UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why do people bitch so much about fightpass ?

6/27/14 9:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Paquet90
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - Because you are being charged to watch something that was free & of low quality. Its like netflix if they only have movies from USA UP all night with Rhonda Shear
It was never free you have to pay for cable that shit is not free so for a guy like me with no reason to get cable anymore it a fucking steal Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 9:23 PM
Team Blackhouse Fan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The interface fucking blows my cock. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 9:32 PM
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paquet90 -
easedel - Because you are being charged to watch something that was free & of low quality. Its like netflix if they only have movies from USA UP all night with Rhonda Shear
It was never free you have to pay for cable that shit is not free so for a guy like me with no reason to get cable anymore it a fucking steal Phone Post 3.0
See that's fine for you. You don't have cable,I would bet a large percentage of the forum does have some sort of cable/satellite TV. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/14 9:38 PM
Paquet90
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chilz -
Paquet90 -
See that's fine for you. You don't have cable,I would bet a large percentage of the forum does have some sort of cable/satellite TV. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I agree oh well I still think it a good deal Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 2:56 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paquet90 -
FedorEmilioEstevez - Most events for fightpass are blacked out in australia due to cable deals. Cable is a complete rip off in this country. Glad you like it though I hope it gets an Apple TV ap then id be on there straight away. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah fuck that sucks for you guys I just figure everyone but the USA had the same deal we had but I guess I was wrong Phone Post 3.0
I wish, thinking of still buying simply for the archives but have most on DVD or file already. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 4:03 AM
Aleksandra Albus Gstring
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NatualBornTickler -
rbl - World fucking domination bro!

Phone Post 3.0
That's what I got, in Australia basically everybody just steals it. It's become a way of life. Phone Post 3.0
^ Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 4:04 AM
thefunkyfreshFIEND
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aleksandra Albus Gstring -
NatualBornTickler -
rbl - World fucking domination bro!

Phone Post 3.0
That's what I got, in Australia basically everybody just steals it. It's become a way of life. Phone Post 3.0
^ Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 5:47 AM
newtotheinterweb

People hated it from the minute Dana said it would be good. It's still got some bugs that need ironing out but it will grow and include some cool stuff. Just needs some time. I think it was rushed out before it was really ready. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 6:03 AM
Macedawgg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
Nexuscrawlers - I think the UFC is shooting themselves in the foot by not giving the old fights away for free.
They should just use banner ads and stuff to generate revenue rather than making their product less accessible.
But oh well, I guess they can maybe make more money off this, but it seems like something only existing fans would pay for. They aren't winning over any new fans with fightpass. Phone Post 3.0

More people are watching the facebook prelims now that it's behind a paywall than when it was free.

As the UG loves to say--Source?

6/28/14 6:11 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 06/28/14 6:13 AM
Macedawgg - 
MMALOGIC - 
Nexuscrawlers - I think the UFC is shooting themselves in the foot by not giving the old fights away for free.
They should just use banner ads and stuff to generate revenue rather than making their product less accessible.
But oh well, I guess they can maybe make more money off this, but it seems like something only existing fans would pay for. They aren't winning over any new fans with fightpass. Phone Post 3.0

More people are watching the facebook prelims now that it's behind a paywall than when it was free.

If you ask Marshall Zelaznik (head of fightpass) he'll confirm it.

6/28/14 6:37 AM
hewsdaddy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Comparing it to Netflix doesn't do fight pass any favors. Netflix offers way more content on a way more reliable platform for less $. Fight pass is alright but the search function is shit , the lack of console apps is embarrassing and the live streaming is inconsistent at best. They'd have been better off pursuing the paid YouTube channel longer as it seems to actually work Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 8:07 AM
AMERICANTstopbeingaRORYfanforlife
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
Macedawgg - 
MMALOGIC - 

If you ask Marshall Zelaznik (head of fightpass) he'll confirm it.

So your proof is we can go ask a UFC employee to give us proprietary numbers? God you're such a joke. Kinda like there was more interest for 174 right? Lmfao 

6/28/14 1:07 PM
sniper1026

When Fight Pass shows can be seen in bars, less people will complain.

I think that not showing the last UFC prelims on Fox contributed to the low PPV buys.

Showing them on cable fuels the need for someone to want to buy the ppv or rush out to the bar and watch the main event IMO.

Out of sight, out of mind!
6/28/14 7:15 PM
Macedawgg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Logic.

6/28/14 7:24 PM
JohnMorgansBlueShirt
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - I think the issue for most is that as the cards get worse and worse (more watered down), they are paying more and more. I don't really care but for example, I have Spike in my cable package so I used to get every fight possible that was not on PPV. So lets run the numbers now....

FS1 is not part of my cable package. If I want it, it's an extra $10/month, so $120/year.

I believe there are 14 PPV's scheduled this year. If I order all, it's another $770.

Now, if I want to see the FP cards, it's ANOTHER $10/month, or $120/year.

So, to watch roughly 40 UFC cards, I'd have to spend $1,010 this year. If I want to watch 268 NFL games in a season, I'd spend a maximum of $225 (Sunday Ticket, all games). And I could spend ZERO to get all the best featured games weekly, all playoffs games, and Super Bowl.

