JLFoster

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 7:38 AM
Vikingknee

Pretty much wtf is up with having mongoloids as judges is the most important question. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 7:52 AM
Kirik
1733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

6/20/14 8:02 AM
vintirex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would he license the firty player to fight in cali? Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 8:02 AM
vintirex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vintirex - Would he license the firty player to fight in cali? Phone Post 3.0
Dirty* Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 9:21 AM
I Take Tyron's Wood

vintirex -
Dirty* Phone Post 3.0
Eat shit Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 10:06 AM
vaginal tear
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the protocol when it comes to judges and refs reviews? Is there any sort of accountability? Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 10:15 AM
caposa
1701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/14 10:20 AM

MMAFighting.com released a video covering the CSAC Officials Training Session where Andy Foster expressed his desire to slide the scale on MMA judging. He talked about his concern for the lack of 10-8 rounds being scored and how 97% of MMA rounds are scored 10-9.

Has there been any progress on this? Would he consider lobbying for a change of language in the Unified Rules regarding 10-9 round and 10-8 rounds?

As it stands now, a 10-9 round is scored "when a contestant wins by a close margin", and a 10-8 is scored "when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates". That is quite a gap in scoring criteria. A lot can happen between "close margin" and "overwhelmingly dominates".

How it should be:

10-9 when a contestant wins by a CLOSE margin

10-8 when a contestant wins by a CLEAR margin

10-7 when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates

6/20/14 10:20 AM
JLFoster

caposa -

MMAFighting.com released a video covering the CSAC Officials Training Session where Andy Foster expressed his desire to slide the scale on MMA judging. He talked about his concern for the lack of 10-8 rounds being scored and how 97% of MMA rounds are scored 10-9.

Has there been any progress on this? Would he consider lobbying for a change of language in the Unified Rules regarding 10-9 round and 10-8 rounds?

As it stands now, a 10-9 round is scored "when a contestant wins by a close margin", and a 10-8 is scored "when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates". That is quite a gap in scoring criteria. A lot can happen between "close margin" and "overwhelmingly dominates".

Good question. This is what im looking for Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 11:29 AM
RickStorm
1746 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Thanks for doing this JL

6/20/14 12:16 PM
vintirex

I Take Tyron's Wood -
vintirex -
Dirty* Phone Post 3.0
Eat shit Phone Post 3.0
Why? Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 12:19 PM
ClemenzasCannoli
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 1:48 PM
TeamBeekerMMA
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just tell him Georgia misses him then kiss that big ole forehead. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 2:40 PM
JimmersonzGlove
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is your opinion of Zach Arnold?
6/20/14 3:57 PM
CindyO

JimmersonzGlove - What is your opinion of Zach Arnold?

LMFAO! Voted up!

Cindy

6/20/14 4:05 PM
donnybrook
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

How it should be:

10-9 when a contestant wins by a CLOSE margin

10-8 when a contestant wins by a CLEAR margin

10-7 when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates

Last year the ABC amended the criteria to 10/9 = close, 10/8=clear, and 10/7 dominates. All but I think 4 states adopted the amended criteria. Problem is not criteria, problem is judges not using it.

ABC website is often not current, but is was voted on and approved.

Kevin MacDonald
ABC MMA Officials Trainer

One question might be about how an official is ranked, or their performance graded. Andy is a very forward thinking Commissioner and former fighter. Another question I'd love to ask is if he would support Pride style rules on a 'trial basis' here in the US as he has fought with them. With proper officiating they are no more dangerous than the current 'unified' rules we have. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 5:45 PM
UGCTTN00B
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since medical marijuana usage is big among fighters in California, does he plan on letting them get exemptions or lower the testing levels for THC in fighter's systems?

With Oklahoma recently bringing back one night tournaments, does he see the CSAC allowing California promoters the same and regulating one night tournaments in California?

Would he legalize things like soccer kicks and other banned moves fans want to see and fighters would probably want to use?
6/20/14 10:30 PM
Greg Southworth

In Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 10:32 PM
Greg Southworth

UGCTTN00B - Since medical marijuana usage is big among fighters in California, does he plan on letting them get exemptions or lower the testing levels for THC in fighter's systems?

With Oklahoma recently bringing back one night tournaments, does he see the CSAC allowing California promoters the same and regulating one night tournaments in California?

Would he legalize things like soccer kicks and other banned moves fans want to see and fighters would probably want to use?
CSAC Ref Mike Beltran is working the BattleGrounds MMA 1 night, 8 man single elimination tournament. I know for a fact the Oklahoma safety standards are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than CSAC requires for Glory. Phone Post 3.0
6/20/14 11:45 PM
StocktonStickerSlap

Ask about getting rid of marijuana as a PED Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 8:38 AM
Gingy the great
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to know more about the judge selection process and what (if there is any) training new judges get Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.