UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: I can beat any woman on Earth in BJJ

6/24/14 1:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judom
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda def. has a big mouth but at the same time she makes a good point about the effectiveness of Judo ground work (those that do practice it).

I have to say I was always shocked to read over the years how these BJJ blue belts were tapping Judo blacks, but I also admit that many Judo black belts are not good at all (some get it after 1 year), they are just starting out.

At the same time, if you come from some of the more competitive European dojos where they do solid groundwork, and you compete regularly in Judo, many of these guys are hardcore: think NCAA D-1 college wrestler + BJJ purple/brown belt level. A regular BJJ black belt is just not going to tap these guys easily at all and may even find himself in bad positions.

Judo is a fantastic base, builds amazing athletes and if the dojo does a lot of ground work, then these are bad bad man (think Flavio Canto, Nastula, etc). I think this is widely accepted even in Brazil.
6/24/14 1:14 PM
TheJudge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gabi Garcia chuckles to herself. Kyra Gracie too.
6/24/14 1:14 PM
Animal Mother

Rhonda would die. It would be like the mountain crushing the red vipers head from GOT. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 1:22 PM
AlphaSlap
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judom - Ronda def. has a big mouth but at the same time she makes a good point about the effectiveness of Judo ground work (those that do practice it).

I have to say I was always shocked to read over the years how these BJJ blue belts were tapping Judo blacks, but I also admit that many Judo black belts are not good at all (some get it after 1 year), they are just starting out.

At the same time, if you come from some of the more competitive European dojos where they do solid groundwork, and you compete regularly in Judo, many of these guys are hardcore: think NCAA D-1 college wrestler + BJJ purple/brown belt level. A regular BJJ black belt is just not going to tap these guys easily at all and may even find himself in bad positions.

Judo is a fantastic base, builds amazing athletes and if the dojo does a lot of ground work, then these are bad bad man (think Flavio Canto, Nastula, etc). I think this is widely accepted even in Brazil.

No offense, but where are these mythical judo guys?

Here is olympian Rick Hawn getting subbed by a guy who started training bjj in 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBIxZ3ZfLo

Also, there is a guy in Westchester who was on the French National Team, he has stated that he hates newaza and never really trained it.
6/24/14 1:27 PM
HerschelHWGOAT

KidPittsburgh - 'Gabby is not a woman'- Ronda

'Gabby and Cyborg do not take PEDs, they just work hard' - the UG
6/24/14 1:29 PM
HerschelHWGOAT

Rcorb09 - 
ranier wolfcastle -

perhaps with very strict steroid testing ronda could... https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/10360509035_2c51f64616_z.jpg photo gabiromulo.jpghttp://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/wanderlei-silva-gabi-garcia-tuf-brazil.jpg

Wanderlei was trt'd up in the pic, and she's way more jacked! Looks like a Brazilian science project. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/27/5552910/gabi-garcia-tests-positive-for-fertility-drug-stripped-of-2013-worlds

Both were juiced up.
6/24/14 1:30 PM
BigEyedFish
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Niagara Falls, ON

95% of competitors in UFC and BJJ take Peds....

I think invoking Gabi is a little unrealistic.  I dont think you need to go to that extreme to find a woman that can beat RR soundly in grappling.  Like I said, Nicollini would beat her.  Im sure others would as well.  Girls like Dern or Bia...

6/24/14 1:46 PM
Damaynevent

That Brazilian chick from TUF was the first person I thought if when I read what Ronda said. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 1:54 PM
MickColins
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gabi looks like she's the love child of Tormen Giantsbane and the bear he fucked. I think she'd give Ronda some problems. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 2:15 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/14 2:16 PM

AlphaSlap - 
judom - Ronda def. has a big mouth but at the same time she makes a good point about the effectiveness of Judo ground work (those that do practice it).

No offense, but where are these mythical judo guys?

Here is olympian Rick Hawn getting subbed by a guy who started training bjj in 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBIxZ3ZfLo

Also, there is a guy in Westchester who was on the French National Team, he has stated that he hates newaza and never really trained it.

Here you go.

