UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> So now that Bellator is dead...

6/21/14 5:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/14 5:49 AM

time to kiss the hand

The tournament based promotion is officially dead and the regime has been thrown out... may it rest in peace.

I was merely a warner... I warned the people that bellator was a failed product and would not survive... spike could not continue giving Bellator 26 primetime slots a year when it's pulling 20% below the networks average.

The product was a failure so Spike cancelled the tournament based seasonal programming and threw the regime out.

Whether they change the name or not, cokers promotion will be very different.  The word is they are downsizing to around 12 events a year (1 per month).

I will say though, this new product (with 12 or so events a year) is more sustainable and can work if they keep costs under control. 

Our journey together regarding bellator has been sweet... onto the next chapter.

6/21/14 5:23 AM
Good Sir
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Que? Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 5:25 AM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pagina uno.

Adentro! Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 5:38 AM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get a little sad every time I'm reminded you exist. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 5:39 AM
3 Sided Square
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/21/14 5:39 AM
MMALOGIC just walked himself into a pedo ban. Damn, what a short lived victory.
6/21/14 5:46 AM
ShanTheMan
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for making me look at LBC

Fuck you
6/21/14 5:48 AM
The Power Double
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 Sided Square - MMALOGIC just walked himself into a pedo ban. Damn, what a short lived victory.
This. Obvious ban is obvious Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 5:49 AM
2 Slimy Lizards

Not sure why you would celebrate a legit mma org going down. Aren't you a fan of MMA? I lurk this forum daily and know your whole angle, still confuses me though.

That being said, Scott Coker is the man and will make the legit #2 org in the sport even better. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 5:59 AM
GaspareBJJ
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12 events a year (or one a month) is a smooth move on Bellator's part Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 5:59 AM
Good Sir
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paulinethepope - Why would bellator dying be a good thing? Phone Post 3.0
So everyone won't be able to differentiate UFC from MMA. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 6:01 AM
MMALOGIC

Paulinethepope - Why would bellator dying be a good thing? Phone Post 3.0

who said it was a good thing?  whether it is good or bad is a different argument...  I was one of the few warning of its demise while there were a bunch who were blindly chearleading it to its grave.

This new product could be sustainable and to me that's more important.  We've already seen countless millions being dumped into the sport, a few guys get paid and then years later there's nothing to show for it (affliction, elite xc, etc...)

We've seen over and over fans just blindly chearleading product after product to its grave.... that doesnt really help the sport.

Im an advocate for good investment.  if money is going to be spent I want something sustainable so fighters, fans and the promoter can enjoy the benefits not just today or for a few years  but 20 years down the road.

6/21/14 6:03 AM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShanTheMan - Thanks for making me look at LBC

Fuck you
yea that was fucked up. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 6:20 AM
rockfists

Scott has a good rapport with the Diaz brothers so, once they get booted from the ufc for inappropriate Twitter behavior, they'll be making that Coker money. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 7:03 AM
OblongBox
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like you just owned yourself considering that is the only thing you post about here.

6/21/14 7:12 AM
Huey freman
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend -

Fuck you
What is lbc? Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 7:16 AM
Good Sir

Huey freman -
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend -

Fuck you
Ask your dad Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 7:21 AM
frontrowbrian

bellator is going to be around for a long time. What else does spike have as content? Will bellator be any good? Maybe. A decent AAA like league but it's not going anywhere.

6/21/14 7:25 AM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Sir -
Huey freman -
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend -

Fuck you
Ask your dad Phone Post 3.0
Basically our OP posted a gif of a half naked (bad half) african child dancing in celebration in his original post.

He since changed the gif. Should quell any confusion on this thread. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 7:30 AM
Don_Dada
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onwards and upwards for Bellator. Great to see Scott back doing what he does best. He done his 3 year sentence, now it's time to get back to breaking the monopoly and giving the fans hope and something to cheer about. Great week for MMA, especially after all the bullshit that came out from Zuffa the last few weeks. Gonna take a while to reverse that damage. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/14 7:39 AM
CanofPineapple

MahatmaPetey - I get a little sad every time I'm reminded you exist. Phone Post 3.0

Brilliance.
6/21/14 7:40 AM
GarlicSauce

MMALOGIC the known UFC shill is at it again.
6/21/14 8:53 AM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paulinethepope - Why would bellator dying be a good thing? Phone Post 3.0

because he is a paid poster by the UFC who is obviously scared of Bellator or any thread so much so they have a shared account ( mmalogic ) along with interns posting here everyday with the sole reason to put Bellator down who for whatever reason are threatened by
6/21/14 9:23 AM
clown makeup

Bellator is the barometer for the UFC in the MMA atmosphere.

As the mercury plunges for Bellator the UFC is guaranteed to follow.

Exactly what we are witnessing today in real time.
6/21/14 9:25 AM
JoeMimic
664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALogic's second post in this thread was a good post. VTFU sir.
6/21/14 9:41 AM
epwar
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Bellator will be dead in six months." - MMALOGIC in 2008...2009...2010...2011...2012...2013

Bellator keeps going

"Bellator is dead." - MMALOGIC in 2014

Bellator keeps going

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.