UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Weidman defeats vitor and Jacare-Goat(mw)

7/6/14 11:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Osmanl?
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@brasco....
Griffin+vitor+franklin=3 :) Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 11:26 AM
Osmanl?

Well some1 alrdy postet this before i reached his post nvm:-) Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 11:29 AM
orcus

graciesrule - Vitor & Rockhold will lose but Jacare will submit him.

He couldn't submit Kennedy, or Villasenor, or Mayhem, or Carmont...why would you think he'd submit Weidman?
7/6/14 11:36 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

bayboy925 - Are you really calling the 2nd fight with Anderson a win? Phone Post 3.0
Yea breaking someone's leg from a checked kick isn't a freak injury like slipping. It happened because of Weidman.

If someone doesn't dodge a punch and gets knocked out we don't say the KO wasn't legit because he usually ducks...

Checked kicks are meant to hurt your opponent unfortunately it snapped Silvas leg Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 12:38 PM
tenchu
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP is correct.
7/6/14 12:46 PM
Toquinho
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman > Anderson > Machida > Vitor > Jacare Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 12:50 PM
colubrid1

what will some of you say when Silva comes back and beats Chris DECISIVELY?

What does that mean for Silva?
7/6/14 12:55 PM
Kinkle

Don Silvio -
Kinkle - "Just not sure how winning a decision over a 36yo Machida is quality."

And what is Anderson's biggest win???? A 37yo Dan Henderson????

Did you just start watching MMA last year?

RICH FRANKLIN was a fairly dominant champion before Anderson was brought in; he was destroyed; it wasn't even relatively close!

Afterward, Henderson knocked Bisping out so bad, I don't think he's ever been the same; went on to become the Strikeforce LHW champ; beat Fedor...the guy is STILL ranked high

He took all comers; moved up and made the former LHW champ look like he had chosen the wrong career; Maia was on a tear at that time...Silva was bored; Vitor/Sonnen on super cocktails...both beat. Exactly who was it you think was so great that he was trying to avoid? Liddell wanted the fight, but was told he was insane for even asking. TBH, at the time, Silva could have been LHW champ as well (Shogun was asked about the potential, and was quoted as saying it would be the greatest test he would ever take), but he and Machida had agreed to do separate divisions.

Silva is one of the reasons there is such better competition now. Your favorite fighter a couple years from now? Silva was probably who HE was inspired by.

You make it sound like everything exists in a vacuum; like no one from the past had anything to do with shaping the outcome of what is emerging today. It's not only false, it's stupid.
Are you a crazy person? You got all that from my comment???

Henderson was Silva's best win period. Now tools are calling Machida old?? Hey Hendo was older. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 12:55 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

graciesrule - Vitor & Rockhold will lose but Jacare will submit him.
Jacare is a poor mans Weidman who will get put to sleep Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 12:57 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually think Jacare has the perfect style to beat Weidman...fast, great ground game and ever improving striking.
7/6/14 12:58 PM
UGCTT_Nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don Silvio -
Kinkle - "Just not sure how winning a decision over a 36yo Machida is quality."

And what is Anderson's biggest win???? A 37yo Dan Henderson????

Did you just start watching MMA last year?

RICH FRANKLIN was a fairly dominant champion before Anderson was brought in; he was destroyed; it wasn't even relatively close!

Afterward, Henderson knocked Bisping out so bad, I don't think he's ever been the same; went on to become the Strikeforce LHW champ; beat Fedor...the guy is STILL ranked high

He took all comers; moved up and made the former LHW champ look like he had chosen the wrong career; Maia was on a tear at that time...Silva was bored; Vitor/Sonnen on super cocktails...both beat. Exactly who was it you think was so great that he was trying to avoid? Liddell wanted the fight, but was told he was insane for even asking. TBH, at the time, Silva could have been LHW champ as well (Shogun was asked about the potential, and was quoted as saying it would be the greatest test he would ever take), but he and Machida had agreed to do separate divisions.

Silva is one of the reasons there is such better competition now. Your favorite fighter a couple years from now? Silva was probably who HE was inspired by.

You make it sound like everything exists in a vacuum; like no one from the past had anything to do with shaping the outcome of what is emerging today. It's not only false, it's stupid.
Good post. Didn't Rashad also turn down a Silva fight? Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 1:02 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not quite but up there in terms of one of the best quality streaks. Ive been saying this for a while too, that if he gets thru Machida, thats a great 3 fight streak there but that he would more likely than not get thru the rest since those 2 would be his toughest. I think he dominated Jacare. I think he dominates Vitor if Vitor doesnt score the early flurry.
7/6/14 1:03 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, watch out for Thiaguy as ChuteBoxYouUp. Funny how given how big Weidman is for MW, he has no issues with is OBSESSED with Jones' size at LHW.
7/6/14 1:04 PM
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he's great. I would have loved to see him fight Anderson in 08-09. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 1:05 PM
Wasa-B

orcus - 
graciesrule - Vitor & Rockhold will lose but Jacare will submit him.

