UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zingano vs. Kaufman for #1 Contender?

7/7/14 1:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I back
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cat became the #1 female bantamweight contender from one victory and that was a year ago when the FBW div was just getting started... Kaufman is coming off a recent win against Leslie Smith and I believe she actually won he fight prior to that against Jessica Eye. Why not match the two up?

At a certain point, UFC needs to spend more time building up its challengers to the female bantamweight championship so we don't get another repeat of Saturday night's 16-second destruction. Ronda's previous opponent, McMahon, didn't do much better against RR.

Am I crazy? Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 2:06 AM
doerksenfan
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Zingano vs Amanda Nunes. They were already scheduled to fight In Strikeforce, but it didn't happen. Either one is a fresh match for Ronda, and both are coming off wins. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 2:46 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really want to see Kaufman vs Ronda again.

Rather her fight:
Zingano
Holm
Cybrorg
Carano
Murphy
Nakamoto (if she comes back and gets a few wins)

Plenty of good matchups out there before having her do more rematches. If Kaufman wins 2-3 more, give her a rematch but she shouldn't be in a #1 eliminator fight yet.
7/7/14 2:57 AM
nowaydo
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - I don't really want to see Kaufman vs Ronda again.

Rather her fight:
Zingano
Holm
Cybrorg
Carano
Murphy
Nakamoto (if she comes back and gets a few wins)

Plenty of good matchups out there before having her do more rematches. If Kaufman wins 2-3 more, give her a rematch but she shouldn't be in a #1 eliminator fight yet.

Agree, until Sarah shows more growth, beyond the same "ultimate boxing" combos that she always brings to the table, I don't care to see her anymore.

She really needs to grow or start knocking ladies out. she hasn't koed anyone since Obamas been in office.
7/7/14 4:14 AM
Eggbert
844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know why people keep mentioning carano. The sport has passed her by big time. Aside from the fact she hasn't fought in a few years I don't think she could make top 5 with how the sport has evolved. I love Gina but coming back would be a big mistake Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 5:15 AM
GenghisKwan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey is in danger of having a fight record full of hyped-up no hopers.

The UFC Women's Bantamweight division is losing credibility like a sinking ship Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 5:52 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Eggbert - I don't know why people keep mentioning carano. The sport has passed her by big time. Aside from the fact she hasn't fought in a few years I don't think she could make top 5 with how the sport has evolved. I love Gina but coming back would be a big mistake Phone Post 3.0

I'm not saying the fight would be competitive in any way shape or form, but I would rather watch her fight Rousey then Kaufman and I like Kaufman. I just want to see new matchups.
7/7/14 1:54 PM
nowaydo
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kaufman vs Carano...I like!
7/7/14 2:18 PM
Toquinho
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like kaufman..
That time she said in a pressconference "i like to get punched in the face" made me a fan Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 2:24 PM
TFK_Boobiemiles1986
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i refuse to seee sarah take a beating from Rousey so no thanks

7/7/14 2:45 PM
dhughes
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No rematches for Ronda. It wouldn't make sense and didn't when they did the Tate rematch, either. No one has come close to doing anything that would suggest they can beat her.

Cat, Cyborg, and Holm are the fights to make for the future.
7/7/14 2:53 PM
King Of All Tenors
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zingano should be next for Ronda Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 3:02 PM
judo man

Edited: 07/07/14 3:02 PM
Neither Zingano or Kaufmann are a threat to Rousey. She'll finish either one in the first round.
7/7/14 3:05 PM
The Alpha Male

I could care less on who she fights next. She is just gonna keep blowing through all these girls. Unless Cyborg comes to the UFC then its pointless. Shes the only one who may give her a legit challenge and I think that scares Dana White. Doesnt want his golden girl getting whooped.
7/7/14 3:45 PM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love me some Sara Kaufman, but no one wants to see her fight Ronda again until every other possibility has been exhausted. She got flat-out dominated the first time and hasn't shown anything to make me think the second time around would be any different.
7/7/14 3:54 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

I would rather see Jessica Eye fight her but she needs a win. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 10:40 PM
nowaydo

Toquinho - I like kaufman..
That time she said in a pressconference "i like to get punched in the face" made me a fan Phone Post 3.0

That's how I knew she'd never be a champ again.

None of the best champs say stuff like that. They'd rather have a flawless performance.
7/7/14 10:47 PM
Genghis85

Edited: 07/07/14 10:54 PM
Cat has said she wants to fight both Ronda and Cyborg. Sign Cyborg up and have that be her first fight at 135. Schedule it for early September. Winner gets Ronda on New Year's.

Then sign Holly Holm and have her fight Sarah Kaufman the same month. Winner faces McMann/Murphy in Jan/Feb for next title shot.
7/7/14 10:49 PM
I back
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Genghis85 - Cat has said she wants to fight both Ronda and Cyborg. Sign Cyborg up and have that be her first fight at 135. Winner gets Ronda on News Year's.

Then sign Holly Holm and have her fight Sarah Kaufman in Sept/Oct. Winner faces McMann/Murphy in Jan/Feb for next title shot.
This Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 10:50 PM
doerksenfan
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Sarah, a rematch with Miesha Tate makes sense, as Tate is a much bigger name than before, while Tate can avenge an old loss and stay near the top. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 10:59 PM
Genghis85

doerksenfan - For Sarah, a rematch with Miesha Tate makes sense, as Tate is a much bigger name than before, while Tate can avenge an old loss and stay near the top. Phone Post 3.0

I doubt Miesha has any interest in that match up. She knows it will just be a repeat of their first fight.
7/7/14 11:04 PM
doerksenfan

Genghis85 -
doerksenfan - For Sarah, a rematch with Miesha Tate makes sense, as Tate is a much bigger name than before, while Tate can avenge an old loss and stay near the top. Phone Post 3.0

I doubt Miesha has any interest in that match up. She knows it will just be a repeat of their first fight.
I forgot she's facing Rin Nakai anyway. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 11:22 PM
Genghis85

Edited: 07/07/14 11:30 PM
doerksenfan - "I forgot she's facing Rin Nakai anyway."

They should scrap that fight. It makes absolutely no sense for either fighter.

I'd give Rin an easier opponent for that Japanese card... someone like Jessica Andrade.

Miesha should fight Amanda Nunes in Sept. Amanda is a dangerous opponent, but a very winnable fight for her.

Davis can fight Raquel Pennington or Germaine de Randamie in Oct/Nov. If she wins, make Davis/Tate early next year.
7/8/14 12:21 AM
Ray Elbe
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Salmiyah, Kuwait
Someone post cats flying armbar from grapplers quest last weekend Phone Post 3.0
7/8/14 12:28 AM
KFP49
981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way.  Cat earned her shot.  The only reason I would want her to have one more fight before Ronda is because I'd like to see her at full strength instead of coming off a long layoff and injury.

Regardless, Ronda finishes Cat anyway and would beat Sara again too. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.