UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who else watches old events on FightPass in order?

25 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Corn Nuts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For me, this is the real value of Fight Pass. Unlike everybody else here, I have not been a fan since UFC 1. As a result, I've been watching every event in chronological order. Who else is doing this?

It's taken me months to go from 1993 to 2003 (UFC, PRIDE, etc.). I figure I'll end sometime in 2015 (I watch approx. 90 minutes most weeknights). Fight Pass is totally worth it for me.

The live events and prelims are just extras. Ironic since the live events were meant to be the selling points while the library is the extra. Once I'm done with the library, I wonder how much Fight Pass will be worth to me. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Rizzo, Couture, Igor, Frye, early Fedor...I see what the big deal was about those guys.

Still not impressed with criminally overrated BJ Penn.
25 days ago
chilz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OK...two fight pass threads within an hour. The UFC must be doing a test market study today. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
dragoon247

I been a fan since UFC 1 but I was just a kid back then and didnt see every single event and have forgotten most of the ones I did see. Plus no one was able to follow the sport during the dark ages.

I am going back and watching the first 75 UFC shows. Currently on UFC 33 and loving it. After that I will move on to the Pride library.

I plan on cancelling Fight Pass if the entire Pride Library is not uploaded by the time I get done watching all the UFC shows.
25 days ago
Malvert the Janitor
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was gonna buy fight pass but then I got to that last sentence and thought, man, can't trust a retard to review a sports package. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
Galanis
578 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would, but I pretty much watched all the UFCs and PRIDES in order when I first got into the sport. Would've been nice to have something like Fight Pass back then, when you had to scour the internet for tapes, DVDs and shitty quality rips.

25 days ago
Kingtony87
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I came into the sport around 05 in 09 I went back and watched ufc 1 to 100 it was in doing so that created my immense man love for bj penn. You're crazy op Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
HandyDarsh
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All these 14ers and their FIGHTPASS threads Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
zebers3
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll watch the old fights when I'm feeling nostalgic, but I mostly watch the most recent fights of dudes on upcoming cards so I can refresh my memory and help make my bets. 

25 days ago
DirtehSneakehs

I just break out the DVDs or visit a certain pirate port. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
SC MMA MD
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the middle of doing that now. I have quite a few of the older UFC's on VHS tape, but their quality sucks now and my VCR finally bit the dust a few years ago. I love watching the old UFC's and Pride events on FightPass Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
NORCAL707

I saw UFC 1 around 94 I think. I was a green belt in Judo at the time and competing regularly. I still remember watching Royce fight and being jealous as to me it was "like Judo, only better".

It took 10 years for BJJ to make its way near to me. I've been hooked ever since.

Fun memories. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
RKing85
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Fight Pass came along 6-7 years ago, I would for sure be doing that.

But no chance these days.
25 days ago
dubate
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old school Lawler fights are the shit. Love watching his fight against Tiki Ghosn. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
Corn Nuts

chilz - OK...two fight pass threads within an hour. The UFC must be doing a test market study today. Phone Post 3.0

I'm just reacting to those saying Fight Pass sucks. I imagine if one has already seen every event since 1993, paying $9.99 for one or two glorified King of the Cage live events a month would be a rip off. I get that. I imagine that once I see every single event, I'll feel the same way.

But if you haven't seen the majority of events put on by the UFC, PRIDE, etc., Fight Pass is the shit. I alternate between the UFC, PRIDE and the WEC depending on which chronologically follows the other.
25 days ago
Corn Nuts

dubate - Old school Lawler fights are the shit. Love watching his fight against Tiki Ghosn. Phone Post 3.0

Lawler/Riley was insane.
25 days ago
dubate

Corn Nuts -
dubate - Old school Lawler fights are the shit. Love watching his fight against Tiki Ghosn. Phone Post 3.0

Lawler/Riley was insane.
That's a top 10 all-time UFC fight. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
T1LT

lol you haven't even seen the best of BJ yet, just wait and see. Phone Post
25 days ago
ramaham

dragoon247 - I been a fan since UFC 1 but I was just a kid back then and didnt see every single event and have forgotten most of the ones I did see. Plus no one was able to follow the sport during the dark ages.

I am going back and watching the first 75 UFC shows. Currently on UFC 33 and loving it. After that I will move on to the Pride library.

I plan on cancelling Fight Pass if the entire Pride Library is not uploaded by the time I get done watching all the UFC shows.
Calling bullshit on loving ufc33... Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
dubate

ramaham -
dragoon247 - I been a fan since UFC 1 but I was just a kid back then and didnt see every single event and have forgotten most of the ones I did see. Plus no one was able to follow the sport during the dark ages.

Sooooooo many decisions that night. I think that it was the first UFC card (at least the first one that I can remember) that had nothing but decisions. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
ggddcc
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm up to about 24 or 26. Long way to go, love the old ones.
25 days ago
DirtehSneakehs

ramaham -

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
Cyboth

Corn Nuts -
chilz - OK...two fight pass threads within an hour. The UFC must be doing a test market study today. Phone Post 3.0

I'm just reacting to those saying Fight Pass sucks. I imagine if one has already seen every event since 1993, paying $9.99 for one or two glorified King of the Cage live events a month would be a rip off. I get that. I imagine that once I see every single event, I'll feel the same way.

But if you haven't seen the majority of events put on by the UFC, PRIDE, etc., Fight Pass is the shit. I alternate between the UFC, PRIDE and the WEC depending on which chronologically follows the other.
That's a really good way of doing it, I was watching one promotion at a time. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
chilz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingtony87 - I came into the sport around 05 in 09 I went back and watched ufc 1 to 100 it was in doing so that created my immense man love for bj penn. You're crazy op Phone Post 3.0
And there's not a damn thing wrong with that BJ Penn man love... Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
Corn Nuts

T1LT -  lol you haven't even seen the best of BJ yet, just wait and see. Phone Post

It's not like I never saw old events before Fight Pass. I use to watch old fights on "Internet Pass" which was free.

So, in other words, I've already seen many BJ fights. I just never saw what the big deal was about that guy. Decent fighter I suppose. Prime BJ would be middle of the pack today.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.