UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> School me on Ronda's 5 best challengers

7/7/14 12:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Theflesh22
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blueberrycoconutmilk - Zingano

Pena

Bethe Correia wants to defeat all the "horsewomen" (even though shafir is not in the ufc and in another weight class) and she called Honda out after 175.

Cyborg

Holm
Cyborg
Cyborg
Cyborg
Cyborg
Cyborg Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 12:20 PM
Theflesh22
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Accidentally quoted. God damn app Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 12:23 PM
Wildcard
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC may need to recruit and provide impetus for top female athletes to continue to movie into MMA, people like Kaori Icho, though at 30, it would be late for her to just start. Still, it would be interesting to see what a female wrestler with her skill/creativity could do.
7/7/14 12:29 PM
BRZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -
Oontyex - Has Marloes coennen made 135 before she could maybe give Ronda a good fight Phone Post 3.0

She was the first Strikeforce 135 pound champ. Then she lost it to Tate and Tate lost it to Rousey.
I thought Sarah Kaufman was the first SF 135 champ and Marloes beat her for the belt. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 12:33 PM
NFABeeJay
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - Cyborg fight needs to happen now. Another year and Rhonda will be too much for her but I would not put it past Cyborg to destroy her if they did fight. Zingano will be just a formality! Phone Post 3.0
So in a years time Ronda would go from getting smashed by Cyborg to whipping Cyborgs ass?

Come on now. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 1:01 PM
thatdude21601
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miriam Nakamoto - Big & sturdy. Good at distance/footwork, strong in the clinch, and has a really high finishing rate compared to other women. Out injured though; may or may not be able to pick up where she left off.

Pannie Kianzad - Big & sturdy. Another fighter that seems to be strong in the clinch. Good passing, ground and pound. Is a 145'er, but is apparently aiming for 135.

Holly Holm - Big & sturdy. Seems to be good in the clinch against 125 lb fighters? Athletic and good footwork might be the thing that gives Ronda trouble.

Luke Thomas seems to think Michelle Nicolini's grappling would outclass Rondas'; which may be true, but she's a 115'er with no clinch game or striking.

Zingano seems good in the clinch, but is coming up from 125. Think Ronda's size will be too much.

Cyborg is strong, and could certainly disrupt Ronda's attack if she landed good strikes, but I think her aggressive style will end up getting her thrown quickly.

You need a bigger version of Jojo, or Jojo on whatever Cyborg got popped for + epo.

7/7/14 1:26 PM
MMAnima
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - Zingano, Cyborg, Nunes, Holms (in theory), uhh... Marloes Coenen maybe. Phone Post 3.0

yup
7/7/14 1:30 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one beats her or even challenges her right now. I want to see Jessica Eye get a shot soon, though. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 1:51 PM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thatdude21601 - Miriam Nakamoto - Big & sturdy. Good at distance/footwork, strong in the clinch, and has a really high finishing rate compared to other women. Out injured though; may or may not be able to pick up where she left off.

Pannie Kianzad - Big & sturdy. Another fighter that seems to be strong in the clinch. Good passing, ground and pound. Is a 145'er, but is apparently aiming for 135.

Holly Holm - Big & sturdy. Seems to be good in the clinch against 125 lb fighters? Athletic and good footwork might be the thing that gives Ronda trouble.

Luke Thomas seems to think Michelle Nicolini's grappling would outclass Rondas'; which may be true, but she's a 115'er with no clinch game or striking.

Zingano seems good in the clinch, but is coming up from 125. Think Ronda's size will be too much.

Cyborg is strong, and could certainly disrupt Ronda's attack if she landed good strikes, but I think her aggressive style will end up getting her thrown quickly.

You need a bigger version of Jojo, or Jojo on whatever Cyborg got popped for + epo.

Everything else aside here, Zingano was huge at 125 (like so big that the ADCC wasn't comfortable with an unknown like her competing in the 130 class; the ADCC can be political like that) and is more huge now. Her size is not an issue.

