UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana calls Mike Kogan a "pos scumbag"

7/18/14 5:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@MikeKogan hey Kogan u scumbag POS if Nate didn't listen to ur dumb ass he wouldn't be in this position. Quit fuckin up kids careers dirtbag

https://twitter.com/ danawhite/status/ 490244800676122624 Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 5:26 PM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was respondinv to this tweet by kogan who is nate diaz's manager:

4.4 mil 3rd highest, 2.4mil on the night fucking Mayweather fought and Mosley was co-main and 1.2mil on shit TUF finale don't move needles? Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 5:45 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is downplaying Nate's drawing power and Kogan is defending his client. I guess this is how business is done in 2014. Twitter. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 5:45 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been calling this from the beginning, if Diaz is unhappy with his deal, that's the fault of himself and his manager. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 5:46 PM
chilz
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly can't stand Kogan. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 5:49 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

chilz - I honestly can't stand Kogan. Phone Post 3.0
He seems extremely unprofessional...but he'll, so is Dana so I guess that works for MMA. Kogan just seems kind of dumb. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 5:49 PM
BurnMyEyes
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/18/14 5:51 PM
somewhere cerrone's manager is reading this and laughing,while counting stacks of cash
7/18/14 5:52 PM
Molsonmuscle360
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - 
He seems extremely unprofessional...but he'll, so is Dana so I guess that works for MMA. Kogan just seems kind of dumb. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, but honestly, I'd rather have Dana and other "unprofessional" people working this sport then guys like Roger Goodell and Gary Bettman. 

7/18/14 5:53 PM
Perfer Et Obdura
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Assume the controls, Mike Kogan.

SHOVE THAT CONTROL INTO A NOSE DIVE, MIKE KOGAN!

Push yourself to total self-destruction.
7/18/14 5:54 PM
Thacommish
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Done dealing with gil Melendez and his “shit manager“

Mmmmhmmmm.
7/18/14 5:58 PM
insomnia
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tweet deleted?
7/18/14 5:58 PM
VTCO
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kogan's response:

@danawhite ouch. I remember different. But that's not a twitter conversation

7/18/14 5:59 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Is this the same white guy that called Aldo a nigga because Aldo said he wants better pay in the UFC?

"This n***a needs to make up his mind. Or more like stick to his guns and stop flip flopping.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/17/5818444/mma-manager-mike-kogan-calls-jose-aldo-nigga-ufc-fighter-pay-structure
7/18/14 6:02 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Cage Potato reached out to Diaz’s manager Mike Kogan, and asked why there was such a drastic drop in Diaz’s salary since his fight against Benson Henderson, where he was contracted to make $50,000 to show and $50,000 extra if he won.

Kogan’s response? “Cause I suck as a manager lol. Thank you, Mike.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mike-kogan-diazs-salary-dropped-because-i-suck-as-a-manager-lol/
7/18/14 6:03 PM
OMC 6000
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/manager-mike-kogan-issues-statement-after-racial-epithet-comment-on-jose-aldo
7/18/14 6:04 PM
jar of flies
807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tweet is still there, OP has a space between the / and "4"
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/490244800676122624

kogan was a strange guy in the early 2000s. unless something drastically changed, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't want him managing my career.
7/18/14 6:08 PM
ilikeyou

Belfort Hendo did 722k on free tv...Nate vs Maynard on a tuf finale did 1.1.........thats moving the needle and thats why Nate is doing this. Thats almost 400k more views.
His second fight on FOX he doubled his first apperance and that is the highest ufc on fox card besides the first 2 they showed.
Thats moving the needle

Kogan is right. Nate is right. Dana is holding out
7/18/14 6:10 PM
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - Cage Potato reached out to Diaz’s manager Mike Kogan, and asked why there was such a drastic drop in Diaz’s salary since his fight against Benson Henderson, where he was contracted to make $50,000 to show and $50,000 extra if he won.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mike-kogan-diazs-salary-dropped-because-i-suck-as-a-manager-lol/
If I had to guess, kogan had the contract structured heavily in favour of Diaz winning the title. As in, Nate wins and his purse goes up significantly, but if he lost it would either drop or stay relatively the same (I don't recall what Diaz made before this contract). They rolled the dice and lost and now Diaz is pissed about his mediocre deal because of it. Plus seeing Melendez cash in after being in the UFC for far less time probably stung a little too. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 6:29 PM
CindyO

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - Cage Potato reached out to Diaz’s manager Mike Kogan, and asked why there was such a drastic drop in Diaz’s salary since his fight against Benson Henderson, where he was contracted to make $50,000 to show and $50,000 extra if he won.

Oh dayum! VU.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 6:32 PM
chilz
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Molsonmuscle360 -

Yeah, but honestly, I'd rather have Dana and other "unprofessional" people working this sport then guys like Roger Goodell and Gary Bettman. 

Not a fan of Dana and his antics either... Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 6:35 PM
gokudamus

nate really needs to fire this idiot..hes the one that got him this "horrible" contract in the first place...and he is also extremely unprofessional
7/18/14 6:41 PM
Molsonmuscle360
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chilz - 
Molsonmuscle360 -

Not a fan of Dana and his antics either... Phone Post 3.0

He can definitely be an ass sometimes, but at least he's being honest most of the time.  He tells things as he sees them (as most executives in MMA seem to) instead of always beating around the bush like executives in other sports.  Hell, the NHL head office is so shady, that the ticket offices in Atlanta were calling season ticket holders of the Thrashers to renew their seats, at the exact same time that in Winnipeg they were doing a presser to announce that the Thrashers were moving there.  Barely a peep was made about it....Now imagine if Dana pulled something like that....you wouldn't hear the end of it for months if not years around here.

I feel because this sport has a smaller fan base, we are a lot more focused and hard on people that are in the spotlight.   Issues involving one persons contract becomes something that dominates conversation for weeks and months around here, where as if this was an NFL forum or something, there would be a singular thread discussing it, and it would generally die off in a few days, because of the sheer amount of other shit going on.

7/18/14 6:44 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

CindyO -

Oh dayum! VU.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Did you just crack a moisty?

:D Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 6:47 PM
TomEisen

da Vinci 81 - 

If I had to guess, kogan had the contract structured heavily in favour of Diaz winning the title. As in, Nate wins and his purse goes up significantly, but if he lost it would either drop or stay relatively the same (I don't recall what Diaz made before this contract). They rolled the dice and lost and now Diaz is pissed about his mediocre deal because of it. Plus seeing Melendez cash in after being in the UFC for far less time probably stung a little too. Phone Post 3.0

thats pretty good theory Tinfoil

you should play blackjack.

Nate should just fight, Dana won't back down. He's not hurting the UFC, he's hurting himself. UFC doesn't care about Nate, or cares if he ever fights again. The longer this goes on, the longer its going to take to get back to the top, with all the guys now in front of him
7/18/14 6:49 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

The sands of time stop for no man... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.