UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Weidman defeats vitor and Jacare-Goat(mw)

7/6/14 3:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brasco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defeating Silva TWICE...now Machida and we all know he will beat up post TRT Vitor then defeats Jacare..... That's a lot more impressive that Patrick Cote, Nate Marquette, and rich Franklin. ...... Guy on another level !!!!!! Realize and Respect !!
7/6/14 3:14 AM
thebasher

No Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:17 AM
Captain_Underpants

I gotta agree OP. Taking nothing away from Anderson, the guys he fought were the top competition at the time but nowhere near as good as Weidman's potential defenses now. He beat a very game Machida and took his best shots and asked him for more. I'm looking forward to his next defense, although I'm sure the Anderson haters will find someway to negatively view any wins he gets due to him KOing Silva Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:17 AM
Seats Taken
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if that's enough to be GOAT, but that is a crazy Brazilian gauntlet. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:19 AM
TexDeuce
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:21 AM
Brasco

Deal with haters !!! You all wanna deny Weidman his due after beating silva Twice ..... He gets thru that gauntlet and he is the GOAT !!! Sorry
7/6/14 3:30 AM
Libero21
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Weidman! Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:32 AM
Brasco

Thank you very much chuteboxyouup"....truly appreciate that.

James Brasco
7/6/14 3:32 AM
Captain_Underpants

I became a fan of Chris when he stepped up on short notice against Maia and have been watching his fights since then. I know I haven't been a long time fan of his, but I believe he is going to make a great champion and is going to keep MW exciting Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:40 AM
Bullwinkle
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think his biggest threat now is Rockhold.
7/6/14 3:53 AM
tanner904

lol yea ok... Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 3:56 AM
Brasco

Chuteboxyouup. Interesting story... In June 2009 I competed in adcc North American trials and got to the finals against some ex d-1 monster purple belt. I paid no attention, did not know his name. Needless to say it wa Weidman. I was the bigger name and nobody knew about him but his own gym. He beat me pretty good. Worse defeat I ever had and I could tell he was on another level...it gets better.. I was 5-1 mma with one cut loss at time and a top prospect. We sat at the medal podium and talked about Anderson Silva !!!! And how his goal was to defeat him and he really thought he could.... I believed it as well. If I did, a younger and taller all American sure did. This was was near time Travis lutter took silva down and nearly beat him so that was the blueprint as Chael sonnen showed. He actually put thè video of out grappling match on his website which was a compliment to me showing he beat a " highly regarded" guy. That's how I knew he was " that good" !!!
7/6/14 3:59 AM
ShanTheMan
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not unless he beats Thales Leites....

jk but neat story
7/6/14 3:59 AM
cfv
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't call him the gOat, but at that point his competition would be harder easily. Crazy how fast divisions can change in a matter of a couple years Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 4:06 AM
bayboy925

Are you really calling the 2nd fight with Anderson a win? Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 4:07 AM
latinthunder
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris vs Sakuraba (prime)?
7/6/14 4:10 AM
John M
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just go away

7/6/14 4:11 AM
The Pendulum

Only if it's on concrete. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 4:13 AM
caseharts
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bayboy925 - Are you really calling the 2nd fight with Anderson a win? Phone Post 3.0
Agreed but vitor won't pass a test. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 4:24 AM
FreightTrain

Actually, Silva is the GOAT.

Silva went undefeated for almost 7 years defending the title 14 times maintaining a 16 fight win streak.

Lets at-least wait a couple of years to see if Weidman can come close to the legend.
7/6/14 4:27 AM
Brasco

Quality vs quaninty

How many former UFC champs did silva beat ? Cause weidman has beaten two already .... I think they are even now
7/6/14 4:32 AM
DoomFarmer
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I completely agree Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 4:36 AM
Captain_Underpants

Humboldt - That's a big IF!

Machida exposed weed man tonight. He will never have a legacy that comes close to Silva's.

Vitor and machida can and eventually (one or both) will beat him.

Plus... The dude is a tool. He is not, nor will he ever be the peoples champ. Phone Post 3.0
I'm fine with him being the champ. I think the only people he is a tool to and don't consider him the champ is you and the rest of the Anderson fans Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 4:55 AM
Humboldt
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Captain_Underpants -
Humboldt - That's a big IF!

Machida exposed weed man tonight. He will never have a legacy that comes close to Silva's.

Vitor and machida can and eventually (one or both) will beat him.

Plus... The dude is a tool. He is not, nor will he ever be the peoples champ. Phone Post 3.0
I'm fine with him being the champ. I think the only people he is a tool to and don't consider him the champ is you and the rest of the Anderson fans Phone Post 3.0
Andy was the man. It's not a bad thing to be a fan of his kid.

But, you are post TUF era, aren't you? Probably not too keen on Kerr, or Newton, or Sudo... You probably don't even know who Joe Hurley is do you? Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 4:58 AM
FreightTrain

Edited: 07/06/14 5:00 AM
ChuteBoxYouUp - 
FreightTrain - Actually, Silva is the GOAT.

Silva went undefeated for almost 7 years defending the title 14 times maintaining a 16 fight win streak.

Lets at-least wait a couple of years to see if Weidman can come close to the legend.

Silva reigned supreme of the MW division when it was the WEAKEST division in MMA history

Anderson's first official title defense was against Marquardt LMAO

Chris's has already defended against Anderson AND MACHIDA

NO comparison

Quality>>>quantity

Id be ok with people arguing that Chris has already been more impressive, or that he has started out his run FAR SUPERIOR to Andersons'

IF Chris beats Vitor, Mousasi and Jacara, which IS LIKELY THAN Chris will have already had a far superior run as MW champ...and it wont even be close

Silva didnt pick and choose his opponents, he fought whomever they put in front of him and defended his title for almost 7 years against 14 opponents, even fighting a 205lb Irvin. 

Just not sure how winning a decision over a 36yo Machida is quality.

Theres no way to be sure, but I feel comfortable in saying that Silva would probably have finished Machida in a much more decisive fashion.

Once Weidman goes undefeated for 5 years and defends say, 10 times, I'd feel comfortbale in saying that hes getting close to the GOAT.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.