He couldn't submit Kennedy, or Villasenor, or Mayhem, or Carmont...why would you think he'd submit Weidman?

This. As soon as Jacare failed to tap Carmont, it should have been clear that Weidman would be a big fav over him and even more after last night. Not discounting that Galvao could not submit Weidman in ADCC when Weidman was still a noob.
7/6/14 1:09 PM
ASchlinky

Brasco - Quality vs quaninty

How many former UFC champs did silva beat ? Cause weidman has beaten two already .... I think they are even now
You want to know why there weren't that many former champs he beat? He was champion for so damn long, and Franklin before him, that there weren't really any other MW champs around. And, as others have pointed out, he beat Franklin and Griffin, both former champs.

Chris is great, and I will admit his competition so far has probably been tougher than Anderson's, but he's going to need to clear the division and hold onto the belt for a while before GOAT talks come up, which, given his performances against Anderson and Machida, seems like something he could easily do. Phone Post
7/6/14 1:10 PM
moss_4h
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

charms434 - I think he's great. I would have loved to see him fight Anderson in 08-09. Phone Post 3.0

anderson's tdd was worse back then
7/6/14 1:17 PM
AMERICANTstopbeingaRORYfanforlife
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i need concrete information on who the goat is to cement it in my mind. 

7/6/14 1:29 PM
HAWKZILLA
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 odd wins over silva don't impress as much as hard fought wins over machida Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 2:26 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

bayboy925 - Are you really calling the 2nd fight with Anderson a win? Phone Post 3.0

The first round of that fight was as 1 sided as 1 sided can get. It reminded me of GSP/Mayhem.
7/6/14 2:38 PM
phillyslice99

We're already talking goat status here, let him defend it for atleast 5 more years then we can talk

Btw jones is the goat as of right now Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 2:43 PM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brasco - Chuteboxyouup. Interesting story... In June 2009 I competed in adcc North American trials and got to the finals against some ex d-1 monster purple belt. I paid no attention, did not know his name. Needless to say it wa Weidman. I was the bigger name and nobody knew about him but his own gym. He beat me pretty good. Worse defeat I ever had and I could tell he was on another level...it gets better.. I was 5-1 mma with one cut loss at time and a top prospect. We sat at the medal podium and talked about Anderson Silva !!!! And how his goal was to defeat him and he really thought he could.... I believed it as well. If I did, a younger and taller all American sure did. This was was near time Travis lutter took silva down and nearly beat him so that was the blueprint as Chael sonnen showed. He actually put thè video of out grappling match on his website which was a compliment to me showing he beat a " highly regarded" guy. That's how I knew he was " that good" !!!
Anderson Silva did things in fights that no one else does. He would foolishly dominate many of his opponents using techniques and body movements/fight styles that no one else were using or able to pull off.

When Anderson Silva fought, he would raise the bar in how striking, body movements, and defensive movements were used in MMA.

Let's see Weidman lean up against the fence and just let his opponents throw punches at his face while his arms are down at his side.... Phone Post 3.0
7/6/14 2:44 PM
Phisher

Edited: 07/06/14 2:44 PM
MMA Promoter1 - 
ChuteBoxYouUp - "ALL divisions are significantly better now than they were five, ten years ago"

IMO The LHW division five years ago was better then it is now (certainly was more stacked with prime opponents back then)

The MW division was so weak when Anderson was champ that the division had no where to go but up

Its like, of course it got better. It was shit before

The MW Division was perceived weak because Anderson had cleared it out. The same fighters that were at MW during Anderson's reign are still in the same MW division you're now calling strong. What is it?

Weidman, Machida, Jacare, Mousasi, Rockhold and Romero were not in the division during Anderson's run, and they're much better than the guys that he beat.

7/6/14 2:50 PM
civ77
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Putting this out there right now; if the Chris beats Vitor and Jacare, he is the GOAT MW. MMA is a lot harder now than it was when Anderson was on top.
7/6/14 2:55 PM
Kinkle

Lol... The MW division was nonexistent when Silva came into the UFC, it was Rich and that's it (who was the 2nd best guy? David Loiseau?) the division did get better throughout Anderson's reign though.

That said Silva has never faced as tough a string of fights as Weidman has had in his last 3 (and his next couple if he keeps winning). Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.