UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Chicago Open....who's going/competing?

8/3/14 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Prouty
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
Sweet! Got someone in my weight division! I think he's from LV. Don't know a thing about him. But glad he signed up!!! Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 9:35 PM
Cory Dee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team bailed on me, coming solo. Still wondering if any gyms are doing a Metamoris event and don't mind one more.
8/3/14 10:29 PM
baby-silverback
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I now have 2 guys in my division! Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 4:48 AM
baby-silverback
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6 guys total for Saturday gi action in my division! Going to be an interesting weekend Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 8:35 AM
Josh Mancuso

Black Belt, Baton Rouge, LA
While rolling with another Blackbelt on Saturday at my coach's academy, two whitebelts were training and fell on my leg as it was posted out at a 45 degree angle while I was doing a leg weave pass. My knee popped loudly and I've been limping ever since.

$400 plane ticket, $200 registration, hotel costs, and 8 weeks of hard diet and training out the fucking window because of two morons not watching where they are going. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 11:09 AM
ogjune
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Irvine, CA
Bad break. This and your DQ at Pans for not being in bullpen are both totally unfortunate. Hopefully no ligament tears for you. Phone Post
8/6/14 11:18 AM
Ryan Prouty
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
Josh Mancuso - While rolling with another Blackbelt on Saturday at my coach's academy, two whitebelts were training and fell on my leg as it was posted out at a 45 degree angle while I was doing a leg weave pass. My knee popped loudly and I've been limping ever since.

$400 plane ticket, $200 registration, hotel costs, and 8 weeks of hard diet and training out the fucking window because of two morons not watching where they are going. Phone Post 3.0

Are you still going to make the trip thogh? Or can you physically walk around at all?

8/6/14 12:52 PM
Josh Mancuso

I am limping, so I will still be there to coach. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 12:53 PM
Josh Mancuso

ogjune - Bad break. This and your DQ at Pans for not being in bullpen are both totally unfortunate. Hopefully no ligament tears for you. Phone Post
Man, this has been the toughest year in Jiu Jitsu I have ever had, by far. I thought once I got to Blackbelt it would be smooth sailing... Boy was I wrong. Phone Post 3.0
8/8/14 3:16 PM
baby-silverback

Mr. Mancuso, take care of that knee sir Phone Post 3.0
8/8/14 10:38 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow! If you see a 6'5" ruggedly handsome mid-30's black belt say hello!

Bc that me! Phone Post 3.0
8/8/14 10:47 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck everyone. I'll be in a sling a week from today, no Chicago open for me Phone Post 3.0
8/9/14 8:45 AM
Serafin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Chicago, IL
Leaving for the tournament in a few minutes for a long day of coaching
8/10/14 9:06 AM
baby-silverback

Day 2 coming up, no-gi Phone Post 3.0
8/11/14 12:32 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
We'll how'd everyone do???

I took gold at my weight. Had to bitch out of the open though. A 4 hour wait a bad back = no bueno. So I left shortly after my weight. Phone Post 3.0
8/11/14 2:20 PM
Cory Dee

Edited: 08/11/14 2:21 PM
Ryan, that might have been for the better. I saw lots of injuries coming out of the black absolute divisions (even for the guys winning).

I took silver at weight. Lost the final 4-1 on advantages. It was basically his relentless sub hunting against my relentless passing attempts, so it was a match I'm happy with my performance. And I'm happy with how I did in my 2 matches leading up to that.

I waited about 6 hours for my absolute division. First round I got the winner from heavy. I got to deep half right away, but he used his 70 lbs advantage to rip out a kimura. At least he didn't rip my arm off, haha.

And nice to meet you, Josh.
8/11/14 2:55 PM
baby-silverback

Prouty, I saw you on the podium, but didn't get to catch up with you.....

I got 1st at weight & 3rd in open on Saturday. I had only one guy in my age that happened to be in my weight also for Sunday. I won the first for weight division gold. We talked after & decided to run it back for open to get another roll in. I was fortunate to get another first in open. MAD respect for that guy. We had two INTENSE matches Phone Post 3.0
8/11/14 3:57 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
baby-silverback - Prouty, I saw you on the podium, but didn't get to catch up with you.....

I got 1st at weight & 3rd in open on Saturday. I had only one guy in my age that happened to be in my weight also for Sunday. I won the first for weight division gold. We talked after & decided to run it back for open to get another roll in. I was fortunate to get another first in open. MAD respect for that guy. We had two INTENSE matches Phone Post 3.0
Oh man should have yelled!!!!

And I told the clip board dude that you were hurt Josh. Then some Brazilian black belt (no clue who he was) was like "yeah he's hurt just skip him!" When I said you were hurt this dude points at my Humaita patch and says "he's from Brazil he knows what he is talking about!" .... It was fucking weird. Phone Post 3.0
8/12/14 8:15 AM
Josh Mancuso

I was really happy, we took 4th in NoGi with only 3 competitors.

8/12/14 4:28 PM
Ryan Prouty

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
Josh Mancuso - 

I was really happy, we took 4th in NoGi with only 3 competitors.

Cool mang!

8/12/14 4:51 PM
Meatgrinder
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

looks like everyone did well. Congrats guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.