UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hacran Dias VS Ricardo Lamas - background info

25 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Santo Amaro
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/14 12:49 PM

Please see this post below thanks to Andy - I could not get images or video to work!
25 days ago
Santo Amaro
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/14 11:08 AM
If anyone can help me with embedding images and vids that would be sweet!

If anyone is interested there is more on the favela on a couple other threads I made on Shertard.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f61/nova-uniao-gringos-view-why-brazil-produces-such-competitive-fighters-2534969/

Just to add: - we have some DOPE prizes for crowdfunding support (wait while I shout in upper case...) like a TRIP FOR 2 TO RIO FOR A WEEK (FLIGHTS + TRANSPORT + ACCOMMODATION COVERED) TO TRAIN WITH HACRAN IN THE FAVELA AND VISIT NOVA UNIAO TO MEET JOSE, JDS AND RENAN FOR LUNCH AND ATTEND A SHOOTO BRAZIL EVENT WITH BACKSTAGE PASSES - thats just 1 of LOADS of great incentives to help us by crowdfunding - also 5% goes to that social project keeping kids off the streets and away from the lure of the drug cartels

I was hoping that Joe Rogan might like to interview the Director or myself about the project on his podcast. He posts on here right?

We could discuss the whole drug cartel and favela pacification issue and a whole bunch of other MMA related stuff to do with these fighters - but I guess thats a long shot? The Director will be named soon and that might open the door as he's pretty famous
25 days ago
Santo Amaro

Edited: 06/27/14 11:20 AM
FFS what is this voodoo yoyu guys use to code this forum!
25 days ago
andyloveshugs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/14 11:45 AM

Hi guys, I am a newbie here as I usually post on your rival board Sherdoggy but thought you real hardcore fans might apreciate this - I don't really understand your forum interface so bear with me whilst I try sort this thread out. 

I am working on a documentary feature following fighters from the Santo Amaro favela where Hacran Dias was born and lives.Santo Amaro National Force operations 2012

Over the course of my time doing R&D and working towards finance I've got to know the fighters and the favela quite well. Its the same favela that Eduardo Dantas and Marlon Sandro are from and has some top prospects from there fighting for Nova Uniao such as Fernando Dos Santos (7-0) and Marcelo Costa (Just beat Ronny Mann).

Anyhow - as Ricardo Lamas has shown what a great guy he is by accepted the fight with Hacran Dias (a very tough fight and almost a lose lose for Ricardo seeing as Hacran is not that well known but totally dangerous as F***) - I thought I'd give you guys some background info and a breakdown as to how I see the fight unfolding.

SO firstly - Hacran is one of the nicest guys ever. Period. He comes from a very tough background, the favela these guys are from was ravaged by warring drug cartels and BOPE and military police incursions - the place was like a war zone.

I have researched this like nobodies business for the film and basically the Don of the hill is one of the characters that the film Elite Squad 2 opens with in the prison Bangu 1 when he negotiates with the BOPE after the prison massacre.

There is a whole history regarding the drug factions and the wars on the hill but thats for another time - just believe me when I say it was tough and these residents have been through a lot.

Anyhow - Hacran saw many of his friends die in the battles fought on the hill by the cartels or at the hands of the cops - Marlon Sandro (the father of MMA on the hill) managed to get Hacran to train jujitsu at the social project he set up (training alongside Eduardo Dantas) and the rest led him to his 21-1-1 record and getting signed to the UFC etc.

Rather then me blabber about it - check out this vid we shot with him for Viceland.

[VIMEO][url]http://vimeo.com/66269124[/url][/VIMEO]

Video does not seem to load so here is the link:
[url]https://vimeo.com/66269124[/url]

Hacran began to take on the role of instuctor at the social project. Marlon had set it up to keep kids out of the drug gangs and he says in that video how tough it was to watch some of the more wayward kids stop attending and then disappear - occasionally winding up dead - good kids but with no direction.

So Hacran is forged from this same kind of tough background that lends itself perfectly to MMA - you need to be hard working and determined as hell to make a success of yourself in such an environment.

Hacran is built like a tank. He walks around much heavier that he fights and his style is top heavy smothering jujitsu with ground n pound - mostly he finished by RNC after softening his opponent up.

But here in lies his kryptonite. His weight cut is often incredibly brutal - far worse than his team mate Jose Aldos.

To give you a clear understanding of the weight cut - check these before and after pics from weigh in at Shooto Brazil against Eddie Hoch (The fight that got him signed to the UFC) and from the day after the fight - he was so dehydrated that he had internal swelling in his abdomen and legs prior to the fight which meant he could not eat or walk (in the US the fight might have been called off?)

Sorry the images are so big - they are from our shoot

This fight early in his career (5th or 6th fight) is of interest as it shows a decent transition game whilst showing off some of his striking. Now this was early in his career and his striking is much more technical now but even then he is not looping shots and throwing wild haymakers as is the criticism of many Brazilian fighters.

Saying that I still believe Ricardo has the better striking- Ricardo Lamas is a baddass and was't able to show his true ability against Jose Aldo. To go from #1 contender to fighting Hacran must seem like a bit of an insult to him as Hacran is not in the top ten but Ricardo realises how dangerous Hacran is.

