UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 4Chan tracks down girls who killed rare tortoise

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
7/19/14 5:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GucciGucciGucci
1179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FYI

4chan targets Florida teens who set an endangered tortoise on fire

By Greg Seals on

Warning: This story contains graphic content that may be NSFW. 

Two North Florida girls are in hot water—off- and online—after torturing a rare gopher tortoise and sharing the footage online.

The teens, as catalogued in graphic and disturbing videos they posted to YouTube and Facebook, attempted to burn the turtle multiple times. Unsatisfied, they threw it against the hard pavement multiple times, taunted it, and ultimately stomped it to death, all the while laughing and delighting in its suffering.

In posting the videos online, however, the girls only assisted in the Internet’s attempts at serving up vigilante justice for the gopher tortoise, who was listed as a threatend species in Florida in 2007. Earlier this week, 4chan’s /b/ board commenced with a doxing effort—doxing refers to the public release of private, identifying information—dubbed “Operation Shell Shock.”

Using stills from the videos, the /b/ board members were able to gelocate the address that the video was filmed at and the supposed home of one of the girls. After an exhaustive combing of social media, members began sending out email blasts to local media outlets, as well as Ridgeview High School, detailing the girls' actions and their supposed identities. The Florida Times-Union, while unable to confirm the identities of the girls, aged
15 and 18, has confirmed through friends and local law enforcement that the two are indeed students at the Orange Park, Fla., high school.

MORE:

http://www.dailydot.com/crime/florida-girls-kill-rare-tortoise/

7/19/14 5:38 PM
Kelvin Gastelum fan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goodfuckem'.jpg
7/19/14 5:38 PM
grady
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol. RIP endangered tortoise killas' private lives
7/19/14 5:42 PM
jcblass
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sick people. I hope they are dealt with harshly.
7/19/14 5:43 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck these bastards! I'd say even if most teens do/have done stupid stuff, 99%+ have NEVER tortured animals. It takes a special kind of scum to do so. I hope they get all kind of bad stuff sent their way.
7/19/14 5:43 PM
Josh
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

* insert bugs bunny florida gif here*

7/19/14 5:44 PM
bruised
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, couldn't happen to a better couple of ladies. I hope they get all of the attention their fathers never have them. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 5:45 PM
thebearbohland
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sprawl'n'Stall - Fuck these bastards! I'd say even if most teens do/have done stupid stuff, 99%+ have NEVER tortured animals. It takes a special kind of scum to do so. I hope they get all kind of bad stuff sent their way.
I have a hard time disciplining my dog let alone hurting him I couldn't even imagine Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 5:53 PM
TheGreatGodMARS
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass girls.
This is why you gotta be on your best behavior on and offline.
Never know who you might piss off.
And these people can ruin lives. Phone Post
7/19/14 5:55 PM
Moke
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/14 5:56 PM
lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls. On the other hand, what teenaged boy hasn't shot/burned/crushed or otherwise killed a rat/bird/lizard/squirrel or what have you?

They're TEENAGERS. It's the temporarily insane part of your life.

But then like I said, girls torturing animals is pretty unusual.
7/19/14 6:02 PM
Igotyourmoney
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. You can watch the videos on the Nevada voters for animals Facebook page. Pretty twisted and psychotic. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:06 PM
B_Goetz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Moke. This is unfortunate, but not uncommon. Kids' brains aren't fully developed at that age.
7/19/14 6:06 PM
Soul Gravy

Moke - lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls. On the other hand, what teenaged boy hasn't shot/burned/crushed or otherwise killed a rat/bird/lizard/squirrel or what have you?

It's never understandable, boys or girls, teenage or not.
7/19/14 6:08 PM
CDarwin
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls. On the other hand, what teenaged boy hasn't shot/burned/crushed or otherwise killed a rat/bird/lizard/squirrel or what have you?

I never came close to have "shot/burned/crushed"animals as a teen.

7/19/14 6:08 PM
grady
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are from Florida tho
7/19/14 6:13 PM
Igotyourmoney
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I never tortured animals as a kid, I have loved some Lightning Bugs and Rolly Polly's to death tho. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:16 PM
Moke
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grady - 

They are from Florida tho

lol, NOW it all makes sense!
7/19/14 6:17 PM
TOAO

Hope those girls get caught on fire. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:19 PM
Jhay
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ummm.....i'm not sure who your friends were growing up...but torturing animals is not normal. You might want to go see someone about this, cuz dude if you tortured animals as a kid, then man idk, you're really fucked up in the head.
7/19/14 6:19 PM
Moke

CDarwin - 

I never came close to have "shot/burned/crushed"animals as a teen.

I never said ALL boys do it, however it is common/normal behavior for boys whether you like it or not. I didn't create reality I just observe it.

Maybe you can vote me down for the sun rising in the east next.
7/19/14 6:20 PM
gabemadrid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never hurt an animal or had a desire to Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:22 PM
KneeUpperCut Ios

I was once testing out a slingshot and fired a rock into a tree. Out flew a bird - dropping on the ground dead. Felt like shit and threw the slingshot into the trash. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:27 PM
Moke

Maybe I'm dating myself, but when I was a kid you spent ALL DAY outside. You came across wildlife in the form of rodents, ants, birds, insects, mongoose etc., on a minute to minute basis. For "toys" you had pellet guns, matches, fire-crackers, magnifying glasses etc.

Mix all those things together with childhood and bad things occasionally happen. If you grew up playing X-Box in a air conditioned room all day, maybe not so much.

But yes, some kids were exceptionally cruel. You could tell that no good was going to come of them when they grew up, that's for sure.
7/19/14 6:32 PM
Moke

Edited: 07/19/14 6:34 PM
...nowadays I feel like a wuss. My son has a little monarch butterfly hatchery, and the other day one butterfly came out of its pupa deformed. It only had three legs, and one antenna had formed directly into one of the wings. It tried for 2 days to dry out and fly. But it was too deformed to ever fly or be able to do anything but sit there, dehydrate, and starve.

So I decided the only civilized thing to do was to end its suffering. So I did, but I can't believe how much it bothered me to do it.
7/19/14 6:35 PM
SysAdminOfSpreadSheets

Moke - ...nowadays I feel like a wuss. My son has a little monarch butterfly hatchery, and the other day one butterfly came out of its pupa deformed. It only had three legs, and one antenna had formed directly into one of the wings. It tried for 2 days to dry out and fly. But it was too deformed to ever fly or be able to do anything but sit there, dehydrate, and starve.

So I decided the only civilized thing to do was to end its suffering. So I did, but I can't believe how much it bothered me to do it.
Dig that hole. Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.