UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Scott Coker pens open letter to Bellator fans

6/26/14 7:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/26/5847068/scott-coker-our-goal-is-to-make-every-bellator-event-feel-big-and

It's been a little over a week since former Strikeforce founder Scott Coker replaced Bjorn Rebney as the president of operations for Bellator MMA. And while things remain quiet as Viacom plots out the future for what has already been referred to as "Bellator 2.0," Coker offered fight fans a sneak preview on Thursday, posting a letter on Bellator.com that can be seen in its entirety below.

Dear Bellator Nation,

I wanted to take a moment and tell you all how excited I am to be a part of the Bellator family. I've been working closely with the incredible team here along with our partners at Spike to see how we are going to bring this great company to new heights.

My first order of business is to take a look at the Bellator roster and determine all the exciting possibilities that are in store for the future. Our goal is to make every Bellator event feel BIG and special which is a huge win for fighters, advertisers, and of course- and most importantly- you, the fans. I've been on the phone with dozens of fighters and to hear the excitement in their voices has been incredibly encouraging.

I know there are so many questions about what changes may be in store for Bellator. While we are still very early in the process of executing on our long term vision, the plan is simple. We want to put on the most entertaining events possible for YOU. We want Bellator to be a first-choice destination for the best fighters in the world and we want our events to showcase the fun side of the sport - the personality and showmanship that makes MMA so entertaining. This is the best sport in the world and we want our events to demonstrate that for all to see.

We've got a ton of work to do, and July 25th is right around the corner. We'll have more updates in the coming weeks, and I can't wait to see all of you on Spike TV and at Pechanga in July.

-Scott Coker

6/26/14 7:04 PM
pharochuck
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

should be a god thing to have some new blood at the top of the organization

6/26/14 7:04 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im pumped. Coker is going to come up with some good stuff. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:05 PM
onandon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Coker
6/26/14 7:05 PM
Dawggy
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disgonbegood.gif? Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:09 PM
I Wild Each It
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coker's a professional.
6/26/14 7:12 PM
dhughes
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It - Coker's a professional.

Absolutely!
6/26/14 7:12 PM
vagabond
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is how you act as a president of a sports organization.
6/26/14 7:16 PM
HandyDarsh
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am
Stoked to see what Coker can do with bellator.
Will chandler fight Alvarez or no? Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:17 PM
mose
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Coker was in Bellator's land, let my Alvarez go.

Seriously, he could change a lot of perception right there, right the wrongs of the past, etc.
6/26/14 7:19 PM
Pitbull3744

yellow's alphamalesouth - Im pumped. Coker is going to come up with some good stuff. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I'm def pumped also. Scott knows now to put things together. Bjorn was getting to into the whole Warfare thing and sort of lost his a way. Well tis a new day lets see what's going to happen. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:24 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs to throw Kimbo in there, get some eyes on his product, and go from there. Add Manhoef, scott smith, and other exciting fighters and they will flourish.

This is the petfect time for bellator as the UFC is content with putting on mediocre cards with point fighters.

Spike is a good platform as well. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:34 PM
MMA Playwright
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/26/14 7:38 PM
esque
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TouchedByAFedor - I love Scott Coker, a true good guy.

And he didnt have to take HGH to bulk up to 230 and pretend to be tough, Coker got dat natural husky build
This. Any natural husky-fat male is ok in my book. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:42 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Scott brings the ramp back and fixes some of the production shortcomings on top of roster and fight card improvements. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:43 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth

Kimbo and fireworks display/ramp on the july 25th show will suffice for now. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:48 PM
OliverHumperdink
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow's alphamalesouth - He needs to throw Kimbo in there, get some eyes on his product, and go from there. Add Manhoef, scott smith, and other exciting fighters and they will flourish.

This is the petfect time for bellator as the UFC is content with putting on mediocre cards with point fighters.

You trolled me!! I thought you were serious the first time I read your post and logged in to blast you. Then as I read it again I realized the whole thing was pure sarcasm. You got me good! Especially with the throwing Kimbo in there, for a second there I thought you never saw Kimbo vs Alexander... clearly no one in their right mind could think putting Kimbo on live TV would be a good idea for MMA.
6/26/14 7:49 PM
OliverHumperdink
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow's alphamalesouth - Kimbo and fireworks display/ramp on the july 25th show will suffice for now. Phone Post 3.0

Bravo keep the troll rollin
6/26/14 7:50 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth

OliverHumperdink -
yellow's alphamalesouth - He needs to throw Kimbo in there, get some eyes on his product, and go from there. Add Manhoef, scott smith, and other exciting fighters and they will flourish.

You trolled me!! I thought you were serious the first time I read your post and logged in to blast you. Then as I read it again I realized the whole thing was pure sarcasm. You got me good! Especially with the throwing Kimbo in there, for a second there I thought you never saw Kimbo vs Alexander... clearly no one in their right mind could think putting Kimbo on live TV would be a good idea for MMA.
I was being serious. I dont troll.

Kimbo on live tv equals 5 million+ viewers.

Thats how u kick off bellator 2.0 Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 7:59 PM
I Wild Each It
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OliverHumperdink - 
yellow's alphamalesouth - Kimbo and fireworks display/ramp on the july 25th show will suffice for now. Phone Post 3.0

Bravo keep the troll rollin

Stop acting like a dildo, have an intelligent discussion, or just go away.

alphamalesouth makes some interesting points.
6/26/14 8:00 PM
Jericco

in before UG News

6/26/14 8:31 PM
MMALOGIC

big misstep if they dont change the name.  The Bellator brand has bad baggage and the few staunch supporters they had have been alienated by viacom getting rid of the tournament structure.  The brand is a liability at this point.

6/26/14 8:40 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth

MMALOGIC -

big misstep if they dont change the name.  The Bellator brand has bad baggage and the few staunch supporters they had have been alienated by viacom getting rid of the tournament structure.  The brand is a liability at this point.

Not really. I agree the name isnt the best but the old bellator was plagued by shoddy promoting/advertising.

They need to go on a PR blitz, first fight with kimbo to draw in interest in the brand and go from there.

Elitexc wasnt the best name either but that didnt stop them from setting a record in the most watched mma fight of all time in NA.

I know it sounds ridiculous but the Kimbo signing is key here to relaunching their brand. They probably signed him for a third of what they got tito or rampage for and its going to pay dividends.

Looking forward to your rationalization of why bellator draws in 4x the viewers as a ufc fight night. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 8:44 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Dana just got owned yo Phone Post 3.0
6/26/14 8:45 PM
I Wild Each It

yellow's alphamalesouth - 
MMALOGIC -

Not really. I agree the name isnt the best but the old bellator was plagued by shoddy promoting/advertising.

They need to go on a PR blitz, first fight with kimbo to draw in interest in the brand and go from there.

Elitexc wasnt the best name either but that didnt stop them from setting a record in the most watched mma fight of all time in NA.

I know it sounds ridiculous but the Kimbo signing is key here to relaunching their brand. They probably signed him for a third of what they got tito or rampage for and its going to pay dividends.

Looking forward to your rationalization of why bellator draws in 4x the viewers as a ufc fight night. Phone Post 3.0

Don't provoke him, please. Sometimes silence is a beautiful thing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.