In Ricardo's interview with MMA Fighting he said he knows that both him and Hacran have similar games, both can strike and both are top control fighters on the ground. Ricardo was clear that he intends to get Hacran on his back and dominate him at his own game - similar to the way Nik Lenz was able to shut down Hacran in their last outing.

So Hacran went from dominating Yuri Alcantara on the ground to being dominated by Nik Lenz's wrestling game - pretty strange turn of events given Hacran's career and his ability to use his strength and jits to negate the wrestling advantage. Ricardo took Jose the distance and turned it up in the late rounds but says he wants to take it to the ground? Interesting and I don't particularly believe Lamas here - his best bet is to exploit Hacran on the feet.

Hacran has the better top control, the better sweeps and the better submissions. Saying that - if Ricardo can gain full mount and hold it long enough to go super sian with gnp he may have a chance.

I see this fight unfolding as follows - Ricardo intends to keep it standing early faking takedowns but Hacran will get the clinch and Lamas will find himself underneath the heavier fighter unable to utilise his ground game for the majority of the fight. I see Hacran winning by decision and I see this being one of the more exciting fights on the card.

By the way - our film will be crowdfunding next month and we have prizes such as a trip for two to Rio to train with Hacran in Santo Amaro, meet the team at Nova Uniao (including Jose, Renan and JDS) and attend a Shooto Brazil event. All flights, transport and accomadation will be free. We have other prizes too such as gaming laptops and signed merchandise and T shirts. Also the usual producer credits etc on offer - when its up the prizes are so dope its worth a punt.

The film is called HILL OF CHAMPIONS and the twitter handle is @HillOfChampions - if the Sherdog mods dont mind I'll post an outline of the film with the trailer and some background insights when crowdfunding commences mid July. Also - if you follow the twitter handle we will also have a raffle for followers to win signed merchandise.

https://twitter.com/HillOfChampions

Cheers guys - sorry about the big ass pictures and the rushed post (its a copy and edit job from my sherdog post)!
25 days ago
Santo Amaro

Edited: 06/27/14 11:27 AM
Oh Wow! Nice one dude! You just saved my post - its was going down the pan quickly LOL
25 days ago
Santo Amaro

Edited: 06/27/14 11:30 AM
andylovehugs - THANK YOU. Is there a resource for the enbedding code?

The fight I quoted in the [yt][/yt] identifers was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3GcVoLI_6o
25 days ago
Santo Amaro

You nailed it previously - was looking dope. So you need to pay to use this site? I guess it keeps the trolls away which is a good thing - on Sherdog if I post this it gets buried in five minutes below a bunch of posts about Brock Lesner leg days VS Rhonda mayweather threads
25 days ago
andyloveshugs

I'm sorry I can't really get the formatting down.

Also, the reason your post isn't working like it did on Sherdog is the UG requires money to post pics and stuff. The community is a bit better here and we get Rogan and fighters posting, but Sherdog is much better as a website and it doesn't try to jew you out of $30. 

Lol I meant to post that as a reply, but the site had some error on editing that made the edit post box down at the bottom where the new post box should be so I accidentally deleted the post. 

25 days ago
Santo Amaro

Haha! Well thank you for sorting this.. I might have to get that Pro membership but its a bit steep just to be able to do standard forum edits - oh well. Thanks again
25 days ago
andyloveshugs

ttt

25 days ago
Santo Amaro

^^^ Thanks!

Come on Underground - Surely some of you hardcore faithful have an opinion on the Hacran Dias VS Ricardo Lamas fight? Or is Sherdog the place to go for educated MMA debate? LOL!

For me this is the fight of the night but has little press - I was listening to the MMA Hour and they literally skipped it. They did talk about it a bit but I think its worthy of a little more. Anyhow - we will see how Hacran does with the weigh in - if I could post more pics I have some from his hotel this morning as he tries to cut the final pounds
25 days ago
Santo Amaro

Another thing of interest is the injuries that saw Hacran pull out of the Kawajiri fight. He has a reoccurring hand injury which he is waiting till after this fight to get surgery on. Hopefully it does not impact on his performance. IMHO Lamas could get the job done standing especially if Hacran is in any way hesitant - in order to win this he needs to be sharp and not show Lamas respect - he needs his game face on - if he can do that the fight is his
25 days ago
Labrador
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT and IN for later.
25 days ago
Wasa-B
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 great FW bouts this weekend with this one and Hioki/Oliveira.
25 days ago
Santo Amaro

Wasa-B - 2 great FW bouts this weekend with this one and Hioki/Oliveira.

Yeah thats one hell of a fight. No idea how that turns out, thats a war
24 days ago
Santo Amaro

weigh ins are live now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXTmHVIKLY
24 days ago
Sloppy Single Leg
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still very impressed that Dias beat Iuri Alcantara.
24 days ago
Santo Amaro

Right this thread slipped to the 4th page. If I could post pictures I could really give some insight into the history of the drug cartels. Can someone tell me - do I really need to sign up to just embed pics? If so I'll do it but if there is a workaround let me know
23 days ago
Santo Amaro

Edited: 06/29/14 2:19 PM
One judge 30-27? What are these judges smoking? I want some of that delusion dust.

I have no problem with a 29/28 either way with but it was close. First round Hacran, second round too close to call and open to interpretation - I'm obviously bias but swung it in Hacran's favor on account of a knock down and more damage from leg kicks - but 30-27?

Anyway - fun night of fights. What you guys think?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.