UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida vs. Weidman

7/6/14 1:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Last Emperor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AplusBequalsD - 
Fabefromfort - My prediction was spot on. I said Weidman decision, but that Weidman could catch him in 4 or 5 because Machida would be in desperation mode due to being outpointed, probably the difference being a takedown or 2, at that point. Now that they've met, a rematch would see Weidman winning by a wider margin, possibly stoppage. This was one of few fights I have been waiting for. In the last 3 years I've seen both Silva-Weidmans, and Jones-Belfort...b..barely. Knew what was going to happen. Won't see much more I believe. Nothing headlined by Rousey to be sure. Rowdy effectively shut down the 135 pound division. Cyborg anybody ? Not interested in Weidman clocking a clean, and withered Belfort, which is what it would be. You gotta think the stars are aligned for Weidman. So much circumstance precipitated the Silva showdown. He decimated the GOAT 2 straight times. Now added another hall of famer, an equal of the Great Anderson Silva to boot. C'mon folks he has shitkicked 2 of the greatest legendary icons of Brazilian and world MMA practitioners in his last three fights.

Wow bro you're so awesome. You should be like the new Dana White or even joe rogan. How did u predict all that cool stuff? Hey, do u think you could teach me how to learn MMA like you?

Butthurt Machida and/or Silva fan ^

7/6/14 8:32 PM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boneskodaiceman - So the best Weidman could do was pull of a decision over Machida? Gee that's great. Yawn.

Machida was thinner and obviously weaker, and stayed in his pocket all night.

Well hopefully he could put up a better performance against Vitor. Doubtful.
Wow you are so insightful. What other rare knowledge can you share? Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 9:05 PM
Fabefromfort
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please read my predictions here on this thread. Tell me what you think. I think the accuracy is uncanny. Anyway, I stated on the UG that Weidman has just dismantled the two greatest strikers in the history of the game in his last three fights, and, it was not even close. There isn't much out there for him, so they're talkin about retreading a known, lifetime drug cheat in Vitor Belfort for him. Well, obviously the bottom line is they will risk Weidman's health in return, he gets to fight someone who is known to jack steroids and who knows whatelse ? The underlying circumstance is Belfort will sell tickets. The overlying paradigm is nothing matters so long as tickets get sold somewhere, somehow.
7/7/14 10:32 AM
SJax
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Fella - 

Chris Weidman   

Vs.

Lyoto Machida

So it's settled, imbibing alcohol > imbibing piss...
7/7/14 12:42 PM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SJax -
The Fella - 

Chris Weidman   

Vs.

Lyoto Machida

So it's settled, imbibing alcohol > imbibing piss...
Lol Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 3:35 PM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perfer Et Obdura - 
lockon - 
Perfer Et Obdura - 
Libero21 - 
Perfer Et Obdura - Lame takedown at the end of the round.
What is a lame takedown? Phone Post 3.0

I thought he planned on laying there to ride it out to the end.

I was wrong thankfully because Machinda got up

Are you talking about the takedown which led to him almost mounting Machida, only to proceed to take his back momentarily?

If so, you're a retard.

Yes, that takedown you dick

Because history has shown that wrestlers like to take down their opponents at the end of rounds to ride out the clock.

That didn't happen and I'm thankful that it didn't.

Show a little faith, this is the same guy who gave up dominant positioning in his first fight with AS to go for a hail-mary knee bar attempt. And you said you were wrong because Machida got up, that's not fair at all and implies all Chris wanted to do was LnP, but was thwarted by Machida... BS

Weidman was being active with the TD immediately, and clearly wasn't trying to ride out an uneventful closed guard hug fest. Both fighters fought great and Weidman proved the better man imo

7/7/14 3:35 PM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
boneskodaiceman - So the best Weidman could do was pull of a decision over Machida? Gee that's great. Yawn.

Machida was thinner and obviously weaker, and stayed in his pocket all night.

Well hopefully he could put up a better performance against Vitor. Doubtful.
Wow you are so insightful. What other rare knowledge can you share? Phone Post 3.0

Machida was too thin and weak for LH and apparently now, because he lost to the current champ and an incredibly young phenom in Weidman, he's also too weak and thin for MW.

Get ready Hendricks, Machida is coming to 170

7/7/14 7:58 PM
Maksemous

I would love to see Weidman vs. Bones. Neither one of them is well liked by the fans I think most fans will be happy if they beat each other senseless.

I think Weidman matches up well with Bones, he's going to keep coming forward, even when bones sticks a finger in his eye Weidman will change levels and take him down. Or Jones could keep him outside and turn him into a punching bag, pepper him with goofy kicks all night. Both men are good at elbows. Chris has more power Jones has more reach I would love to see this fight ASAP.
7/7/14 8:22 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Maksemous - I would love to see Weidman vs. Bones. Neither one of them is well liked by the fans I think most fans will be happy if they beat each other senseless.

I think Weidman matches up well with Bones, he's going to keep coming forward, even when bones sticks a finger in his eye Weidman will change levels and take him down. Or Jones could keep him outside and turn him into a punching bag, pepper him with goofy kicks all night. Both men are good at elbows. Chris has more power Jones has more reach I would love to see this fight ASAP.

i agree but we should weight till weidman clears out MW first and it won't be long. 3/4 more fights. Plus he might be forced up to hw later in his career if he starts having problems with the cut. He is already freaking huge for MW

7/7/14 10:05 PM
Maksemous

Bisping decisioned my SN - 
Maksemous - I would love to see Weidman vs. Bones. Neither one of them is well liked by the fans I think most fans will be happy if they beat each other senseless.

i agree but we should weight till weidman clears out MW first and it won't be long. 3/4 more fights. Plus he might be forced up to hw later in his career if he starts having problems with the cut. He is already freaking huge for MW

I'm a big fan of 70's boxing, before the days of PEDs and wrestlers who cut 30 pounds in a day. If Chris Weidman didn't cut weight and just trained and ate regularly how much would he weigh? I guarantee Chris' weight would differ that much from Cain's. They're both basically the same height/frame. The only difference is that Cain has a bigger head/hands and probably has some tree trunk legs. I'd say Weidman could be a lean 225-230. Not that far off from Cain.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.