UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Faber: "I'd only fight Dillashaw if he asked me"

7/9/14 4:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elias Cepeda
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/09/14 4:15 PM

Just spoke with Urijah Faber this afternoon and, among other things, we spoke about the possibility of his fighting teammate and bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw. Check out the story at the link below, if you're into that kind of thing. Thanks!

Urijah Faber celebrates after defeating Alex Caceres in their bantamweight mixed martial arts bout at UFC 175 on Saturday, July 5, 2014, in Las Vegas

"You know, the only way that fight would happen is if TJ Dillashaw asked me to do it," Faber says.

"The only reason it would happens is if it were something that Dana, Lorenzo, everybody thinks is a must-see and they want to make it worth our while. I don’t necessarily feel like it’s something I want to do. I guess you never rule anything out but it’s not something that I want to do."

READ MORE

7/9/14 4:19 PM
guardbr8kr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faber believes he can beat TJ.handily.
7/9/14 4:29 PM
MediumRareMistake
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guardbr8kr - Faber believes he can beat TJ.handily.
Yeah he needs him to hold the belt IMO if he ever is going to win a UFC belt. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 4:38 PM
Elias Cepeda
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting takes on that match up. Those who are confident Faber would beat Dillashaw, please elaborate as to why. What do you see in their styles and skill sets that makes you confident?

7/9/14 4:42 PM
Brigham
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad - I think Faber would beat TJ too Phone Post 3.0
Me too Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 4:44 PM
MediumRareMistake
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elias Cepeda -

Interesting takes on that match up. Those who are confident Faber would beat Dillashaw, please elaborate as to why. What do you see in their styles and skill sets that makes you confident?

I just think Faber big brothers him. They know each other inside and out. I think it would be a good fight but I think Faber beats any BW not named Barao (we'll see if Cruz comes back the same) . Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 5:19 PM
VinegarStrokes
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faber wins if he gets it to the ground. Otherwise he has no shot.

7/9/14 5:25 PM
Burt Reynoldz
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another vote for TJ getting big bro'd.
7/9/14 5:26 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Faber just has the tools to beat TJ I think barao was really just surprised and couldn't adjust well. No one knew TJ was going to fight like that, and it's hard adjusting your tempo through the fight so I think that's what really got to barao. Don't get me wrong TJ out classes and demolished Barao, I just think Faber knows how to handle TJ. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 5:48 PM
GSPs_Dark_Place
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillashaw also knows how Faber fights too, and has one more win in a Championship fight in the UFC than Faber has. And he has Duane Ludwig. I'd love to see this fight go down. Too many good fights ruined by little things like friendship, and stuff. I did love when Dillashaw (jokingly I think) on MMA Roasted podcast "It would tough for me to have to beat him up."

Seems like Urijah is more into this than TJ.
7/9/14 5:57 PM
Arlovskis Chin
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPs_Dark_Place - Dillashaw also knows how Faber fights too, and has one more win in a Championship fight in the UFC than Faber has. And he has Duane Ludwig. I'd love to see this fight go down. Too many good fights ruined by little things like friendship, and stuff. I did love when Dillashaw (jokingly I think) on MMA Roasted podcast "It would tough for me to have to beat him up."

Seems like Urijah is more into this than TJ.
"Too many good fights ruined by little things like friendship, and stuff."

Wut. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 5:57 PM
Sir Real
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are too many bantam/feather fighters anyway. Dana could be the dick that he is and have Nate/Nick, Rodrigo/Rodgerio, or Caraway/Tate fight.
7/9/14 6:00 PM
FCFBlazer
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both are awesome and you can tell they are like a family, so yeah Faber would big bro him. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 6:05 PM
UGCTT croy_00
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCFBlazer - Both are awesome and you can tell they are like a family, so yeah Faber would big bro him. Phone Post 3.0

Bananaweight champ imo.

7/9/14 6:15 PM
Delorian
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want this fight to happen Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:09 PM
Elias Cepeda

Woe, lots of Faber faith here. Id hate to see a fight like this happen, obviously. A friendship, a team, would be hurt, Im sure. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:18 PM
Il Duce
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd pick TJ because he's got most of the same tools as the last two guys to defeat Faber, unpredictable striking, ridiculous footwork and elite TDD. Any advantage Faber has is psychological. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:40 PM
Rudi

Sir Real - There are too many bantam/feather fighters anyway. Dana could be the dick that he is and have Nate/Nick, Rodrigo/Rodgerio, or Caraway/Tate fight.
Legit laughing at the caraway/Tate comment Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 9:42 PM
Firemansam

Faber would son TJ Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 10:27 PM
hellride
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burt Reynoldz - Another vote for TJ getting big bro'd.

+1
7/9/14 10:34 PM
beatmeov
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TJ takes this fight and brings Cruz in his corner just to fuck with Faber.
7/9/14 10:38 PM
TryhardNobody
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillashaw pounded out the best p4p guy in the sport for 5 full rounds and didnt crack once. He isnt gona get sonned by Faber. If anyone has a psychological advantage its Dillashaw. He beat Barao and Faber couldnt.
7/9/14 10:43 PM
MediumRareMistake

TryhardNobody - Dillashaw pounded out the best p4p guy in the sport for 5 full rounds and didnt crack once. He isnt gona get sonned by Faber. If anyone has a psychological advantage its Dillashaw. He beat Barao and Faber couldnt.
And Faber beats that ass daily in the gym for the past few years Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 10:44 PM
KnockoutThoughts
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Styles make fights. What he did to Barao worked on Barao because he was a striker who wanted to keep it on the feet. Also, credit to Dillashaw for that asswhooping, but let's be real that wasn't the best Barao. He was sluggish as hell. Faber is a different animal. Faber is not the best on the feet, but what he has good striking to get in on his opponents. He's fast at securing chokes and shit, and when he locks on many of his opponents end up tapping. I think Faber makes Dillashaw way more tentative than he was in his fight with Barao. His hesitation leads to opportunities, and Faber finishes this fight by submission or decision. No doubt Dillashaw is the better striker, but Faber's work rate would be too much imo. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 10:45 PM
UGCTT_granite007
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Part of me wants to see this fight. Part of me doesn't. Getting in the cage with one of your buddies is tough. Money talks, though. Who knows...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.