UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stann feels Wanderlei was on steroids during fight

6/26/14 3:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Adam Hunter
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/14 3:46 AM

Here is the brand new MMA Roasted Podcast. Our guests were Brian Stann, Bubba Jenkins and Germaine de Randamie. Stann comes on at 8.45. He talks about being a UFC Commentator, Diego Sanchez, Wanderlei Silva, Chael Sonnen, Iraq, and we discuss the time I met him and brought up how a fat chick at my ass the night before.

Bubba Jenkins comes on at 39.50. He talks about making the transition to MMA from Wrestling, how Cael Sanderson didn't like him at Penn State and why he left, winning the NCAA's for ASU and more.

Germaine comes on at 1.05.23 . She talks about being 46-0 in Muay Thai and being a 10X World Champ and the tough transition to MMA. She asks me out on a date (I gladly accept). She also talks about her last loss to Amanda Nunes and how she really just wants to stand and bang in the Octagon. Hope you enjoy the show and thanks for listening.

Adam Hunter

6/26/14 3:45 AM
vodka7
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool. Thank ya! Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 3:59 AM
Adam Hunter
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vodka7 - Cool. Thank ya! Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for listening. 

6/26/14 4:08 AM
Dead President
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vodka7 - Cool. Thank ya! Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 5:57 AM
MegaCholo2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's blasphemy! Silva has always been natural. I can't believe he would suggest such a thing. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 6:53 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super Duper Man - That combo Wandy ko'd him with was better timing and precision, not steroids. Stanns been ko'd by far lesser fighters Phone Post 3.0
Maybe you should go convince these guys to get off their illegal drugs that they're risking their careers with then. Since they clearly don't help them win any fights. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 6:54 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And it was pretty obvious Wand was on something that night. You just would have voted down into the arctic circles for openly saying it on here Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:00 AM
kronnchi

Stann is a sore loser, he's never been in silvas league Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:03 AM
3rdLion
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Super Duper Man - That combo Wandy ko'd him with was better timing and precision, not steroids. Stanns been ko'd by far lesser fighters Phone Post 3.0
Maybe you should go convince these guys to get off their illegal drugs that they're risking their careers with then. Since they clearly don't help them win any fights. Phone Post 3.0
QFT Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:06 AM
3 Sided Square
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kronnchi - Stann is a sore loser, he's never been in silvas league Phone Post 3.0

The league being the Untested Fighter Championship
6/26/14 7:26 AM
TBA11

Lol Wandy raged on steroids his entire career. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 8:53 AM
Kick Boxe
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't know stann was Brazilian Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 9:20 AM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stann just butthurt because he was a big fave and that was to be his career defining win and he got KOd cold.
6/26/14 9:27 AM
rubob

What about his fight with Chael "Bacne" Sonnen???
He should feel the same about that if he have any sense...
6/26/14 9:29 AM
Ramon Maroni

TBA11 - Lol Wandy raged on steroids his entire career. Phone Post 3.0

This

I thought this was pretty much common knowledge
6/26/14 9:50 AM
Looney Ronulan Paultard

Stann vs. Wand was an epic war. Glad I got to see it! Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 10:32 AM
Billyz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/14 10:40 AM
Let me ask you this. If you were a warrior like Stann. I mean an actual true to life war hero with a highly competitive spirit who fought a war with a legend like Wand and lost it in a competitive slugfest... wouldn't you be a bit pissed off that the guy was probably on the sauce

What makes his argument have merit in my eyes is it wasn't exactly a technical bout. It was straight aggression and power type win that got Wandy the win attributes that are actually enhanced by the sauce. Not finesse, perfect timing, accuracy and precision. . I can sort of see it not sitting well with Stann

NOW in contrast take Vitor almost decapitating Rockhold.
Another example of a fighter complaining afterward about losing to a fighter on PED.
EXCEPT he was defeated by a singular move that was a prime example of things the Juice probably didn't have much to do with. That kick took accuracy, technique, perfect timing and hand foot coordination. As for the power everyone will say was enhanced. Anyone landing that kick can generate some tremendous power. Off the sauce or on it that kick lands like a ton of bricks

Not saying Wandy wouldn't have won anyway, not saying Stann would have out muscled Wandy if he was clean but I can see why it bothers him.
6/26/14 10:35 AM
ClemenzasCannoli
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 11:04 AM
Soup and Beer
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ some inferring that the roids would only help you if you did a technique that involved pure strength.  Sure, things like a perfectly timed roundhouse kick is technique and not strength.  But on roids, you can train moves like that much more extensively because the roids are recouping your muscles much more quickly.

6/26/14 11:13 AM
SykChyld

Kick Boxe - I didn't know stann was Brazilian Phone Post 3.0
He chose to change the spelling of his last name from Stáññ to seem more American. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 11:30 AM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanderlei passed the same tests Stann passed for that fight, blame the UFC for having shit drug testing for the overseas events, if anything.
6/26/14 11:33 AM
kronnchi

Instead of blaming the loss on roids he should blame it on a bad game plan. Based on the fight it was clear he thought he could stand and wang with silva and get a quick knockout on an aging fighter who's chin was not what it used to be. His technique went out the window and he stood upright swinging from the hip, that to me was the real reason he lost. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 11:40 AM
Billyz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer - 

lol @ some inferring that the roids would only help you if you did a technique that involved pure strength.  Sure, things like a perfectly timed roundhouse kick is technique and not strength.  But on roids, you can train moves like that much more extensively because the roids are recouping your muscles much more quickly.

I can agree to a the higher volume of training due to the recuperative effects, but put it in perspective. Vitor juice or no Juice has the technique and speed to pull that off and while he probably was able to train more, was that specific technique (and I only refer to it so often because it is such a one off rarely used technique) bettered by his TRT? I really don't think so. Again still saying TRT gave him an advantage just not in that actual instance.

Of the two fights referenced which one would have benefited more from the sauce? The admitted highly technical move or the hyper aggressive style with little technique.

Then again, Chael ragdolled Stann and THAT to me seems like a fight I would have even bigger gripe against as it would seem that TRT in that particular instance would give a huge benefit.
However think of this
Stann was never a good grappler and Chael is a vastly superior grappler.
In the same way TRT didn't help Chael against Rashad's superior grappling and he in that instance looked like he was rag dolled by someone who I think is actually a little smaller than him.
6/26/14 11:43 AM
ranier wolfcastle
994 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my guess is both were roided for the fight

does 1 look more unfairly muscled than the other?

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/wanderlei-silva-brian-stann.jpg

6/26/14 12:01 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kronnchi - Instead of blaming the loss on roids he should blame it on a bad game plan. Based on the fight it was clear he thought he could stand and wang with silva and get a quick knockout on an aging fighter who's chin was not what it used to be. His technique went out the window and he stood upright swinging from the hip, that to me was the real reason he lost. Phone Post 3.0

Did you listen to the podcast? Clearly not...

He discusses the game plan, he gets asked about steroids and shares his honest opinion. He didn't say he lost because of the steroids. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.