UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How much did Bjorn make from Bellator?

6/22/14 8:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JohnMorgansBlueShirt
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not just from the sale or recent buy out. I'm talking total money from his first day to the last. Keep in mind it was rumored that he went into a lot of debt to get it started.
6/22/14 9:37 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/22/14 9:37 PM

before the first season began he had secured funding from a billion dollar hedge fund...  he went into debt to raise capital... once he raised the capital he was fine.

after he got funding in the 10's of millions he was able to pay himself a healthy salary.

he didnt burn through the money as fast as the ifl's and elitexc's of the world so he had that salary for a while.

Bellator never made any money so he essentially set up an operation to give himself a nice paying job.

The hedge fund which owned the majority of bellator was ordered by the govt to liquidate all its assets.

Viacom purchased the shares because they thought they could create their own "UFC" when they jumped ship to fox.

When Viacom purchased the majority stake they gave rebney an employment contract which ended recently.  He still retains minority ownership but that isnt worth anything and likely wont be worth anything in the future

So in the end Rebney got a healthy ceo salary for the past 5 years..

When viacom bought out the hedge fund Rebney should have insisted his shares be bought out as well... he's now left holding his dick.

6/22/14 9:57 PM
JohnMorgansBlueShirt
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

before the first season began he had secured funding from a billion dollar hedge fund...  he went into debt to raise capital... once he raised the capital he was fine.

after he got funding in the 10's of millions he was able to pay himself a healthy salary.

he didnt burn through the money as fast as the ifl's and elitexc's of the world so he had that salary for a while.

Bellator never made any money so he essentially set up an operation to give himself a nice paying job.

The hedge fund which owned the majority of bellator was ordered by the govt to liquidate all its assets.

Viacom purchased the shares because they thought they could create their own "UFC" when they jumped ship to fox.

When Viacom purchased the majority stake they gave rebney an employment contract which ended recently.  He still retains minority ownership but that isnt worth anything and likely wont be worth anything in the future

When viacom bought out the hedge fund Rebney should have insisted his shares be bought out as well... he's now left holding his dick.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
6/22/14 10:21 PM
MMAzombie

JohnMorgansBlueShirt -
MMALOGIC - 

That's no explanation at all that's 10% fact info 90% story

Where's this info coming from? Some of that would be private and not released to the public at all.. Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 10:25 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

So at what point could he sell his "shares"? Does he have to sell them to viacom?

Say next year bellator starts turning a profit. Does he get a quarterly dividend or something from his shares? Phone Post 3.0
6/22/14 11:52 PM
JohnMorgansBlueShirt

MMAzombie - 
JohnMorgansBlueShirt -
MMALOGIC - 

That's no explanation at all that's 10% fact info 90% story

Where's this info coming from? Some of that would be private and not released to the public at all.. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like an explanation to me. Whether it's entirely true is a different story.
6/23/14 12:01 AM
RyannVonDoom

JohnMorgansBlueShirt -
MMALOGIC - 

You mean thanks for the bullshit lie? He has ZERO idea what went down. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 12:02 AM
Ben Saunders
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ "he's now left holding his dick." Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 12:23 AM
lifeaftrprison
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben you think he was left with nothing ? Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 1:03 AM
slo ko
1011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnMorgansBlueShirt - Not just from the sale or recent buy out. I'm talking total money from his first day to the last. Keep in mind it was rumored that he went into a lot of debt to get it started.
Rumored to be in the billions Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 2:54 AM
Ben Saunders
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lifeaftrprison - Ben you think he was left with nothing ? Phone Post 3.0
"In My Opinion"

He knew exactly what he was doing... who to lie to, who to screw over, along with calculating precisely when and where to be shady.

He probably tried to please who he thought he needed to please. Two-facing like a fake ass motherfucker....

Though he clearly failed to do enough pleasing or he would still have his job.

I actually take Pride knowing I might have had a little something to do with Viacoms decision. At least I did what I could to let the people in charge at Viacom know that piece of shit had to go! This was way before it actually happened. Yes! I did everything in my power to get his ass fired while still fighting for them.

Hate is a strong word but when someone fucks with your livelihood and in turn your family, your passion, your dreams, and everything you stand for. That means fucking WARFARE!

