UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Chicago Open....who's going/competing?

7/17/14 1:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
baby-silverback
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there to help represent the old men

Brown

Masters 3

Middle Phone Post 3.0
7/17/14 4:05 PM
Josh Mancuso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Baton Rouge, LA
Yup, Blackbelt Middle master 1 Gi and nogi Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 12:43 PM
Ryan Prouty
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Peoria, IL

Im trying to register now. Master 2 UHW Black.

Old guys holding down!!!!

7/18/14 2:44 PM
Beezer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Figures you would compete again the one time I will be missing that tourney Ryan. Good luck brotha! Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 3:36 PM
Ryan Prouty
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/18/14 3:52 PM
Black Belt, Peoria, IL

Thanks man. Ive been fucked up for like a year now but Im feeling good enough to get back at it... hopefully! LOL

ok just got registered. If it didnt take 5 tries it just wouldnt be the IBJJF.

7/18/14 11:38 PM
baby-silverback
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump for the old guys Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 5:39 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not old but I'm 50/50 on signing up. Got 1 person between Gi and Nogi so far, it just ends up being such an expensive weekend. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 12:29 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Not old but I'm 50/50 on signing up. Got 1 person between Gi and Nogi so far, it just ends up being such an expensive weekend. Phone Post 3.0
I hear ya. I try to make Chicago bc I can't afford to get to the others... Right now I have no one in my division. But the absolute has several! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 8:47 PM
Cory Dee

I'm planning to be there, I think we have 6 or 8 of us coming down from Canada. I am technically a master 1, but I'll be doing adult.

Does this tournament normally fill up? The original plan was to do the NY Open, but got shut out from registration.
7/19/14 10:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cory Dee - I'm planning to be there, I think we have 6 or 8 of us coming down from Canada. I am technically a master 1, but I'll be doing adult.

Does this tournament normally fill up? The original plan was to do the NY Open, but got shut out from registration.
I did the spring earlier this year, it got to 90% capacity in Gi but didn't close. Nogi got to 50% but never gets remotely close to closing. It's looking pretty thin right now in both Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 11:16 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
It's closed plenty before but it looks thin this time. There are only 2 UHWs at black belt. Other guy is older than me! Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:44 AM
baby-silverback

I'm the only guy in my weight class right now... Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:33 AM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
Looks like Lots of gimme medals lol. Too bad it's not real gold, might get our $115 back. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:07 PM
Josh Mancuso

I would hold out, usually a lot of guys sign up at the last minute.

Plus the absolutes should be good. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 2:50 PM
7 Dust

For sure light this time around.
7/21/14 11:55 AM
Cory Dee

Do any of you locals know of a Metamoris viewing after the event? Maybe at a club or something that would be open to some strangers coming by?
7/29/14 1:50 PM
John Clarke
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Boston, MA

Do any of you guys regularly go to the Chicago Open and have an idea of the schedule? I'm coming from out of town with some students and I'm trying to get our travel in order.

I heard that Masters Gi divisions may be on Sunday? Has anyone experienced this or have you seen the Masters Gi compete on Saturday?

Thanks.

7/29/14 1:57 PM
baby-silverback

I've only been once & that was this past spring. The only gi divisions I personally seen on the mat were white belts Phone Post 3.0
7/29/14 6:02 PM
DR1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Prouty - Looks like Lots of gimme medals lol. Too bad it's not real gold, might get our $115 back. Phone Post 3.0
I was gonna sign up in the same division but I broke my toe yesterday. I'm kinda bummed because I wanted to compete semi locally with some guys I haven't rolled with to start preparing for the masters worlds in November. We have a pretty big local tournament up here in Michigan on September 13th the Michigan Open if you and your team want to make a trip where everyone will get some matches it's a good one to plan for and very well run and organized. My toe will be fine by then even if its not 100% I will play. There are a couple other black belts around our age division and weight up here that will probably compete as well. It's double elimination too. Check out the website www.usabjjtournaments.com Phone Post 3.0
7/29/14 7:41 PM
Josh Mancuso

I am going from nogi master 1 middle weight to NoGi Adult Heavyweight division so I can get some matches and a solid open class

7/29/14 7:51 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
Only gi divisions I've seen bumped to Sunday are white belts. They will have a schedule up a few days before the tourney. I doubt anyone will get bumped as light as it is... Phone Post 3.0
7/29/14 9:58 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Ryan Prouty - Only gi divisions I've seen bumped to Sunday are white belts. They will have a schedule up a few days before the tourney. I doubt anyone will get bumped as light as it is... Phone Post 3.0
White belt didn't get bumped. They're always on Sunday with Nogi Phone Post 3.0
7/29/14 10:33 PM
Josh Mancuso

Yea, kinda hoping more people sign up or I may just switch to Adult in the gi so I can get a crack at Vitor Oliviera, guy is an absolute monster.

7/29/14 10:51 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Megaton is signed up for adult feather, interested to see him in the absolute Phone Post 3.0
7/29/14 11:44 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Megaton is signed up for adult feather, interested to see him in the absolute Phone Post 3.0
Megaton lineage here (through McVicker). The team is pretty excited he is coming to Chicago! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.