UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 4Chan tracks down girls who killed rare tortoise

7/19/14 6:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SysAdminOfSpreadSheets
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - ...nowadays I feel like a wuss. My son has a little monarch butterfly hatchery, and the other day one butterfly came out of its pupa deformed. It only had three legs, and one antenna had formed directly into one of the wings. It tried for 2 days to dry out and fly. But it was too deformed to ever fly or be able to do anything but sit there, dehydrate, and starve.

So I decided the only civilized thing to do was to end its suffering. So I did, but I can't believe how much it bothered me to do it.
Dig that hole. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:36 PM
kindofawesome

Moke -
CDarwin - 
Moke - lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls. On the other hand, what teenaged boy hasn't shot/burned/crushed or otherwise killed a rat/bird/lizard/squirrel or what have you?

They're TEENAGERS. It's the temporarily insane part of your life.

But then like I said, girls torturing animals is pretty unusual.

I never came close to have "shot/burned/crushed"animals as a teen.

I never said ALL boys do it, however it is common/normal behavior for boys whether you like it or not. I didn't create reality I just observe it.

Maybe you can vote me down for the sun rising in the east next.
It's not common nor normal to kill animals for fun. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:39 PM
Moke
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winter is coming fren...
7/19/14 6:41 PM
The Man With No Screen Name
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - Agree with Moke. This is unfortunate, but not uncommon. Kids' brains aren't fully developed at that age.
My 3 year old would not do that shit. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:42 PM
Moke
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three, and you are staking a claim on all of his future behavior already? Good luck with that!
7/19/14 6:47 PM
poonhunter 5000
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to do some seriously evil shit to bugs, but never actual animals. And fuck harming a turtle. I always had a soft spot for turtles.

I like turtles. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:49 PM
poonhunter 5000
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at the PETArds in this thread. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:50 PM
JimSteele

Moke - lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls. On the other hand, what teenaged boy hasn't shot/burned/crushed or otherwise killed a rat/bird/lizard/squirrel or what have you?

It's disgusting psychopathic behavior. I never shot/burned/crushed or otherwise tortured any animals when I was a teenager, and I did a TON of absolutely retarded things. The furthest I or any of my friends ever went was to shoot cows with a paintball using a slingshot(never in the face), but that is stupid harassment that did absolutely no damage to the animal, not psychotic killing.

Yes, it is completely normal and expected for teenagers to do insanely stupid and irresponsible shit, but it's not at all normal when that shit involves torturing and killing animals.

Pooping on your neighbors doorstep, egging a house, skipping class, etc. = normal dumb teenager behavior. Lighting a turtle on fire and then stomping it to death, or burning/crushing a squirrel = not normal.
7/19/14 6:55 PM
Jack Carter
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - ...nowadays I feel like a wuss. My son has a little monarch butterfly hatchery, and the other day one butterfly came out of its pupa deformed. It only had three legs, and one antenna had formed directly into one of the wings. It tried for 2 days to dry out and fly. But it was too deformed to ever fly or be able to do anything but sit there, dehydrate, and starve.

So I decided the only civilized thing to do was to end its suffering. So I did, but I can't believe how much it bothered me to do it.

That's what happens................. when you decide to play God!

7/19/14 6:56 PM
Seven Heavens

Setting a turtle on fire?

What the fuck??? Jesus christ we need to start killing off the broken people.
7/19/14 6:58 PM
Seven Heavens

poonhunter 5000 - I used to do some seriously evil shit to bugs, but never actual animals. And fuck harming a turtle. I always had a soft spot for turtles.

See here's the thing - us normal older people did this. We spent all day outside hanging out with critters - sometimes we shot things with pellet guns, we definitely burned ants, but setting a turtle on fire, and watching it burn to death, no, we didn't do that and guess what if you lit animals on fire and watched them burn ( and yes I know insects are part of the animal kingdom - so don't split hairs like some cunt )then were and most likely are fucked up.
7/19/14 7:01 PM
Jack Carter
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/14 7:01 PM
Seven Heavens - 
poonhunter 5000 - I used to do some seriously evil shit to bugs, but never actual animals. And fuck harming a turtle. I always had a soft spot for turtles.

