UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Open Guard Concepts

7/17/14 2:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChicagoJiuJitsu
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My intention with this video was help simplify the open guard experience with universal principles and give a template on building your own style.

In regards to advice on building your own plan of attack I am not sure I can help with that too much. I feel that your body type, personality as well as your primary goals such as what is more important for you; gi, no gi, mma etc will determine the way you would or should build your own style or plan of attack. I hope that helps. Keep up with me on youtube and I will keep pumping videos with might give you a reference during your journey

Here is my first follow up video for the open guard translated;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_jmSIw_-tI&list=TLHb-tlcOw9meCqv5d5GnR0RhUmxtNbPUJ
7/17/14 3:23 PM
baby-silverback
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
7/17/14 4:03 PM
falsecrack
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice, thanks for putting that together. you articulated a lot of good points and the video flowed well with good examples
7/17/14 6:15 PM
EddyH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks great video very helpful. Samuel Braga does have a great guard.
7/17/14 6:18 PM
bonez05

Nice shout out to Misho! Phone Post 3.0
7/17/14 6:41 PM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChicagoJiuJitsu - My intention with this video was help simplify the open guard experience with universal principles and give a template on building your own style.

In regards to advice on building your own plan of attack I am not sure I can help with that too much. I feel that your body type, personality as well as your primary goals such as what is more important for you; gi, no gi, mma etc will determine the way you would or should build your own style or plan of attack. I hope that helps. Keep up with me on youtube and I will keep pumping videos with might give you a reference during your journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_jmSIw_-tI&list=TLHb-tlcOw9meCqv5d5GnR0RhUmxtNbPUJ

7/18/14 12:45 AM
Adem Redzovic
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Chicago, IL
EddyH - Thanks great video very helpful. Samuel Braga does have a great guard.

He is like a matador
7/18/14 12:46 AM
Adem Redzovic

Black Belt, Chicago, IL
bonez05 - Nice shout out to Misho! Phone Post 3.0

Misho is a legend
7/18/14 10:40 AM
Ubiquitous
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great video. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 11:08 AM
Meatgrinder
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA
krept - 
ChicagoJiuJitsu - My intention with this video was help simplify the open guard experience with universal principles and give a template on building your own style.

Good rule! I always emphasize the same thing, but I also have a strong preference to get inside position. I talk about this very thing in one of my favorite sweeps...

7/18/14 4:02 PM
Adem Redzovic

Black Belt, Chicago, IL

Very smooth transition, thanks for sharing!

7/18/14 10:13 PM
cgdc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread. Thanks for posting. Can't wait to apply in my next class.
7/19/14 5:00 PM
Root12
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:09 PM
Pastor D

Great insights man, love playing open guard I feel like it opens doorways to a bunch of different submissions.
7/19/14 9:16 PM
flyingtoehold
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 later Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 2:54 AM
gwuardpasher

For later Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 5:56 AM
deepu
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Montreal, QC
For later Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:39 PM
youarewhatiswrong
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent video. When I am more than a closed guard clenching white belt holding on for dear life then I am sure that I will gain much from it.
7/21/14 2:06 PM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very insightful!! I really enjoyed this video. Lots of philosophy and information that's going to help me all the way to black belt. Thank you very much!

7/21/14 2:35 PM
jujubre
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 6:32 PM
Jeremy Carbone
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Austin, TX
Thanks for taking the time to make and share this awesome stuff!
7/22/14 1:39 AM
JohnnyBrabo
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great follow up vid! Thank you. Been playing with your concepts in mind. Gonna take a lot of work on my part to break my bad habits but this is a great reference point.

Seems a bit harder cause I train strictly no gi, but again, fantastic insight Adem.
7/22/14 1:41 AM
Adem Redzovic

Black Belt, Chicago, IL

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it! 

7/22/14 3:19 AM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool thanks man, always good to see some details I have missed.
7/22/14 2:12 PM
TrappeBier
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.