UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Wiggins or Love?

7/20/14 10:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pray for japan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - One man may be able to drag you to a low playoff seed but one man cannot win a title. You need a supporting cast. The 2011 Mavs had Kidd and Chandler. Even the '96 Bulls had guys like Pippen and Kukoc helping Jordan out.
kidd was a fossil and chandler was basically a one way player Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:10 AM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pray for japan - 
Tomato Can - One man may be able to drag you to a low playoff seed but one man cannot win a title. You need a supporting cast. The 2011 Mavs had Kidd and Chandler. Even the '96 Bulls had guys like Pippen and Kukoc helping Jordan out.

Kidd was old but still good enough as a pure PG to give you 8 assists per game in 30 minutes. Dunno what you mean about Chandler, he was a complete fucking beast that year.
7/20/14 10:55 AM
pray for japan

Tomato Can -
pray for japan - 

Kidd was old but still good enough as a pure PG to give you 8 assists per game in 30 minutes. Dunno what you mean about Chandler, he was a complete fucking beast that year.
ricky rubio is both a better defender at this point of his career and dishes out more assists than kidd in 2011.. pekovic is a 18 pt and 9 reb player every night. per 36 minutes hes a 20-10 player. kevin martin scored 20 pts a game last season!!! pretty wild really.. thats better arguably better than what dirk won a title with but thats definitely better than the mavs last year. kevin love is not in a unique situation of his team sucking so badly that hes he only "superstar" to not play in the post season yet EVER. other have done more with less year after year in the west Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:36 PM
NAAFS
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinkle - Bennett is definitely expendable, dude was a bust, they could've had Nerlens Noel (how he fell to 6 is ridiculous), what a stupid, stupid pick (thought that on draft day, so hindsight only reinforces that).

NO way should they trade Wiggins for Love. Who cares if the Warriors get Love, when thy get knocked out in the 2nd round of playoffs in the West, Love will be begging to come to the East and the Cavs.

Wiggins is a once in a decade player, he could be Lebron's Pippen, and later become devastating with Kyrie in the weak East coast. Giving Wiggins up would be the biggest mistake in Cavs history if it happens, and I love Love. Phone Post 3.0
Bennett and Waiters plus a pick was offered and wolves denied it. I agree Bennett was a bust last year but the kid can play and has shown flashes of greatness at times. He's lost 20 lbs and is injury free. Plus has a year under his belt to adjust to life in the nba. I think he's only 20 yrs old lol. Watch this kid become a breakout star this year playing with Lebron. Which is one reason I'd do the trade with Wiggins. But I'll admit that I'm starting to love the idea of keeping all of our young talent here and watching it play out. All guys we drafted makes it more special. I think the wolves will regret not making that trade down the road.

It really comes down to who Lebron wants. We know if he wants love, Gilbert will go out and get him. I have yet to hear or read anything Lebron has said even mentioning playing with Wiggins.

Either way the cavs are in a great spot. From a 1.6% chance of getting The first pick to now having Lebron, Wiggins and maybe Love is pretty insane. Maybe the sports gods got tired of fucking with us? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:39 PM
JasonJ

wiggins plays defense.
7/20/14 1:20 PM
Savitar
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep Wiggins and whatever else Wolves are trying to get.

That dude isn't just "athletic", he's jumping over guys to get rebounds and blocking Centers in summer league.

7/20/14 1:35 PM
BackAndLeft
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Minnesota is acting like they have the leverage. Love is gone regardless. They should've taken the original offer from Golden State if Klay Thompson was being offered. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 2:09 PM
NAAFS
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackAndLeft - Minnesota is acting like they have the leverage. Love is gone regardless. They should've taken the original offer from Golden State if Klay Thompson was being offered. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. Longer this drags out the less leverage they have. Don't think the cavs are going to pull the trigger at this point. At least not with Wiggins Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 2:49 PM
RKing85
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you need to win this year, then Love. If you can wait 3 years, then Wiggins.
7/20/14 9:22 PM
pray for japan

NAAFS -
Kinkle - Bennett is definitely expendable, dude was a bust, they could've had Nerlens Noel (how he fell to 6 is ridiculous), what a stupid, stupid pick (thought that on draft day, so hindsight only reinforces that).

