UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chris Weidman/Larry Holmes

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/7/14 4:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
smags
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris could be the most complete Mma fighter ever, but i just feel that no matter what he does he is just never going to transcend a hardcore fan base.
He is just Holmes waiting for Tyson, should he ever come. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 10:46 AM
PrettyBoy
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People would rather watch Ali watching Larry Homes fight than watch Larry Homes fight. - Don King Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 10:48 AM
smags
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - People would rather watch Ali watching Larry Homes fight than watch Larry Homes fight. - Don King Phone Post 3.0
Sad considering how good the man was Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 10:59 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well the problem is that he beat a guy that was literally worshiped - not once, but twice. He also has recently beaten two Brazilians - another "mistake."

When you have a fan base that worships grown men, and those grown men get the shit kicked out of them, expect some hatred.

Chris is a great fighter, finishes fights, pushes the action, is fearless, always is respectful. If people don't like him, they should look at themselves and why they feel the need to worship and the douchebags that they are.
7/7/14 11:01 AM
sillyscreenname

Wishful thinking from die hard Anderson fans. If he keeps winning he'll be America's GSP soon enough.
7/7/14 11:31 AM
smags

I certainly don't worship any fighter or any man and the plain and simple fact is that Weidman is bland.

Also, there has been a catastrophic failure to promote the man. He should have been on every talk show on the planet following both his victories over Anderson, and the reason he wasn't is not because they wouldn't have him! The all-American kid who lost his home in sandy and conquered and international goat. His management and the ufc blew it big time and i don't see a way back.

That being said, i hope he proves me wrong. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 11:40 AM
TzTinkle
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - People would rather watch Ali watching Larry Homes fight than watch Larry Homes fight. - Don King Phone Post 3.0

I've never heard that quote before, but yea for the casual fan it's true.
7/7/14 11:43 AM
TheAxeMurderer84
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sillyscreenname - Wishful thinking from die hard Anderson fans. If he keeps winning he'll be America's GSP soon enough.
Yup. If he keeps winning he will become a hot item soon enough. Everyone loves an undefeated champion . Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 1:23 PM
smags

TheAxeMurderer84 -
sillyscreenname - Wishful thinking from die hard Anderson fans. If he keeps winning he'll be America's GSP soon enough.
Yup. If he keeps winning he will become a hot item soon enough. Everyone loves an undefeated champion . Phone Post 3.0
Weidman has none of GSP's marketability though. GSP didnt become the biggest draw in the sport by merely being dominant. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 11:09 PM
smags

Indeed Phone Post 3.0
7/7/14 11:27 PM
bemsqua
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larry Holmes was the man. The man had twenty title defenses. If Weidman follows his footsteps, he will be the greatest of all time.
7/8/14 12:10 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

smags -
TheAxeMurderer84 -
Weidman has none of GSP's marketability though. GSP didnt become the biggest draw in the sport by merely being dominant. Phone Post 3.0
GAO is boring as he'll Phone Post 3.0
7/8/14 12:18 AM
PrettyBoy
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Easton Assasin Phone Post 3.0
7/8/14 12:20 AM
branchdavidian
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - People would rather watch Ali watching Larry Homes fight than watch Larry Homes fight. - Don King Phone Post 3.0

.. beyond sad irony considering Don FeelFree2DieAnyFuckingDayNow King withheld the report from mayo clinic. There are video interviews all the way from sept.'78 that have ali slurring his speech
7/8/14 1:07 AM
Lyoto Drank Chris Weiners Pee

I sure as hell hope not. I want Weidman to go far. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/14 1:17 AM
Shinsplint
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if he keeps winning he will get there. I think he is a rare talent.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.