UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Estima Inaction?

7/14/14 1:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gward is good
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone in the know about this site? Thought the release was supposed to be June.
7/14/14 1:46 PM
Drew Foster
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would think it should be up very soon. I remember seeing the link right around Christmas, and at the Worlds this year, Victor and Braulio both has EstimaInAction patches on. Also in the past few weeks, they uploaded 2 trailers for the site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teQkLsuozd8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE3V509DQKs

I saw a thing where the MGinaction people said they're doing all of the editing, and that they film the classes and rolls and Braulio's academy, and then the MGinaction team edits the footage for the website.

Definitely looking forward to it.
7/17/14 6:50 PM
Drew Foster
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Within a week or two"
7/17/14 7:23 PM
shin2chin
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should be great.

Braulio is a really fantastic teacher
7/17/14 7:25 PM
Rob Taylor
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Cardiff, UK

Brazilian time, haha

I bet it will be amazing... I guess I'm biased but Braulio is an awesome instructor

8/6/14 10:56 AM
Drew Foster

Site launches on Friday.

it will launch with a bonus 10 sparring sessions with Marcelo Garcia. Here's a quick sample video of that spider guard kneebar that Braulio's been doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoQ5XdTiES0
8/6/14 12:19 PM
PittBJJ
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to checking his site out on Friday.

8/6/14 12:39 PM
Jordan Tabor

Black Belt, Cambridge, MA
Of the IBJJF guys, he's easily the best leg locker. Very impressive.
8/6/14 2:01 PM
shark tank
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this somehow affiliated with Marcelo's site? just wondering why he chose the name he did.
8/6/14 2:06 PM
Jeff Rockwell
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Austin, TX
shark tank - Is this somehow affiliated with Marcelo's site? just wondering why he chose the name he did.
He is working with the same people who designed MGinAction. So it's not a ripoff, it's a franchise. :) Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 2:06 PM
dokomoy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shark tank - Is this somehow affiliated with Marcelo's site? just wondering why he chose the name he did.

Yes, it's being run by the same people who run MGinAction. Apparently all the videos are going to be shot at Braulio's gym and then sent to Marcelo's to be uploaded and tagged and everything else. It looks like Braulio's site will have all the same functionality of Marcelo's.
8/6/14 2:48 PM
Gward is good

Very excited about this.
8/6/14 2:53 PM
brendan raedy

Black Belt, Vienna, VA

So is this just Braulio or also Vitor? Need to see some Estima lock!

8/6/14 3:01 PM
Drew Foster

brendan raedy - 

So is this just Braulio or also Vitor? Need to see some Estima lock!

Everything is filmed at Braulio's academy, but since I'm sure Victor visits, like the MGinaction site, I expect there will be guest instructionals/discussions/rolls with Victor.
8/7/14 9:10 AM
shark tank
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeff Rockwell - 
shark tank - Is this somehow affiliated with Marcelo's site? just wondering why he chose the name he did.
He is working with the same people who designed MGinAction. So it's not a ripoff, it's a franchise. :) Phone Post 3.0

cool...thanks for the info. VU
8/8/14 11:14 AM
Drew Foster

Just some info on the site:

All the videos are in really high def HD. For those wanting to know, the site launched with 510 videos: 9 fundamental lessons, 85 advanced lessons, 43 sparring videos (including ten 10 minute rounds with Marcelo Garcia to prep for the last ADCC), 372 InAction videos, and 1 discussion video. No drills yet.

The free videos they've put on YouTube are not how the instructionals on the site are. The ones on the site are in class with his students, and are much more detailed. For people used to Marcelo's terminology some things you might have to get used to. The 1 leg x guard is called the anaconda guard, and there are little differences like that.

I mostly just watched some rolls. I watched a few of the rolls with Marcelo Garcia that are really intense, and they should get uploaded for free for everyone to see. Each of the 10 rolls with Marcelo are 10 mins long, and were from Braulio's ADCC prep for the Galvao superfight. I also saw there were another seven 10 minute rolls for the ADCC prep where Braulio had a fresh guy every 10 mins.

There's a 24 part butterfly guard passing seminar (gi and nogi), a series on passing the worm guard.

Honestly this is awesome. I just am not that familiar with Braulio's teaching style, but I guess I'll be seeing it. If anyone wants 1 week free trials, I can get them to you. Just PM me your email addy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.