UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How do you see Frankie-Penn III going down?

7/3/14 6:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stephen Holder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/03/14 6:56 PM
Even if BJ is past his prime and even though Frankie has beaten Penn twice don't act like there's zero chance that BJ wins on Sunday. That's absurd. Frankie arguably lost the first fight and barely won the 2nd. What now he's just obviously a lock to steamroll Baby J? I'm not saying he's gonna lose for sure but I can guarantee you if Edgar gets his hand raised it won't be cuz he overwhelmed or outclassed BJ. Get real.
7/3/14 6:59 PM
RyannVonDoom

Frankie by boring as fuck point fighting. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 7:01 PM
FEDORallDAY
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see BJ finishing him Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 7:03 PM
SlipSlap

Praying that BJ takes this fight. How can you NOT want BJ to pick up this W and avoid losing to Frankie a 3rd time... Nothing against Frankie, love the man (full homo) but I want BJ to win so baldy I can taste it. MMMmmmmm, yea, tassste it. Wait, WHAT?! Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 7:09 PM
Kingtony87
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It - BJ closing distance, and using his grapping like the Fitch fight. Dragging Frankie to the canvas, and beating him into submission, or choking him unconscious.
Please God let this happen Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 7:17 PM
Silverball
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their first fight is available for free of the UFC website if anyone here hasn't seen it since 2010. I had to turn it off after two rounds, both of which BJ clearly won (not even debatable), it was just too frustrating to watch knowing what went down with the judging.

That said, if BJ is in the shape he was for that first fight, and if he hasn't dropped off physically the way many here have predicted, then I could see him winning a decision, and or finishing Frankie if he can catch him the way Gray Maynard did early in their fights. BJ landed some solid shots on Frankie in their first fight, something that was overlooked at the time but is very noticeable when re-watching the fight.

Frankie could win by doing exactly what he does in every fight, which is using speed and constant movement to wear down his opponents with the hope of taking the final three rounds on the judges' scorecards. It's a gamble that hasn't paid off for Frankie of late, at least not in championship fights, although, like BJ, the state of judging has played a huge part in the current trajectory of Frankie's career.

7/3/14 7:32 PM
3rdAveE
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingtony87 -
I Wild Each It - BJ closing distance, and using his grapping like the Fitch fight. Dragging Frankie to the canvas, and beating him into submission, or choking him unconscious.
I'm going to pray.

I have never prayed before. I will pray.

BJ... I still believe.

I am praying. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 7:42 PM
Ministry of Truth

Penn via KO.
7/3/14 7:44 PM
Teamquestnorths step daddy

We gon see Bj licking blud off dem glovez son Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 8:44 PM
HyPanda

Kingtony87 -
This Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 8:45 PM
hellride
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think if Penn comes out flat, he will lose. He has to be on fire from the get to.
7/3/14 8:48 PM
RJJH
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seeing as BJ is top 3 of my favorite fighters ever, I hope he wins in devestating fashion.

chances are Frankie will decision him.

7/3/14 8:48 PM
hercules_mma_kosark
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sherlock1988 -
Ray Cappa -
Theflesh22 - BJ will finish Phone Post 3.0
I think you meant to say 'BJ is finished.' Phone Post 3.0
I will finish in your mouth "ray" Phone Post 3.0
Omg I had to stop from bursting up laughing at work lmao Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 8:49 PM
RJJH
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It - BJ closing distance, and using his grapping like the Fitch fight. Dragging Frankie to the canvas, and beating him into submission, or choking him unconscious.

yup. 100% this!

7/3/14 10:08 PM
Harold_Howard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know. But I sure as hell hope BJ dominates, I can dream. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 10:10 PM
Stephen Holder

RJJH - 
I Wild Each It - BJ closing distance, and using his grapping like the Fitch fight. Dragging Frankie to the canvas, and beating him into submission, or choking him unconscious.

yup. 100% this!

Def. The sexiest post I've read in a while
7/3/14 10:15 PM
MdGeist

I think Edgar will get the finish late in the fight.

Making 145 is gonna take a toll on BJ. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 10:17 PM
I Wild Each It
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist - I think Edgar will get the finish late in the fight.

BJ was at 160 pounds when they made the fight 8 months ago. He's slowly dropped down to the 148 pounds that he weighed today. Making 145 is hardly going to take a toll.
7/3/14 10:18 PM
JROTT
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder -
RJJH - 

yup. 100% this!

Def. The sexiest post I've read in a while
The last time I almost cried a little was the Big Nog ko of Schaub in Brazil.. I was with all my hardcore mma buddies, it was summer I believe, I had a few beers in me, and it just worked out awesome.

If BJ wins and licks the gloves I will cry like a baby for about 45 min! I've never wished to cry, but here goes... Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 10:28 PM
Dusty Suspect
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Call me crazy but I got a feeling BJ will rock Edgar then finish him with a sub.. Hope I'm right love both guys but want nothin more then to see BJ with another win! Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 11:17 PM
MdGeist

I Wild Each It -

BJ was at 160 pounds when they made the fight 8 months ago. He's slowly dropped down to the 148 pounds that he weighed today. Making 145 is hardly going to take a toll.
SN bet homie

Put your SN where your keyboard is Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 11:21 PM
liukangstoupee
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist -
I Wild Each It -

SN bet homie

I'll sn bet the weigh-in becausebj has never missed a weight cut.

As for the fight, I can't pick bj as much as I like him as a fighter. I don't think bj has a 5 round gas tank anymore. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/14 11:23 PM
I Wild Each It
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist - 
I Wild Each It -

SN bet homie

1 year SN bet that BJ easily makes weight. You're on.
7/3/14 11:27 PM
Ministry of Truth

LOL
7/3/14 11:30 PM
Rob San Soo

Is it 5rds? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.