UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt: God wanted me to return to middleweight

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/23/14 7:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MagSlim
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Joe Silva has any sense of humor he'll match him up with Vitor.
6/23/14 8:07 AM
ozy12076
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - God will be telling Nate to go to Bellator next. Phone Post 3.0
Lol! Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:43 AM
BuddyRevell
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MagSlim - If Joe Silva has any sense of humor he'll match him up with Vitor.

Haha great idea. VTFU.

6/23/14 10:06 AM
StreetFightingKing
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Power Double - God's schedule:

- Maintain balance of the universe
- Choose Nate's weight class
- Monitor all sentient beings Phone Post 3.0
Nate has asked me to vote you up for maintaining clarity here. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 10:20 AM
cheesesteak
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if god was wearing his Affliction shirt and tapout beanie when he made this decision.
6/23/14 11:05 AM
chaplinshouse
817 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vagabond - 
biva - God told me to finger blast that drunk chick! Phone Post 3.0

You too?! Man god is one pervy deity.

We were created in his image

6/23/14 11:47 AM
CaptainAhab
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Richard Tuck - I will now refer to MW as Jesusweight

Lol. VU.

The UFC should definitely consider a tournament using all the Chessus fighters.
6/23/14 11:57 AM
explodin

MisterHawkeMMA -
RyannVonDoom - Wow.. The douchebaggery is strong here with the anti-religious bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

A fighter just told the world that God wanted him to gain weight. And you're mad at the UG for making fun of him and his beliefs? You're not biased at all lol.

And for people to be so appalled by an interview he did MMAJunkie, they're not biased either... I love that you said "told the world". If the UG didn't make this front page news, no one would even have known he said it...

Other than 2Jupiters everyone else might as well just copy and paste the exact same responses that are on every thread when MMA.tv decides to throw out the bait like this. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 1:47 PM
Thingading
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Are you there, God? It's me, Marquardt. Well.......and suspensions via nandrolone in '05 and elevated testosterone in '11.
6/23/14 2:46 PM
rkm456
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - 
rkm456 - 
Brigham - 
rkm456 -
Brigham - This is what fuckin bugs me about religious people. No God didn't want you to go to middleweight. And if there is a God and that is what God is concerned with, fuck God, that shit is fuckin nonsense Phone Post 3.0

If you have some co-worker, friend, whatever, who's one of the best people you know, and is Muslim, Christian whatever, but doesn't at all try to impose his views on you, do you also treat that person with the same prejudice because religious people bug you? Or are you only a bigot on the internet?
I'm not a bigot at all. Marquardt chose to comment on something publicly and I was simply commenting in what he said and also what nonsense it was. I'm actually a massive Marquardt fan I feel his view on what 'God's' priorities are, are silly Phone Post 3.0

That's a post I 100% agree with. It makes a lot more sense, and is infinitely more articulate than "this is what bugs me about religious people"

Chael's quote about the subject of fighter's thanking God is an infinitely more accurate portrayal of what those who believe in a deity believe than the guys who think Jesus helps them beat someone up, win a super bowl, or in this case, select a weight class.

Wait... let's all be real here for a moment. If being reasonable (using reason to make decisions) makes you smart. Then by definition using faith as a basis for your beliefs makes you stupid. There's nothing bigoted about connecting those dots. 

You don't get to hide behind your "we all can believe what we want", that's bullshit. If you believe women are inferior beings, even if you never try to push that down my throat... you're going to have kids and they are going to be influenced (aka abused) by that nonsense in your head. And I'm not going to allow that if I can avoid it. 

I was listening to Dan Savage on JRE, and it's the same thing with him. Transgenders are crazy people, period. It's not mean of me to say it. You are you, the label is secondary. There's no "I was suppose to be"... that is the dumbest shit ever. And it's a biproduct of religion. At the very least, sign up for a religion based on science and reason. But don't ever be stupid enough to take pride in having beliefs not based on proof. 

That post is so all over the place, I don't even know where to begin.

1) There's no concrete proof that God exists. There's also no concrete proof that any of the alternative universe beginnings ever happened. So yes, prejudging someone for their belief about something unprovable, does make you a bigot.
2) There's no christian religions that preach treating females in a poor fashion. There are however people who selectively take sentences from thousands of years ago, out of context from books widely accepted as fantasy to try to further their own agenda.