NO way should they trade Wiggins for Love. Who cares if the Warriors get Love, when thy get knocked out in the 2nd round of playoffs in the West, Love will be begging to come to the East and the Cavs.

Wiggins is a once in a decade player, he could be Lebron's Pippen, and later become devastating with Kyrie in the weak East coast. Giving Wiggins up would be the biggest mistake in Cavs history if it happens, and I love Love. Phone Post 3.0
Bennett and Waiters plus a pick was offered and wolves denied it. I agree Bennett was a bust last year but the kid can play and has shown flashes of greatness at times. He's lost 20 lbs and is injury free. Plus has a year under his belt to adjust to life in the nba. I think he's only 20 yrs old lol. Watch this kid become a breakout star this year playing with Lebron. Which is one reason I'd do the trade with Wiggins. But I'll admit that I'm starting to love the idea of keeping all of our young talent here and watching it play out. All guys we drafted makes it more special. I think the wolves will regret not making that trade down the road.

It really comes down to who Lebron wants. We know if he wants love, Gilbert will go out and get him. I have yet to hear or read anything Lebron has said even mentioning playing with Wiggins.

Either way the cavs are in a great spot. From a 1.6% chance of getting The first pick to now having Lebron, Wiggins and maybe Love is pretty insane. Maybe the sports gods got tired of fucking with us? Phone Post 3.0
im with you. i have a feeling bennet is gonna pan out better this year with lebron in the fold.. dude looked awesome in summer league and came in with an nba body. he looked like a tub of lard last year and now its obvious the injury affected him. hes gonna be a decent rotation guy at the very least this year. he went shaquille o neal on some fools in summer league. the cavs are gonna be balling if they keep their young talent, especially wiggins and lebron on defense. thats gonna be miami heat wade/lebron circa 2012 v2.0 defense to fastbreak attack Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:29 PM
Johnny Eightball

Trading all your youth for love now is not good.

You are sacrificing a potential 10 year dynasty for a maxed out 5 year window with stars and bench scrubs. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:31 PM
pray for japan

^ yuup. WWGPD

what would gregg popovich do Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:42 PM
Cotton
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the Wolves lose Love for nothing.
7/20/14 9:54 PM
Samurai Clown
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better the wolves let love walk and have the cap space then take in cap fillers, busts and late first round picks.

I said it before and I'll say it again: wiggins ends up in Minnesota. They offered the #1 pick for love before the draft. They knew they were gonna get wiggins there. It's not like he fell to them. If love for the #1 pick was good enough for the cavs a few weeks ago, why not now? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:02 PM
RockTheVote
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any team but Cleveland? Wiggins. Cleveland can't afford to squander LeBron playing peak basketball. If they keep the kids they have a chance to contend for a decade. If they get love they will be the title favorite for five years. For a city that's never won, they gotta go with love. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:03 PM
Savitar
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samurai Clown - Better the wolves let love walk and have the cap space then take in cap fillers, busts and late first round picks.

I said it before and I'll say it again: wiggins ends up in Minnesota. They offered the #1 pick for love before the draft. They knew they were gonna get wiggins there. It's not like he fell to them. If love for the #1 pick was good enough for the cavs a few weeks ago, why not now? Phone Post 3.0

Beeeecause they signed Lebron James to a max contract?
7/20/14 10:07 PM
pray for japan

Samurai Clown - Better the wolves let love walk and have the cap space then take in cap fillers, busts and late first round picks.

if this were a big market team that would make sense. wolves need assets since cap space is useless if free agents wont come to minny. name a top free agent who signed with minnesota? thats right. they need assets to flip into better assets. scout well in the draft, maximise draft chances, develop players and basically tank until they get a legit franchise player who can take them to the playoffs. if they got wiggins in his rookie contract they just locked up a huge asset for 7 years atleast Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:11 PM
Samurai Clown
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Savitar -
Samurai Clown - Better the wolves let love walk and have the cap space then take in cap fillers, busts and late first round picks.

his deal is only 1-2 years at this point. He can leave after that. I don't think he will but at least it keeps the pressure there.

