UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Swanson: I'm the fastest puncher in the division

6/27/14 4:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On Saturday night Cub Swanson fights Jeremy Stephens and with a win can earn a shot at the UFC featherweight title against champion Jose Aldo. Swanson believes he holds an advantage over Aldo, and every other featherweight fighter:

“I feel like I’m the fastest puncher in the featherweight division, and I’m willing to put it to the test if anyone wants to tell me otherwise,” Swanson said with a smile.

Five years ago, the featherweight kingpin stopped him in eight seconds with a flying double-knee in the now-defunct WEC. Despite the brief and painful result, Swanson said he learned a tremendous amount about physical and mental preparation.

Now, he’s reaping the results. He has beaten five straight UFC opponents, and he wants a second chance. If successful on Saturday at San Antonio’s AT&T Center (on the FOX Sports 1-televised main card), he just might get one.

Aldo is next scheduled to rematch Chad Mendes, whom he knocked out two years ago in his third octagon fight, in August at UFC 176. His next challenger is not yet known.

“I think it would probably be the most anticipated fight in featherweight history,” Swanson said. “I can’t say the outcome, but I’m very confident in my ability.

read entire article...

6/27/14 4:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dubate
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Cub wins. I would love to see him fight Aldo for the New Years show. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 5:23 PM
Bay Area
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie IMO Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 5:25 PM
CaliKush
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a tragedy that the ufc hasn't told cub he gets title shot no matter what with a win Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 5:31 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bay Area - Frankie IMO Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:11 PM
talkischeap
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got cub Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:20 PM
Good Boy Killa

Jeremy by KO/TKO Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:24 PM
Arlovskis Chin
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a big fan. But he wouldn't be in my top 3.

Tends to be pretty telegraphed. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:25 PM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very entertaining fighter. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:26 PM
ausgepicht

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Sure.

#smokingrocks
6/27/14 6:26 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arlovskis Chin - I am a big fan. But he wouldn't be in my top 3.

He's probably one of the most creative strikers in MMA, and one of the least telegraphed.

Dan Henderson is telegraphed. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:32 PM
BeatonHauff
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super Duper Man -
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT -
. Phone Post 3.0
LOL Retards didnt see Frankie fight Aldo. Aldo was clearly faster than him. Mendes is also quicker than Edgar. Frankie gave up his speed advantage for size when he dropped down. Phone Post 3.0
Bitch please, you must have a mental desease Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:33 PM
BeatonHauff
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disease ffs Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 6:50 PM
BeatonHauff

Super Duper Man -
BeatonHauff -
Super Duper Man -
. Phone Post 3.0
LOL Retards didnt see Frankie fight Aldo. Aldo was clearly faster than him. Mendes is also quicker than Edgar. Frankie gave up his speed advantage for size when he dropped down. Phone Post 3.0
Bitch please, you must have a mental desease Phone Post 3.0
Why because i said Aldo has quicker hands than Frankie? It was blatantly obvious when they fought. Mendes also has faster hands then Edgar. Edgar is bigger and stronger than Mendes but Chad
Is smaller and quicker Phone Post 3.0
I think Frankie was a bit tentative with his hands because he was worrying about Aldos kicks. It's hard to say with mendes, his striking looks better every fight, I'm not sure he's faster than Frankie. I really hope he beats Aldo though. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 8:55 PM
norcal3737

Mendes is 100% bigger than Frankie. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 8:57 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super Duper Man -
. Phone Post 3.0
I didn't say Frankie was the fastest in the division, but I do think he is faster than Cub. But thanks for the put down. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 8:27 AM
CaptChaos
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah cub definitely deserves a title shot if her beats Stephens. You could have argued he earned 1 before this fight. Cub has finished 4 of his last 5 opponents.

It's amazing that Stephens has fought in the UFC 18 times already and he's still only 28. Match ups make fights and this is a great matchup. Jeremy is dangerous and Cub likes to take chances.
6/28/14 12:00 PM
1a1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea mendes and aldo are clearly faster than edgar. I was actually shocked at how much faster aldo was Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 6:18 PM
Arlovskis Chin
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts -
Arlovskis Chin - I am a big fan. But he wouldn't be in my top 3.

He's probably one of the most creative strikers in MMA, and one of the least telegraphed.

Dan Henderson is telegraphed. Phone Post 3.0
Creative I agree on. Telegraphed less so. Everyone and their mum knows hendos coming with an inside low kick and an overhand right. Everyone gets hit by it.

Cub lunges into a lot of his shots from distance and has longer pull backs on a lot of his shots than most. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 7:38 PM
Bay Area

Super Duper Man -
Super Duper Man -
. Phone Post 3.0
I didn't say Frankie was the fastest in the division, but I do think he is faster than Cub. But thanks for the put down. Phone Post 3.0
Cub said he is the fastest and u just said "frankie imo" so you're pretty much saying frankie is the fastest. Gotta clarify homie Phone Post 3.0
He technically quoted me and I was saying Frankie is the fastest but at this point I will go ahead and say Aldo is the fastest.

I still think Frankie is faster than Cub and probably faster than Mendes but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.