3) If that's the way someone who identifies as using reason to make informed decisions, views gender identification, something that has science supporting it's existence, well I don't know what to tell you. But you're basically doing what you're accusing religious people of doing. You're using science as the explanations for things you want it to explain,(the origin of the universe) but when it comes to transgenders "They're just crazy"
6/23/14 6:52 PM
Blazing Knees

I hope God is reading this and making a list-

6/23/14 7:03 PM
The Brotorious B.I.G

Turdkutter - Sorry Nate but god only supports one middleweight and that's vitor Phone Post 3.0
Came here to say this.

Vitor has fucking Crosses on the aside of his head! Fucking Christ Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 7:17 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

rkm456 - 
MisterHawkeMMA - 
rkm456 - 
Brigham - 
rkm456 -
Brigham - This is what fuckin bugs me about religious people. No God didn't want you to go to middleweight. And if there is a God and that is what God is concerned with, fuck God, that shit is fuckin nonsense Phone Post 3.0

If you have some co-worker, friend, whatever, who's one of the best people you know, and is Muslim, Christian whatever, but doesn't at all try to impose his views on you, do you also treat that person with the same prejudice because religious people bug you? Or are you only a bigot on the internet?
I'm not a bigot at all. Marquardt chose to comment on something publicly and I was simply commenting in what he said and also what nonsense it was. I'm actually a massive Marquardt fan I feel his view on what 'God's' priorities are, are silly Phone Post 3.0

That's a post I 100% agree with. It makes a lot more sense, and is infinitely more articulate than "this is what bugs me about religious people"

Chael's quote about the subject of fighter's thanking God is an infinitely more accurate portrayal of what those who believe in a deity believe than the guys who think Jesus helps them beat someone up, win a super bowl, or in this case, select a weight class.

Wait... let's all be real here for a moment. If being reasonable (using reason to make decisions) makes you smart. Then by definition using faith as a basis for your beliefs makes you stupid. There's nothing bigoted about connecting those dots. 

You don't get to hide behind your "we all can believe what we want", that's bullshit. If you believe women are inferior beings, even if you never try to push that down my throat... you're going to have kids and they are going to be influenced (aka abused) by that nonsense in your head. And I'm not going to allow that if I can avoid it. 

I was listening to Dan Savage on JRE, and it's the same thing with him. Transgenders are crazy people, period. It's not mean of me to say it. You are you, the label is secondary. There's no "I was suppose to be"... that is the dumbest shit ever. And it's a biproduct of religion. At the very least, sign up for a religion based on science and reason. But don't ever be stupid enough to take pride in having beliefs not based on proof. 

1) There's no concrete proof that God exists. There's also no concrete proof that any of the alternative universe beginnings ever happened. So yes, prejudging someone for their belief about something unprovable, does make you a bigot.
2) There's no christian religions that preach treating females in a poor fashion. There are however people who selectively take sentences from thousands of years ago, out of context from books widely accepted as fantasy to try to further their own agenda.

3) If that's the way someone who identifies as using reason to make informed decisions, views gender identification, something that has science supporting it's existence, well I don't know what to tell you. But you're basically doing what you're accusing religious people of doing. You're using science as the explanations for things you want it to explain,(the origin of the universe) but when it comes to transgenders "They're just crazy"

1. This may be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Let me make sure I'm reading this right... you are saying that since I have no way of knowing where the universe comes from, I have no right to judge people who just fill in the blanks with whatever nonense they want to? So... if I believed in Santa Clause, another story literally just as valid as the BIble, you wouldn't judge me off of that? Spoiler alert... if your answer is that you'd be fine with me making Santa Clause laws, and teaching my kids that the only reason not to rape is you may miss out on presents, then you sir are an idiot.

2. Poor is subjective. So I wont get into a label argument. But I will say, when I read a book that says women are the property of men, and if you rape one you have to give her dad money because he can't sale her for what he would've been able to otherwise... I consider that poor treatment.

3. Sex is a complex spectrum of different characteristics. You are what you are no matter where on that spectrum you fall. We create imperfect labels for the sake of communication. But those labels don't change the individual at all. If you identify yourself in a way that forces you to change, then you've identified yourself innacurately. If you then decide that you're going to chop off your junk to cure this perceived illness, then you're just as crazy as a person who decides he should've been born with no feet and chops them off. 

The funniest thing about this conversation isn't even how wide of the target you are. It's that you're attempting to use reason to argue against the necessity for reason.

6/23/14 7:31 PM
Thingading
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ImTheSandMan - 

This is what its like arguing with a religious person.

Nice. Pretty much sums it up. The earth is 4,000 years old and women walk this earth thanks to a man's rib.
6/23/14 7:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees - 

yeah I'm sure that's what's happening.