6/24/14 2:18 PM
molsonman
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could get jacked off a cycle of Gabi's sweat. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 2:26 PM
jTheHybridwolff
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheJudge - Gabi Garcia chuckles to herself. Kyra Gracie too.
As well as McKenzie Dern Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 2:34 PM
Polonista
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/14 2:36 PM
I'd pay a lot of money to see country vs country team submission only gi matches against this guys: 2013 World Team Judo Champions from Georgia:

http://www.worldsport.ge/uploads/photo/main/120/120987.jpg

Any of you guys really thinks it would be easy thing to tap them? Even for BJJ black belts?

Judo armbars highlight for those saying there's no ground training at international judo level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LS7aM2yO74
6/24/14 2:39 PM
Polonista
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and something more recent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa_W6e6qhVY
6/24/14 2:49 PM
rockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No.

Sometimes Rhonda should just kick back, relax and enjoy a nice, warm mug of STFU. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 2:55 PM
Standup29

I find it so funny how riled up you guys get over her comments. She believes she could beat anyone. And all of you pointing to Gabby is hilarious. She is clearly abusing steroids. But hey if the undefeated champ who is highly decorated in Judo thinks she can beat the best BJJ girls what is wrong with that?

Personally I'd love to see her in some grappling matches. If she wins awesome and if she loses, also awesome! Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 2:56 PM
Standup29

Kepler - No wonder Joe Rogan "dissed" the UG. Olympic medalist in Judo who has trained grappling all her life believes she can beat any other grappler in the world... what a shocker.

Look at the wording she said I 'can' beat any women. Seems pretty reasonable to me. As usual bunch of nerds online disrespecting people who have actually put the hard work in.

People should check out the video's of Ronda grappling BJ in the gi she is legit.
This Phone Post 3.0
6/24/14 3:37 PM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TampabayMMA - 
Animal Mother - Rhonda would die. It would be like the mountain crushing the red vipers head from GOT. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the spoiler asshole. I had the whole season dvrd and was going to watch it on my first day off in six months. I had been looking forward to it forever as the one bright spot in an overworked and underpaid life. Thanks a lot dickface. Phone Post 3.0

someone is a little cranky.

6/24/14 3:39 PM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kepler - No wonder Joe Rogan "dissed" the UG. Olympic medalist in Judo who has trained grappling all her life believes she can beat any other grappler in the world... what a shocker.

Look at the wording she said I 'can' beat any women. Seems pretty reasonable to me. As usual bunch of nerds online disrespecting people who have actually put the hard work in.

People should check out the video's of Ronda grappling BJ in the gi she is legit.

theyre on Youtube?
6/24/14 3:46 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junon - 
TampabayMMA - 
Animal Mother - Rhonda would die. It would be like the mountain crushing the red vipers head from GOT. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the spoiler asshole. I had the whole season dvrd and was going to watch it on my first day off in six months. I had been looking forward to it forever as the one bright spot in an overworked and underpaid life. Thanks a lot dickface. Phone Post 3.0

someone is a little cranky.

Thanks TampabayMMA, you inconsiderate maniac, I had skipped over Animal Mother's post as soon as I read mountain, but my eyes automatically scanned the rest of it after you quoted it, I had airlocked the entire season on VHS tapes using an impulse sealer and planned to cut them open like a time capsule in 2019 as a gift for my 43rd birthday, now I have no reason to live.

6/24/14 3:49 PM
12SixElbow
631 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love her spunk/attitude. 

But she isn't even the best female at her craft (Judo), so any talk about her being the best at another is kind of silly in my opinion.

FOX Force Five
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ ^^^^^
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She would have nothing for Fallon Fox's worm guard.

6/24/14 3:51 PM
FOX Force Five
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I refered to 2jupiters post BTW
6/24/14 3:54 PM
lolll

Standup29 - I find it so funny how riled up you guys get over her comments. She believes she could beat anyone. And all of you pointing to Gabby is hilarious. She is clearly abusing steroids. But hey if the undefeated champ who is highly decorated in Judo thinks she can beat the best BJJ girls what is wrong with that?

Personally I'd love to see her in some grappling matches. If she wins awesome and if she loses, also awesome! Phone Post 3.0

just like she "can" beat cain, personally i think she says this stuff more as self motivation rather than a real belief. but its pretty insulting to bjj, her, a person who isnt even the best in the world at the sport she trained all her life thinks shes better than every woman in a sport they trained all their life.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.