Anyway if Lauren Murphy continues her crazy string of upsets and somehow beats Sara McMann, I'll add her name to the mix, although I don't see that happening. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 2:18 PM
GSPs_Dark_Place
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it matters. As soon as she beats them, someone will say they weren't that good anyway.
7/7/14 3:25 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRZ - 
Steve4192 -
Oontyex - Has Marloes coennen made 135 before she could maybe give Ronda a good fight Phone Post 3.0

She was the first Strikeforce 135 pound champ. Then she lost it to Tate and Tate lost it to Rousey.
I thought Sarah Kaufman was the first SF 135 champ and Marloes beat her for the belt. Phone Post 3.0

Whoops.

You are correct. I forgot about Kaufman's reign.
7/7/14 3:56 PM
BigEyedFish
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Niagara Falls, ON
BJJkilla - after zingano, there is no one good enough for ronda to fight. they need to sign holm and cyborg to get ronda motivated.

bottom line right there 

7/7/14 4:10 PM
FatBuddha
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could see Ronda retire in 4 years after about 10 more title defenses (she would be 30) with wins over Zingano, Holm, Gina Carano, Cyborg (and 6 or so others) as female GOAT
7/7/14 4:15 PM
BigEyedFish
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Niagara Falls, ON

ronda has 3 fights in her at best until fame and money take her ambition

and Eye shouldnt be on any list, RR would destroy her. 

7/7/14 4:15 PM
Dreville79

Chainsaw Charles - Amanda Nunes will be the first to beat her. Phone Post 3.0
Don't know if she'll beat her but I've been saying for a year she's the biggest threat! Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 4:24 PM
FreightTrain

McMann seemed to be giving her a hard time. I'd like to see a re-match.
7/7/14 4:30 PM
ShatsBassoon
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain Velasquez, Jon Jones, Chris Weidman, Johnny Hendricks, Anthony Pettis under the right circumstances.

7/7/14 4:33 PM
thatdude21601
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPs_Dark_Place - I don't think it matters. As soon as she beats them, someone will say they weren't that good anyway.

This is true, I thought Davis would be good enough of a grappler to make it an interesting fight.

@Chromium Zingano did kind of look huge over the weekend, you're probably right.

7/7/14 4:35 PM
FreightTrain

FatBuddha - I could see Ronda retire in 4 years after about 10 more title defenses (she would be 30) with wins over Zingano, Holm, Gina Carano, Cyborg (and 6 or so others) as female GOAT

Which is what she should do if we're to learn anything from the way in which BJ retired vs GSP.
7/8/14 1:58 AM
FatBuddha
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreightTrain - 
FatBuddha - I could see Ronda retire in 4 years after about 10 more title defenses (she would be 30) with wins over Zingano, Holm, Gina Carano, Cyborg (and 6 or so others) as female GOAT

Which is what she should do if we're to learn anything from the way in which BJ retired vs GSP.

definitely. MMA is definitely not good on your body or brain long term....

Aren't there any Japanese/Korean/Chinese judoka in her weight class who want to transition to MMA?

Her training with Ryron and Rener doesn't bode well for her opponents - in another year or two her ground defense won't catch up to her offense, but it should be solid
7/8/14 5:08 AM
jayflo145
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cat, holm and Pena

But really who are we kidding NOBODY will really "challenge" Honda in the octagon when it's crunch time and the bell rings. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/14 5:13 AM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think the only challenger who beats her is Sara McMann.

7/8/14 6:13 AM
BalloonBollicks

The UFC need to build up some names in the W35, I know there has been a few fights but mostly it's Rousey vs Whoever, I know most of the girls but the casual fans who maybe aren't too familiar are just seeing things like Alexis Davis getting put away in 16 seconds and thinking nothing of it, Davis is a great fighter and what Rousey did was amazing. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.