UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ looks skinny (NEW)

7/5/14 12:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ranier wolfcastle
1206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont think bj ever had a hard time making weight

7/5/14 12:25 PM
RollHighAllDay
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War BJ!!!! One of my favorite fighters. I get heart palpitations when this guy fights. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 12:40 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PanRoastedJinx -

faps

wait what?  I mean BJ looks thick solid tight.  I'm not helping myself here.

I support this statement Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 1:33 PM
Kneeblock
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love for BJ to win, but I don't think he will. The timing isn't there anymore. The cut may give him the speed to match Frankie, but once the timing goes, it doesn't come back. If he was facing a lesser fighter, I'd think he could pull it out, but Frankie is just too good. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 1:45 PM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ will win. All the posts in the world won't stop him.
7/5/14 6:19 PM
rkm456
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hey let's take 2 fan favorites and make them fight" There are no winners when these things happen...
7/5/14 6:37 PM
boxing wiz
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hellride - 
boxing wiz - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
boxing wiz - I keep hearing people say how good he looks. He looks horrible to me. He looks old and almost frail, similar too but not as old as Mark Coleman. He looks like an older man, not even remotely close to a world class athlete.
Bj has never looked like a world class athlete. He looks in better shape now than he every has. He doesn't look frail. He only looks odd because you're not used to seeing him look like this. If you had never seen him before, then looked at this picture of him, you wouldn't think anything of it. Phone Post 3.0

No he never looked ripped or too athletic. Even chubby,you could tell he had some natural strength(the flexibility was shocking). I guess we'll find out sunday, but in my worthless opinion he looks totally spent. I like BJ and hope I'm wrong.

Spent like how?

He has been in the low 150's for quite some time, this isn't a product of some radical weight cut.

What I meant by spent, he doesn't look like he retained all of his muscle and just cut fat and dehydrated the rest of the way to 145. He looks like he sacraficed muscled and fat. He is definatley healthy, but he doesn't seem as strong. I like BJ, and am not trying to bash him. The guy is one of MMA's all time greatest. Its just how I feel seeing him. I got voted down 3X for saying I was worried about him. Man, I hope I'm wrong and he comes out and lights Frankie up. I'm just not too confident.
7/5/14 6:50 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boxing wiz -
hellride - 
boxing wiz - 
boxing wiz - I keep hearing people say how good he looks. He looks horrible to me. He looks old and almost frail, similar too but not as old as Mark Coleman. He looks like an older man, not even remotely close to a world class athlete.
Bj has never looked like a world class athlete. He looks in better shape now than he every has. He doesn't look frail. He only looks odd because you're not used to seeing him look like this. If you had never seen him before, then looked at this picture of him, you wouldn't think anything of it. Phone Post 3.0

No he never looked ripped or too athletic. Even chubby,you could tell he had some natural strength(the flexibility was shocking). I guess we'll find out sunday, but in my worthless opinion he looks totally spent. I like BJ and hope I'm wrong.

Spent like how?

He has been in the low 150's for quite some time, this isn't a product of some radical weight cut.

What I meant by spent, he doesn't look like he retained all of his muscle and just cut fat and dehydrated the rest of the way to 145. He looks like he sacraficed muscled and fat. He is definatley healthy, but he doesn't seem as strong. I like BJ, and am not trying to bash him. The guy is one of MMA's all time greatest. Its just how I feel seeing him. I got voted down 3X for saying I was worried about him. Man, I hope I'm wrong and he comes out and lights Frankie up. I'm just not too confident.
Voted up.

Just because it's the right thing to do... Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 6:56 PM
klabo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - Phone Post 3.0
That's Randy Couture Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 8:20 PM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who doesn't love a motivated BJ?
7/5/14 9:12 PM
boxing wiz
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - 
boxing wiz -
hellride - 
boxing wiz - 

Spent like how?

Voted up.

