UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How far she's come, huh... (Rousey)

6/28/14 4:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Enemies
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 years ago she was fighting in Alberta at Hard Knocks Fighting Championship, School of Hard Knocks 12.

Now she's one of the most recognizable figures in the UFC.
6/28/14 4:49 AM
DirtehSneakehs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even from strike force. She was still pretty much a nobody there no offense to her just saying. Hopefully I get to see her get knocked off her pedestal someday. after discovering Rin Nakai and who she was I became a instant fan and I hope she makes it to the belt someday. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 4:51 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dana and the UFC hype machine can do that for a fighter in a paper thin division, imagine if they promoted their other champs and contender half as much. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/14 5:50 AM
Kepler
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - If Dana and the UFC hype machine can do that for a fighter in a paper thin division, imagine if they promoted their other champs and contender half as much. Phone Post 3.0

So much easier to market a pretty face to a male demographic of 18-34. Add to that she has been dominating people and mostly with the arm bars I really do not see which other champions apart from Jose/Jones who are as marketable. Also she got a medal in the Olympics.

Do not get me wrong I think the UFC is dumb as shit for constantly down talking their fighters and promoting the brand instead but I also think Rousey is probably the easiest to market.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.