UFC: 40 cards = $1,000+

NFL: 268 games = $225.

So no, it's not the $10/month. Again, it's that the cards are getting shittier as the prices go up. I think it's just the straw that broke the camels back for many. I was starting to lose interest before and now I don't really care other than major fights. MMA is kind of like boxing for me now.

This doesn't even make sense. In reality with the Sunday Ticket you are paying to watch possibly 2 DIFFERENT games a week that aren't being shown in your area for free. And that's 17 weeks compared to year round. One if the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen written here. That's saying a lot.
6/28/14 7:25 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

MMALOGIC - 

Isn't the idea of showing prelims to get people excited for and purchase the PPV? If more people are really watching on FP, and for the events that show the prelims there, why isn't that transitioning into more PPV buys and not way less?
6/28/14 7:47 PM
ima zombie
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I can't watch live fights on my iPad/iphone so I can't stream it to my Apple TV, so that's frustrating as hell. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 7:54 PM
BubblesNS
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_TFK_Tat2tillidie -
Thacommish - You seem to think this out has well has anyone else too. i know fight pass is your worth it, but is it my worth it? is it all of our worth its? Like you say the cards has not had stacks.
I don't know how anyone missed this gem ... Lol Phone Post 3.0
He's trying to be the next i wild each it Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 8:00 PM
Paquet90

ima zombie - Well I can't watch live fights on my iPad/iphone so I can't stream it to my Apple TV, so that's frustrating as hell. Phone Post 3.0
If you have fightpass you can I do it all the time Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 8:20 PM
ima zombie
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paquet90 -
ima zombie - Well I can't watch live fights on my iPad/iphone so I can't stream it to my Apple TV, so that's frustrating as hell. Phone Post 3.0
Is says my device doesn't support adobe flash player? Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 8:47 PM
Paquet90

ima zombie -
Paquet90 -
Are you on the UFC app? You can't play it off the browser just download the UFC app then got to the fightpass section and sign in Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 8:58 PM
ima zombie

Paquet90 -
ima zombie -
Paquet90 -
Are you on the UFC app? You can't play it off the browser just download the UFC app then got to the fightpass section and sign in Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I was on the browser, thanks tho have a vote up. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 9:20 PM
Paquet90

ima zombie -
Paquet90 -
ima zombie -
Paquet90 -
Yeah I was on the browser, thanks tho have a vote up. Phone Post 3.0
No problem man it great to be able to watch on your iPhone if your at work or at school during your break . Phone Post 3.0
6/29/14 7:11 PM
JohnMorgansBlueShirt
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DYNO - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - I think the issue for most is that as the cards get worse and worse (more watered down), they are paying more and more. I don't really care but for example, I have Spike in my cable package so I used to get every fight possible that was not on PPV. So lets run the numbers now....

FS1 is not part of my cable package. If I want it, it's an extra $10/month, so $120/year.

I believe there are 14 PPV's scheduled this year. If I order all, it's another $770.

So, to watch roughly 40 UFC cards, I'd have to spend $1,010 this year. If I want to watch 268 NFL games in a season, I'd spend a maximum of $225 (Sunday Ticket, all games). And I could spend ZERO to get all the best featured games weekly, all playoffs games, and Super Bowl.

So no, it's not the $10/month. Again, it's that the cards are getting shittier as the prices go up. I think it's just the straw that broke the camels back for many. I was starting to lose interest before and now I don't really care other than major fights. MMA is kind of like boxing for me now.

Quote it as much as you like. Still is one if the dumbest comparisons I've seen posted here.
6/29/14 7:57 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

JohnMorgansBlueShirt - 
DYNO - 

Quote it as much as you like. Still is one if the dumbest comparisons I've seen posted here.

So tell us another sports organization in the world that costs $1,000+ to watch on television annually? Use a comparison you like better. It really is simple math. I can watch 5,140 NFL games, NBA games, MLB games, NHL games for less money than I can watch 47 UFC events. Think about that. 5,000+ games in those sports would cost me about $600/year compared to 47 UFC cards at $1,000+/year!

Again, the fact of the matter isn't that the events are getting more expensive, I understand how inflation works. It's that they are getting weaker and weaker. Lets's compare an event I went to live back in the day to today's events. A time when Chris Lytle, Josh Thomson, and Yves Edwards were opening shows.

UFC 149: $45

Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort
Chuck Liddell vs Vernon White
Joe Riggs vs Doerksen
Nick Diaz vs Karo Parisyan
Dave Terrell vs Matt Lindland
Justin Eilers vs Mike Kyle
Chris Lytle vs Jhun
Josh Thomson vs Yves Edwards

UFC 173 and 174: $60

I'm not going to list both cards, but most have not even heard of over half the fighters these days. And before you say those UFC 49 guys weren't known then, Yves opened the show and it was his 8th UFC fight. It was Thomson's 3rd in a row and we knew a majority of the card. It was fun to go to. People were pumped for the entire show, not just the top 2-3 fights.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.