UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan dissed the UG

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/23/14 8:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find it interesting that Joe finally said something about some of the posters on here during his podcast with Duke. In case you missed it I believe his words were "there are a lot of douche bags on there now".

I can't say Joe is wrong and I also can't say that I haven't been a douche bag from time to time either. It seems a lot of the fighters and even Dana has abandoned this place. I have only been a member for over a year and lurked a little while before that but even in that time I have noticed some changes here.

What happened? How did this place stay legit for such a long time only for fighters and such to leave? How can we make positive change to the UG? Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:25 PM
rockafella
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a lot of douche bags on here.
6/23/14 8:27 PM
Tom O'Bedlam

rockafella - There are a lot of douche bags on here.

Fuckin this.
6/23/14 8:27 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 06/23/14 8:29 PM

Won't happen. Bunch of babies, whiners and complainers. Like much of the Internet, this place has become an enclave to just bitch about everything that is wrong. It's cultural. It won't change anytime soon.

6/23/14 8:28 PM
MMA Playwright
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogan will be back.
6/23/14 8:29 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

Won't happen. Bunch of babies, whiners and complainers. Like much of the Internet, this place has become an enclave to just bitch about everything that is wrong. It's cultural. It won't change anytime soon.

You're wrong!

wait a minute....

No. You're right. Phone Post 3.0
Team GDP's cancerous testicle
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this place sucks dick
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well it all started back in 2007...
6/23/14 8:31 PM
ABE FROMAN

Also, MMA'ers hate everybody in the sport, especially the top fighters. Seriously, I've read many posts that actually profess to HATE certain fighters.

6/23/14 8:32 PM
MoomBah

Kirik should bring MenTal back to hack and post as these fighters to re-raise the profile of this site.

6/23/14 8:34 PM
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

Are other forums like Sherdog the same way? This is the only MMA related forum I visit but I am assuming they are all like this. I like that mods are relaxed with some of the stuff here but maybe things need to be more strict, particularly when it comes to fighter bashing. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:35 PM
trobinson21
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its the same as it always was, it was just Pride vs UFC so much the argumentative, loud opinions were glossed over and passed off as heated battles. Now there is one big league and if we are having a big arguement its about guys who work for Joe's company so the hate and douchebag'ish behavior is directed at dudes Joe is around a lot and has rapport with so its closer to home. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:36 PM
ausgepicht

Malvert the Janitor - 
ABE FROMAN -

You're wrong!

wait a minute....

*your
6/23/14 8:38 PM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

Tom O'Bedlam -

Fuckin this.
Yup Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:38 PM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

ausgepicht -
Malvert the Janitor - 
ABE FROMAN -

You're wrong!

wait a minute....

*your
Wrong.

It is you're. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:40 PM
I Wild Each It
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Increased exposure and popularity as the sport grew, has brought new people here. Like anywhere you go, a % of those people are going to be immature, unfiltered, idiots (particularly when they're allowed to remain anonymous).

It then comes down to a business decision for the owners. What's more important? Increased traffic (sponsorship/ad money) or stricter Moderation and less traffic but popular fighters, Joe, Dana participating? It appears to be obvious which decision was made, and that's unfortunate.

Like Rogan stated in the Onnit thread...this place could use a good flushing, or two. A zero tolerance policy on fighter bashing and obvious trolling, that earned posters permabans would be a good start.

GSDbestbreed
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I left another forum after being a member for years because of the same issue. I haven't been here long, but have noticed an increase in trolls/douchebaggery.

With that said, I still think this is by far the best MMA forum. Its the internet, so nothing can stay sacred for long.
dushtin
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 
Malvert the Janitor - 
ABE FROMAN -

You're wrong!

wait a minute....

*your

*Your'

Malvert the Janitor
1514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht -
Malvert the Janitor - 
ABE FROMAN -

You're wrong!

wait a minute....

*your
Phone Post 3.0
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 06/23/14 8:41 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - 
ABE FROMAN -

Are other forums like Sherdog the same way? This is the only MMA related forum I visit but I am assuming they are all like this. I like that mods are relaxed with some of the stuff here but maybe things need to be more strict, particularly when it comes to fighter bashing. Phone Post 3.0

You tend to get banned at Sherdog if you go too far, which is actually beneficial at times.

Other forums are pretty much about the same when it comes to their controversy policy.

Here the Fightsport/4chan element is pretty much favored. You can read anything on the OG and check out how far they can go. Used to be that hate threads got shut down back in the day, now you get a shitload of crying if you can't poop on your unfavoritist fighter.

Also, the same trolls routinely make troll accounts even after being banned.

Most of us stay here because MMA news tends to break here first, but if another site got that distinction I wonder who would stay?

6/23/14 8:42 PM
Sinful1
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom O'Bedlam - 

Fuckin this.

6/23/14 8:46 PM

I Wild Each It - Increased exposure and popularity as the sport grew, has brought new people here. Like anywhere you go, a % of those people are going to be immature, unfiltered, idiots (particularly when they're allowed to remain anonymous).

It then comes down to a business decision for the owners. What's more important? Increased traffic (sponsorship/ad money) or stricter Moderation and less traffic but popular fighters, Joe, Dana participating? It appears to be obvious which decision was made, and that's unfortunate.

Like Rogan stated in the Onnit thread...this place could use a good flushing, or two. A zero tolerance policy on fighter bashing and obvious trolling, that earned posters permabans would be a good start.

I agree with everything you said but how the site traffic compares to what it was in the past. It seems there is less traffic here than there was a year ago but I don't know for sure. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:50 PM
jmont

Tom O'Bedlam -

Fuckin this.
OP, take a look at your sn. Your one of them. Phone Post 3.0
6/23/14 8:51 PM
Christian_

Its not considered a diss if its a fact. gtfo
6/23/14 8:51 PM
I Wild Each It
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - 
I Wild Each It - Increased exposure and popularity as the sport grew, has brought new people here. Like anywhere you go, a % of those people are going to be immature, unfiltered, idiots (particularly when they're allowed to remain anonymous).

I agree with everything you said but how the site traffic compares to what it was in the past. It seems there is less traffic here than there was a year ago but I don't know for sure. Phone Post 3.0

It's possible. The idiots have certainly driven some of the long time posters out of here.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.