Just because it's the right thing to do... Phone Post 3.0

Well thank you for the VU. I like both BJ and Frankie. BJ being the much older guy, and mma pioneer, legend, I am rooting for him. I hope he looks rejuvinated and he can contend at 145. I really would love to be wrong here.
7/5/14 9:23 PM
Vikingknee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
How long have you been watching mma? He used to have way more muscle and be just as lean. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 9:41 PM
pennviachoke
1231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor -
Eunuchorn - if BJ becomes FW champ is he GOAT?
Without question.

Right? Phone Post 3.0
Right Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 1:33 AM
boxing wiz

Vikingknee - 
How long have you been watching mma? He used to have way more muscle and be just as lean. Phone Post 3.0

I watched UFC 2 live on TV. That was my first at seeing mma. I have watched every UFC and Strikeforce event, whether it be live or after the fact. I've seen 99% of Pride fights, and been to plenty of smaller productions in person like WEC, IFC, Tachi fights, Global Knockouts, etc. I am more knowledgable in boxing than mma, but I know mma pretty well. I didn't start watching with TUF.
7/6/14 1:59 AM
Vikingknee

boxing wiz -
Vikingknee - 

I watched UFC 2 live on TV. That was my first at seeing mma. I have watched every UFC and Strikeforce event, whether it be live or after the fact. I've seen 99% of Pride fights, and been to plenty of smaller productions in person like WEC, IFC, Tachi fights, Global Knockouts, etc. I am more knowledgable in boxing than mma, but I know mma pretty well. I didn't start watching with TUF.
Then you would know the old bj at 155 was in much better shape. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:18 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Vikingknee -
Well lets see, I've been just here 6 years longer than you. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 8:36 AM
StevetheWeasel
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vikingknee - 
boxing wiz -
Vikingknee - 

Then you would know the old bj at 155 was in much better shape. Phone Post 3.0

how "in shape" is hard to judge from a picture. Since that doesn't tell us everything about his cardio and so on.

But this is definitely the best build he's ever had for fighting.

Even at his best at 155, he was carrying more than ideal mass for his frame. This is pretty much what a fighter with his frame ought to ideally look like, and seems much more like his optimal weight class.

So unless his cardio has been neglected, or something, this may well be the best shape he's ever been in.
7/6/14 12:36 PM
pennviachoke
1231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 12:59 PM
colubrid1

lilmanster - I was hoping bj would have put on some muscle and just dropped the fat but he just kind if looks like he lost fat and muscle. Damn it he's going to get ragdolled. Phone Post 3.0

That is exactly what it looks like. He lost muscle because he was not doing much strength training.

We will see if this works out for him. Maybe his problem all along was he had too much muscle and gassed in the later rounds because of this.

We will see. We will see!
7/6/14 6:11 PM
boxing wiz

I think part of his stamina issues is he always comes in so pumped up it burns some of his energy. He also goes balls out and tries to finish guys. I think if he could relax, be focused but not as tense he would have better stamina.
7/6/14 6:22 PM
rkm456

FTUGTT_Mix6APlix - 
Eunuchorn - if BJ becomes FW champ is he GOAT?
Is he not already?! Phone Post 3.0

This.

To me definitive,singular GOAT will always be very subjective, but I don't see how someone doesn't have him in that circle of 4-5 legends.
7/6/14 6:32 PM
Black Belt Wrestling

Edgar is going to make BJ look absolutely old & weak.

You really have to be a MAJOR fanboy to convince yourself that BJ looks good and is going to be able to compete.
7/6/14 6:37 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt Wrestling - Edgar is going to make BJ look absolutely old & weak.

You really have to be a MAJOR fanboy to convince yourself that BJ looks good and is going to be able to compete.
Bump to rub it in, friend. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 6:40 PM
I Wild Each It
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt Wrestling - Edgar is going to make BJ look absolutely old & weak.

Or you just need to be a miserable hater to think this way.
7/6/14 11:42 PM
Black Belt Wrestling

LOL

BJ has 10 losses and I swear he mentally quit after round 1 in like 8 of those losses.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.