6/23/14 7:52 PM
ChaosOverkill
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - 
rkm456 - 
MisterHawkeMMA - 
rkm456 - 
Brigham - 
rkm456 -

1. This may be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Let me make sure I'm reading this right... you are saying that since I have no way of knowing where the universe comes from, I have no right to judge people who just fill in the blanks with whatever nonense they want to? So... if I believed in Santa Clause, another story literally just as valid as the BIble, you wouldn't judge me off of that? Spoiler alert... if your answer is that you'd be fine with me making Santa Clause laws, and teaching my kids that the only reason not to rape is you may miss out on presents, then you sir are an idiot.

2. Poor is subjective. So I wont get into a label argument. But I will say, when I read a book that says women are the property of men, and if you rape one you have to give her dad money because he can't sale her for what he would've been able to otherwise... I consider that poor treatment.

3. Sex is a complex spectrum of different characteristics. You are what you are no matter where on that spectrum you fall. We create imperfect labels for the sake of communication. But those labels don't change the individual at all. If you identify yourself in a way that forces you to change, then you've identified yourself innacurately. If you then decide that you're going to chop off your junk to cure this perceived illness, then you're just as crazy as a person who decides he should've been born with no feet and chops them off. 

The funniest thing about this conversation isn't even how wide of the target you are. It's that you're attempting to use reason to argue against the necessity for reason.

Big circle check mark voted up.

6/23/14 7:57 PM
The Sultan
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never understood that mentality. If God exists and he cares what weight you fight at in a combat sport, then thats a serious misallocation of time and energy Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:04 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 06/23/14 8:05 PM
explodin - 
MisterHawkeMMA -
RyannVonDoom - Wow.. The douchebaggery is strong here with the anti-religious bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

A fighter just told the world that God wanted him to gain weight. And you're mad at the UG for making fun of him and his beliefs? You're not biased at all lol.

And for people to be so appalled by an interview he did MMAJunkie, they're not biased either... I love that you said "told the world". If the UG didn't make this front page news, no one would even have known he said it...

Other than 2Jupiters everyone else might as well just copy and paste the exact same responses that are on every thread when MMA.tv decides to throw out the bait like this. Phone Post 3.0

Everyone is biased, we're bred to defend our perspective. 99.99999999999999999% of both religious and atheist people I know of all creeds and forms, never say anything near what MMA fighters and celebrities say in terms of religion and outcomes. When you put a magnifying glass on someone's brain and they give "God is providing me with the way to beat the other guy" which is consciously saying the other guy has been forsaken by God and is NOT being given the same consideration. That same statement also lacks a reason why first of all, you deserve his consideration and , second of all, why the other guy doesn't. If there are rules to faith then austencibly you should be able to tell me why there's a pecking order, but none of these guys do, they make statements that are instant contradictions. If it was a Christian vs a Muslim fight and either guy said it, it would make sense or even a Christian vs and Atheist fighter, but there are not distinctions.

People are looking for why that statement shouldn't be seen as arbitrary as "I won because of this lucky rabbit's foot I wore around my neck" if you can't give more context or relevant religious reasons WHY, god would favour someone then you are asking for atheists, agnostics and even moderate religious people to shake their head and continue to look for depth to this ongoing arbitrary insistance among celebrities and athletes.

If the site was Majority religious people then the article would not be bait to them, but because the balance has shifted over the years, it is now angeringly "bait" to the religious, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

6/23/14 8:46 PM
Mdson
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god, this God, revamping UFC weight classes.
6/23/14 10:03 PM
LonelyMan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martians IMO
6/23/14 10:06 PM
SlipSlap

God wants me to be a billionaire. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 10:11 PM
ChaosOverkill

SlipSlap - God wants me to be a billionaire. Phone Post 3.0

Me too, but then this kid moved in on my block with a ping pong table and trampoline and God chose him.

6/23/14 11:56 PM
Brian Rule
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees - 

...and checking it twice?
6/24/14 12:12 AM
Blazing Knees

ImTheSandMan - 

To all the religious people on here just a little reminder.

Your god will forgive a pedofile that rapes children and let him into heven, but a gay person goes to hell.

LOL, have fun sunday worshiping that guy.

You're such a complete dickhead

6/24/14 12:19 AM
Blazing Knees

ImTheSandMan - 
Brian Rule - 
Blazing Knees - 

...and checking it twice?

I hope he gets me a bb gun...

"The only thing you get is more sand for your vagina"

-Signed, God

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.