All the blood, sweat, and tears I have put into my career and throughout my life. I'll be dammed if I let this motherfucker try to play me without retaliation!

I feel I was a pretty big figure for their organization, & I had a ton of fighters that had my back in full support, employees too. But no one had any power or weight to do anything about it. I just personally didn't give a fuck and did what I could anyways. He wanted play games I couldn't win, but in the end I feel Victorious!

That motherfucker is GONE!!!

Though truth be told... I honestly have no doubt in my mind that he knew his time was up, long before it was. He seemed very good at taking advantage of people and situations with his position of power. So like a heist, he probably arranged a decent get away.

He is the #1 reason I never thought twice about staying with Bellator even though they wanted me to. I will miss all the friends I made there. But Bjorn made that place feel, smell, and taste like lumpy spoiled milk and vomit. My senses are still recovering.

I do believe now that Viacom has Scott Coker their organization will be a much better place for fighters to venture to. Hell I might even wear a Bellator shirt outside with pride now. Lol

P.S. My fastest win in Bellator is because I was visualizing my opponent was Bjorn Rebney. That is 100% fact, No lie!

I was furious going into that fight and even more furious that it ended so quickly cause I had so much RAGE to still unleash. You can even see it in my eyes and my reaction after the win....

I literally scream out "Fuck that Motherfucker!!!!!!!"

And it wasnt my actual opponent I was speaking about.... it was my imaginary opponent Bjorn Rebney who I left with a shotgun wound to the face! Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 3:08 AM
sage77

Ben Saunders -
"In My Opinion"

He knew exactly what he was doing... who to lie to, who to screw over, along with calculating precisely when and where to be shady.

He probably tried to please who he thought he needed to please. Two-facing like a fake ass motherfucker....

I actually take Pride knowing I might have had a little something to do with Viacoms decision. At least I did what I could to let the people in charge at Viacom know that piece of shit had to go! This was way before it actually happened. Yes! I did everything in my power to get his ass fired while still fighting for them.

Hate is a strong word but when someone fucks with your livelihood and in turn your family, your passion, your dreams, and everything you stand for. That means fucking WARFARE!

All the blood, sweat, and tears I have put into my career and throughout my life. I'll be dammed if I let this motherfucker try to play me without retaliation!

I feel I was a pretty big figure for their organization, & I had a ton of fighters that had my back in full support, employees too. But no one had any power or weight to do anything about it. I just personally didn't give a fuck and did what I could anyways. He wanted play games I couldn't win, but in the end I feel Victorious!

Though truth be told... I honestly have no doubt in my mind that he knew his time was up, long before it was. He seemed very good at taking advantage of people and situations with his position of power. So like a heist, he probably arranged a decent get away.

He is the #1 reason I never thought twice about staying with Bellator even though they wanted me to. I will miss all the friends I made there. But Bjorn made that place feel, smell, and taste like lumpy spoiled milk and vomit. My senses are still recovering.

I do believe now that Viacom has Scott Coker their organization will be a much better place for fighters to venture to. Hell I might even wear a Bellator shirt outside with pride now. Lol

P.S. My fastest win in Bellator is because I was visualizing my opponent was Bjorn Rebney. That is 100% fact, No lie!

I was furious going into that fight and even more furious that it ended so quickly cause I had so much RAGE to still unleash. You can even see it in my eyes and my reaction after the win....

And it wasnt my actual opponent I was speaking about.... it was my imaginary opponent Bjorn Rebney who I left with a shotgun wound to the face! Phone Post 3.0
Someone insert "shit just got real" GIF

I'm not up to date on this, but what exactly did Rebney do to mess with your livelihood Ben? Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 3:13 AM
Ben Saunders

sage77 -
Ben Saunders -
"In My Opinion"

Someone insert "shit just got real" GIF

I'm not up to date on this, but what exactly did Rebney do to mess with your livelihood Ben? Phone Post 3.0
Sorry bud. Details are not for the public.

Maybe one day.... possibly in a book after I retire.

but "fighting and my career" is my life and my livelihood right now if that helps any. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 3:13 AM
Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About tree-fiddy Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 3:27 AM
onandon

he would've been paid a FUCK ton to simply give up the reigns and walk away. I'm sure the guy is set for multiple life times now.
6/23/14 3:29 AM
Paramount Donkey
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders -
"In My Opinion"

This is what i was fucking waiting for!! Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 4:06 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 06/23/14 4:10 AM
yellow's alphamalesouth - 
MMALOGIC -

So at what point could he sell his "shares"? Does he have to sell them to viacom?