But they felt love was worth wiggins before the draft. Lebron is all of a sudden making them feel wiggins is not worth love? I don't buy it. I believe they are playing chicken with the wolves (not a bad idea because probably can't pick a more likely team to fuck this up). Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:15 PM
Samurai Clown

pray for japan -
Samurai Clown - Better the wolves let love walk and have the cap space then take in cap fillers, busts and late first round picks.

if this were a big market team that would make sense. wolves need assets since cap space is useless if free agents wont come to minny. name a top free agent who signed with minnesota? thats right. they need assets to flip into better assets. scout well in the draft, maximise draft chances, develop players and basically tank until they get a legit franchise player who can take them to the playoffs. if they got wiggins in his rookie contract they just locked up a huge asset for 7 years atleast Phone Post 3.0
I totally agree. No one is coming to Minnesota. No one has ever come to Minnesota except Kevin Martin.

I think you are missing my point. The wolves shouldn't just take any trade that comes their way. They shouldnt just take Barnes/lee or Bennett/waiters just because that's what comes their way. Why handcuff with bad deals just because that's what was offered? It should be wiggins or bust for the wolves. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:15 PM
Kinkle

Savitar -

Yeah signing Love would've been a great move to lure Lebron (or another big FA) to Cleveland, the fact they already have Lebron means they don't need Love to lure anybody there.

There is no reason for Cleveland to be desperate now. Cleveland is in the best position to lure a big name PF in the future, giving Wiggins up now makes no sense. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:22 PM
pray for japan

Samurai Clown -
pray for japan -

I totally agree. No one is coming to Minnesota. No one has ever come to Minnesota except Kevin Martin.

I think you are missing my point. The wolves shouldn't just take any trade that comes their way. They shouldnt just take Barnes/lee or Bennett/waiters just because that's what comes their way. Why handcuff with bad deals just because that's what was offered? It should be wiggins or bust for the wolves. Phone Post 3.0
cos bennet/waiters picks is better than nothing. those are assets that can be developed. waiters not so much cos his extension is coming soon.. but bennet is good cos hes paid in peanuts for three more years. picks can be traded for better assets

its not like love will suddenly bring them to the playoffs. hes had that chance multiple times, never delivered even in the regular season. trade him and get assets, tank and hope to hit the jackpot in the lottery and draft Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:26 PM
RockTheVote
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New question. If Wiggins is on the table why hasn't mn said yes? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:32 PM
Samurai Clown

RockTheVote - New question. If Wiggins is on the table why hasn't mn said yes? Phone Post 3.0
From everything I've read, Cleveland is trying like crazy to get the deal done without putting wiggins on the table. But the strong belief is wiggins will be available if it comes down to it. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:55 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Samurai Clown - 
Savitar -

his deal is only 1-2 years at this point. He can leave after that. I don't think he will but at least it keeps the pressure there.

But they felt love was worth wiggins before the draft. Lebron is all of a sudden making them feel wiggins is not worth love? I don't buy it. I believe they are playing chicken with the wolves (not a bad idea because probably can't pick a more likely team to fuck this up). Phone Post 3.0

They weren't willing to trade Wiggins a few weeks ago for Love because they hadn't yet gotten Lebron and Love gave no indication he would stay with the Cavs past this year. If Lebron left after a year or 2, Love most likely would also. Wiggins would be under a rookie contract. It all makes more sense to keep Wiggins. Again, why do they need Love? They have at least 3 legit scorers right now not including Wiggins. At some point you have to say ok we have enough offense, we would get more bang for our buck to have a better defense than to redistribute the points we are gonna score regardless
7/20/14 11:01 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

13alls - Can't believe Minnesota is giving up Love for 2 players who haven't proven anything, and a first round pick. They're crazy, in my opinion. They need to start talking to GS about throwing Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes their way.

You have to look at it from their perspective, guys want to leave there. Marbury, Garnett, now Love. These guys who have been in the league for a couple of years will either develop into borderline allstars and they will have to pay them max contracts for them to stay or they will develop into legit allstars and they have no chance of keeping them. The best they can hope for is unproved guys with potential. Sad but true

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.