UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ben Askren upseet that he's not in the UFC

7/9/14 8:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NinjaBoy91
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up with Askren? Seems like he's hating on Hendricks just to get UFC attention. ONE FC ain't good enough for him?

http://www.cagepotato.com/twitter-beef-of-the-day-ben-askren-picks-a-fight-with-johny-hendricks-gets-lectured-by-matt-hughes-instead/
7/9/14 8:43 AM
thefink

I would be too, it's fuckin politics why he's not in the UFC Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 8:44 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's an undefeated former champion of the #2 mma org, and wasn't signed because "he wasn't ready". Meanwhile there's fighters on the UFC roster who are absolute garbage. It's not hard to understand Askren's frustration Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 8:44 AM
canofsticks
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben left Bellator swinging his dick around thinking he was guaranteed to get a UFC contract. He didn't and was left standing with his dick in his hand.

He's a little sore about that still, I'd imagine
7/9/14 8:45 AM
talkischeap
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I must admit it seems like every second word out of his mouth is about how great he is or how bad the ufc is like onefc is non existent . Im not one to think he is great or more talented than the pack just because ufc didnt want him Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 8:48 AM
talkischeap
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People read into it too much i mean if he was " ready " wouldnt he be focused on fights in his own organization Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 8:49 AM
Stea1th

He's just trying to stay relevent and stir the pot..

if he was smart he would put on exciting performances..that would get you into the UFC, not talking crap IMO 

7/9/14 8:55 AM
Ramon Maroni

thefink - I would be too, it's fuckin politics why he's not in the UFC Phone Post 3.0

this

He is one of the top WW in the world, he should be in the UFC
7/9/14 9:17 AM
BigEyedFish

Black Belt, Niagara Falls, ON
Stea1th - 

if he was smart he would put on exciting performances..that would get you into the UFC, not talking crap IMO 

exactly

7/9/14 9:19 AM
BooZe

Stea1th -

Yup Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:21 AM
MarkRobinson
1215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramon Maroni -
thefink - I would be too, it's fuckin politics why he's not in the UFC Phone Post 3.0

this

I don't care for his style and definitely think he's boring.

However, if the UFC is the place that houses the best MMA athletes in the world, then he belongs in the UFC.

I don't mind him hating even though I think it's pretty weak. Also I think Hendricks, GSP, Robbie and Rory would beat him. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:29 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stea1th -

No it won't, that exciting bullshit is a myth. Look at how many boring ass fights we have now in the UFC. Guys freezing up, guys who aren't ready, guys who clearly don't belong. Whiners like the Diaz brothers holding out like this is the fucking NFL. Askren clearly belongs in the UFC but as I said in another thread, he's a liability. Look at Khabib, why isn't he getting the big fights he deserves? It's not about the best fighter, it's about who brings in the money. Not even necessarily excitement based Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:30 AM
iamarealamerican
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendricks would smash him
7/9/14 9:31 AM
The Power Double
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well clearly he SHOULD be in the UFC, so what's the issue Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:36 AM
Ramon Maroni

MarkRobinson - 
Ramon Maroni -

this

I don't care for his style and definitely think he's boring.

However, if the UFC is the place that houses the best MMA athletes in the world, then he belongs in the UFC.

I don't mind him hating even though I think it's pretty weak. Also I think Hendricks, GSP, Robbie and Rory would beat him. Phone Post 3.0

I couldnt agree more

I think he can be boring at times, but this guy is legit as they come, he needs to be in the UFC against the top 10 guys
7/9/14 9:40 AM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be upset if I was him. He's a top ten fighter who's undefeated. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:42 AM
NinjaBoy91

I think he'll do well in the UFC. And besides, as boring as people call him, he finishes fights. Sometimes I can't help but feel that he's not in the ufc because he's boring, just because he's got a big mouth....

For the time being, would be nice if he focused more and talked about his own organization.
7/9/14 9:45 AM
BW92

He's been calling out GSP for how long? And got denied entrance because the UFC didn't like his boss. I'm sure its as much about telling Dana and everyone they fucked him as actually trying to get in there Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:47 AM
Tomato Can
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a right to be butthurt. Not signing Askren was the most cynical thing DW has done in years, at least roster-wise. Even worse than the Okami cut.
7/9/14 10:10 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren is right to be pissed and he has been stirring the pot and engaging with UFC fighters on social media for years. This isn't something new. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 10:16 AM
JustAble
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DW didn't want the Bellator champ coming in and beating everyone because that's probably what would have happened. Would have made Bellator look good and the UFC ww division weak. Plus Dana doesn't want some "boring" fighter as his champ because it isn't marketable in his eyes. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 10:16 AM
brob
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren deserves to be in the UFC and I think he would do quite well but I think he would have trouble with gsp, lawler, hendricks, and condit. Hes got the wrestling to be competitive and even dominant but I imo he doesnt have the hands and would eventually get caught by the guys above. GSP is to technical with his striking and hendricks is also a great wrestler but has a TON of power. Lawler has shown some great tdd as of late and has big power. Condits tdd isnt great but his striking is great and would eventually blast him.
7/9/14 10:19 AM
whoabro

Maybe he shouldnt have publicly talked shit on dana if he wants to be in dana's org Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 10:20 AM
wiggum
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - He has a right to be butthurt. Not signing Askren was the most cynical thing DW has done in years, at least roster-wise. Even worse than the Okami cut.

7/9/14 10:22 AM
frampton337

Bellator didn't want him either.

Welcome to the world of business Ben, now shut the fuck up and sit down.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.