See here's the thing - us normal older people did this. We spent all day outside hanging out with critters - sometimes we shot things with pellet guns, we definitely burned ants, but setting a turtle on fire, and watching it burn to death, no, we didn't do that and guess what if you lit animals on fire and watched them burn ( and yes I know insects are part of the animal kingdom - so don't split hairs like some cunt )then were and most likely are fucked up.

We would shoot black bumble bees with our bb guns, burn ants with magnifying glasses, feed grasshoppers to ant colonies to observe the process, etc

Setting a little turtle on fire? Nope. Fuck nope.

7/19/14 7:01 PM
kindofawesome

FLIP IT -
kindofawesome - 
Moke -
CDarwin - 

I never came close to have "shot/burned/crushed"animals as a teen.

I never said ALL boys do it, however it is common/normal behavior for boys whether you like it or not. I didn't create reality I just observe it.

Maybe you can vote me down for the sun rising in the east next.
It's not common nor normal to kill animals for fun. Phone Post 3.0

How the fuck can you fags use the words burned, crushed and SHOT in the same demeaning manor.

LOL@ you city living pussies, people shoot shit, this is America!
Durp durp Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:02 PM
Yomarashi

Holy shit I used to live around there Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:04 PM
Lux Fixxins

Tortoises are awesome.

Fuck these two Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:04 PM
moiststpierre
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rip little turtle Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:11 PM
GhettoDestro
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal torture is fucked up.

I grew up outside alot, not saying I didnt do dumb ignorant shit.

Would it be acceptable if they were taking its life to make turtle soup? My grandmas neighbor was native american and cultivated and raised turtles to consume... Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:13 PM
Moke

Just for technical purposes, I'd like to know what the measuring stick is. And what is the order of things?

Does it go, plant, insect, reptile, mammal, human being?

Where is the line EXACTLY, and who determines the line?

Is it a technical matter at all or an emotional one?
7/19/14 7:15 PM
Sogsteel
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My condolences June Carter Gopher Tortoise.
7/19/14 7:19 PM
Moke

Sadistically destroying bugs, though I never did it myself because I loved insects as a kid, is more understandable than killing and torturing vertebrates and feeling animals. If that's the norm among kids (and I don't believe it is) all it means is that people are born cruel and that there's serious meanness in most of us.

lol, why is everyone SO dramatic? Kids aren't BORN CRUEL, they are simply born ignorant, immature, and haven't developed a broad spectrum of empathy yet. Is this a big surprise to everyone?
7/19/14 7:20 PM
Nitecrawler
2008 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
Later Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:21 PM
Nitecrawler
2008 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
Josh -

* insert bugs bunny florida gif here*

Bugs is not doing a good enough job IMO.

Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:22 PM
Jack Carter

Edited: 07/19/14 7:25 PM
Moke - Just for technical purposes, I'd like to know what the measuring stick is. And what is the order of things?

When I shot bumblebees it was target practice. There was no joy in actually shooting them.

When I fed insects to ant colonies, it was pure curiosity. I wanted to see how fast they could devour an insect. I would spend a good portion of the day observing the entire process.

There was none of that psychotic pleasure in killing these insects. I'd feel bad about doing those things now, but when you're a kid, you're incredibly curious and you will do things because of it. One of those things is not setting a turtle on fire and laughing.

7/19/14 7:25 PM
Moke

Jack Carter - 
Moke - Just for technical purposes, I'd like to know what the measuring stick is. And what is the order of things?

When I shot bumblebees it was target practice. There was no joy in actually shooting them.

When I fed insects to ant colonies, it was pure curiosity. I wanted to see how fast they could devour an insect. I would spend a good portion of the day observing the entire process.

There was none of that psychotic pleasure in killing these insects. I can't do those things now, but when you're a kid, you're incredibly curious and you will do things because of it.

That's the same for 99% of us kids. However I don't need to remind you that the animal couldn't care less if you enjoyed it or not. It still died horribly.
7/19/14 7:27 PM
Jack Carter

But the point is, I didn't extract any pleasure from the act of killing or harming them. I didn't do it because I wanted to kill or watch something suffer while laughing

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.