UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt: God wanted me to return to middleweight

6/22/14 7:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ God giving a fuck about Nate and another mortal fighting!!

Lol @ Nate for even thinking that :D Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 8:02 PM
The Last Emperor

HolyHackZack - ...let's say God does want you at middleweight. Why? Does he hate Weidman?

Yeah, what about all of the other Christian MMA fighters that god is rooting for? What a pickle this jeebus is in.

6/22/14 8:28 PM
ieswideopen

God told me he is wrong. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 8:30 PM
ausgepicht

So either Marquardt needs medication for the voices or he worships a god that neglects starving children all over the world to help out athletes.

Or maybe worshiping a sky daddy will be shown for what it is when civilization progresses: a mental infection.
6/22/14 9:08 PM
Il Duce
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People can have different gods, fyi. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 9:22 PM
MontyS
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe god wanted him to go to lightweight? Phone Post
6/22/14 9:34 PM
RyannVonDoom

Wow.. The douchebaggery is strong here with the anti-religious bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 9:49 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's been my policy to stay as heavy as possible so I can't get surprise swallowed by a whale or pushed out the porthole of an ark. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 10:12 PM
rkm456
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham - 
rkm456 -
Brigham - This is what fuckin bugs me about religious people. No God didn't want you to go to middleweight. And if there is a God and that is what God is concerned with, fuck God, that shit is fuckin nonsense Phone Post 3.0

If you have some co-worker, friend, whatever, who's one of the best people you know, and is Muslim, Christian whatever, but doesn't at all try to impose his views on you, do you also treat that person with the same prejudice because religious people bug you? Or are you only a bigot on the internet?
I'm not a bigot at all. Marquardt chose to comment on something publicly and I was simply commenting in what he said and also what nonsense it was. I'm actually a massive Marquardt fan I feel his view on what 'God's' priorities are, are silly Phone Post 3.0

That's a post I 100% agree with. It makes a lot more sense, and is infinitely more articulate than "this is what bugs me about religious people"

Chael's quote about the subject of fighter's thanking God is an infinitely more accurate portrayal of what those who believe in a deity believe than the guys who think Jesus helps them beat someone up, win a super bowl, or in this case, select a weight class.

6/22/14 10:19 PM
Brian Rule
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - It's been my policy to stay as heavy as possible so I can't get surprise swallowed by a whale or pushed out the porthole of an ark. Phone Post 3.0

LMAO
6/22/14 10:41 PM
Brigham
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rkm456 -
Brigham - 
rkm456 -
Brigham - This is what fuckin bugs me about religious people. No God didn't want you to go to middleweight. And if there is a God and that is what God is concerned with, fuck God, that shit is fuckin nonsense Phone Post 3.0

If you have some co-worker, friend, whatever, who's one of the best people you know, and is Muslim, Christian whatever, but doesn't at all try to impose his views on you, do you also treat that person with the same prejudice because religious people bug you? Or are you only a bigot on the internet?
I'm not a bigot at all. Marquardt chose to comment on something publicly and I was simply commenting in what he said and also what nonsense it was. I'm actually a massive Marquardt fan I feel his view on what 'God's' priorities are, are silly Phone Post 3.0

That's a post I 100% agree with. It makes a lot more sense, and is infinitely more articulate than "this is what bugs me about religious people"

Chael's quote about the subject of fighter's thanking God is an infinitely more accurate portrayal of what those who believe in a deity believe than the guys who think Jesus helps them beat someone up, win a super bowl, or in this case, select a weight class.

Honestly what gets me the most is, be religious as you want but when it's like 'God this God that' when the guy you're facing could very well be just as religious as you, yet for some reason you feel God loves you more, or just seems like extremely fucked up logic to me is all.

But it doesn't effect me so what the fuck do I care? Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 10:47 PM
Sloppy Single Leg

caposa - 

Today I learned Hector Lombard is a messenger of God

I thought he was always known as a very religious fighter?
6/22/14 10:47 PM
Sloppy Single Leg

Mertvaya Ruka - It's very weird hearing someone talking like that all the time.

Have you seen Marquardt's tweets?
6/22/14 11:56 PM
rkm456
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham - 
rkm456 -
Brigham - 
rkm456 -

Honestly what gets me the most is, be religious as you want but when it's like 'God this God that' when the guy you're facing could very well be just as religious as you, yet for some reason you feel God loves you more, or just seems like extremely fucked up logic to me is all.

Again, you're absolutely correct in your statement, that bugs the shit out of me too. It always cracked me up about Vitor "God loves me more than everyone else....even though I'm using a borderline performance enhancer to help me hurt other people" lol. Tyron Woodley calling himself "The Chosen One" is right up there too.
6/23/14 12:08 AM
BuddyRevell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/23/14 12:10 AM
riddlebox - Lol gotta love the religious. It's all about MEEEEEEE Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, some religous people think God finds them more special than other people and causes them to win athletic contests, makes them famous, and helps with other trivial things. Egotism masquerading as religiousness.

6/23/14 12:18 AM
Toquinho
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

And yoel romero His soldiet Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 2:25 AM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

A thousand years from now there will be a religious sect worshipping Hector for bringing the true message of God, stripped of the fallacy of our current, primitive religions.
6/23/14 3:33 AM
StreetFightingKing

GOKUJITSU - I don't think god spends his time caring about what weight you fight at in a combat sport. Phone Post 3.0
End of thread right there. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 3:57 AM
Ben Gardners boat
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - It's been my policy to stay as heavy as possible so I can't get surprise swallowed by a whale or pushed out the porthole of an ark. Phone Post 3.0
This is great! VU. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 4:12 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God will be telling Nate to go to Bellator next. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 4:24 AM
StreetFightingKing

forever anonymous - God must be a bigger fan of Lombard and Ellenberger
See you weren't listening to Jesus's divine teachings; God used Lombard and Ellenberger to advise Nate to go back up to MW... They were just pawns in the master plan yo! Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 4:35 AM
StreetFightingKing

Brigham -
rkm456 -
Brigham - 
rkm456 -

Bill Maher makes reference to this in Religulous.. The blind egotism of celebrities and their special connection with god lol. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 4:43 AM
thefunkyfreshFIEND
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham - This is what fuckin bugs me about religious people. No God didn't want you to go to middleweight. And if there is a God and that is what God is concerned with, fuck God, that shit is fuckin nonsense Phone Post 3.0
This, and Im a catholic Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 6:10 AM
StreetFightingKing

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - God will be telling Nate to go to Bellator next. Phone Post 3.0
Lol this Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 6:30 AM
Fight! UK Online
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Nate was saying he had an invisible friend named Geraldine who told him to move up to MW he'd get sectioned. Because he's named it 'God', it's cool. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.