Say next year bellator starts turning a profit. Does he get a quarterly dividend or something from his shares? Phone Post 3.0

he can sell his shares at any point but sometimes the other shareholders (in this case viacom) would have first right of refusal to buy it from him.  Viacom hasnt bought it from him otherwise there would have been a press release stating so (they are a public company).

if the majority owners of bellator elect to make dividend payments then he'd get a distribution according to his shares along with every other shareholder.... but they wont make dividend payments...

if cokers promotion succeeds the profit will go directly to viacom and the promotion will likely break even or even lose some money.  YOu do this with simple accounting... viacom pays bellator a lower license fee for its tv content and viacom keeps all the ad money... viacom takes the lions share of the ppv revenue, bellator gets very little.

It will be set up in a way where Bellators "profit will be zeroed out"... bellators revenue will essentially be whatever budget viacom sets for it...

if viacom wants to give bellator a 10m per year budget they will deduct the estimated gate revenue, in cage sponsor revenue, and pay the rest in licnesing fees for the TV product...  that will be cokers budget to spend and he'll spend it and there will be no profit left over for dividen payments or distributions.

nobody is going to buy rebneys shares... they might as well just buy viacom stock because if cokers promotion succeeds viacom will be the one benefitting from it, not the promotion.  There are a few scenarios where viacom may want to buy his shares but they would have done so already if it were warranted.

I wouldnt be shocked if Rebney sues viacom... this guy loves suing people.

6/23/14 4:11 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 06/23/14 4:23 AM
onandon - he would've been paid a FUCK ton to simply give up the reigns and walk away. I'm sure the guy is set for multiple life times now.

his employment contract expired recently... why would he have to be paid a fuck ton to leave?

Viacom didnt buy his shares initially nor did they buy it when his employment contract expired (otherwise there would have been an announcement becuase they are a public company).

Rebney gambled and likely thought his shares would be worth a ton once his promotion got on spike... so he negotiated an employment contract (which was likley a very healthy figure).

the gamble didnt pay off because he neither got another employment contract nor has has his shares really increased in any value compared to what they would have been worth during the viacom purchase. 

He should have insisted that Viacom buy his shares when the initial purchase was made. 

6/23/14 7:59 AM
Pitbull3744

Ben Saunders -
"In My Opinion"

Finally brother bet that felt good. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 9:23 AM
lifeaftrprison
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders -
"In My Opinion"

Your "opinion " is well appreciated ! And take the positive - his person allowed you to win quickly ! Now go back and win again ! ;) Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 10:00 AM
Phil999

Ben Saunders - 
"In My Opinion"

Ben,

Didn't you say earlier you were taking the high road?
6/23/14 11:24 AM
JustAble
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish someone would come out and share the details. If not about Bens story, about any other fighter Bjorn has screwed with. I use to really like Bjorn but now he can go fuck himself. I trust Ben way more. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 11:33 AM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't really need the story. Bellator should be a competitor to the UFC. Maybe with Coker it will be more like one although its all one big monopoly now mostly.
6/23/14 11:37 AM
MMAzombie

Maybe I'm just a old jaded fan but is it not true that if any old fighter went on twitter and trashed his employer after being released(rampage) we would likely say things like sour grapes or maybe don't lose X amount of fights in row... Point being we wouldn't be like how we are with Ben

Facts Ben lost 2 tournaments on a row plus Bellator didn't think he was going to win the next one so the released him...

That's all we know
Ben comes in here bashing the person who fired him and refuses to say what "happened" in my book it's look at the evidence. Lost multiple tournaments Bellator
Some story 1/2 told Ben

Sorry just because he post here doesn't mean I'm just going to believe him...
And I like Ben so not bashing at all saying we are not horses don't dangle carrots and expect us to follow Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 12:02 PM
nobones

MMALOGIC -

That would have been a really bad sign if the owner and promoter sold his shares. He probably thought they would blow up maybe he was that stupid but asking Viacom to buy his shares would have sent a horrible signal to Spike. He is ok for money but he is no millionaire. He needs to work again some time in the future. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.