UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 4Chan tracks down girls who killed rare tortoise

7/19/14 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Carter
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, kids can be dumb by burning ants with a magnifying glass. We all did it.

The problem for most of us is that you are equating what we all did as dumb little kids to a 15 & 18-year-old setting a turtle on fire, throwing it against a wall repetaedly and then stoming on it until it finally died.

7/19/14 8:40 PM
Team GDP's cancerous testicle
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - 
It's not normal. Catching 'hoppers and watching ants eat them is. Catching lizards, building a shitty habitat for them and catching insects to feed to the lizard is normal.

Ok so apparently the line is insects. It's ok to oppress torture and kill insects. This was all I was asking...for the objective line where fun is separated from cruelty.

yay intellectual dishonesty to continue a troll !

that's where I cross the line good sir!

"It's ok to oppress torture and kill" do better. harder
7/19/14 8:42 PM
KenBania
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://members.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2014-07-16/story/orange-park-girls-under-investigation-after-graphic-video-gopher?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+JacksonvillecomNews+%28Jacksonville+Local+News+–+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29

ugh. Little cunts
7/19/14 8:43 PM
Moke
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/14 8:46 PM
Jack Carter - 

Yes, kids can be dumb by burning ants with a magnifying glass. We all did it.

The problem for most of us is that you are equating what we all did as dumb little kids to a 15 & 18-year-old setting a turtle on fire, throwing it against a wall repetaedly and then stoming on it until it finally died.

Well yes and no...in a sense I'm equating it, but not really. In a sense yes, because I think teenagers can be even MORE fucked in the head than an innocent kid. Thus my original comment about the phase of our life I referred to as, "temporary insanity"...especially if you're being raised by tards in Florida.

My original reaction to the original post though was one of sadness for all. Sad for the turtle. Sad for the pathetic behavior of these chicks. Sad for whatever made them this way. But also sad that 4chan went after them as though they were adult child molesters.

It just came across to me as professional, "stone throwing" with the OG piling on as stone throwers. As though no one from 4chan nor anyone on the OG has ever done anything fucked up that they regret. No, everyone here will eventually be canonized by the Vatican.

That's all. See, my far reaching sense of empathy even blanketed those fucked up girls. Ironically, I got pegged as a sociopath for that.
7/19/14 8:50 PM
Sambist007
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bleed guys forgotton nike swoosh -
Moke -
CDarwin - 
Moke - lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls. On the other hand, what teenaged boy hasn't shot/burned/crushed or otherwise killed a rat/bird/lizard/squirrel or what have you?

They're TEENAGERS. It's the temporarily insane part of your life.

But then like I said, girls torturing animals is pretty unusual.

I never came close to have "shot/burned/crushed"animals as a teen.

I never said ALL boys do it, however it is common/normal behavior for boys whether you like it or not. I didn't create reality I just observe it.

Maybe you can vote me down for the sun rising in the east next.
I get where Moke is coming from. I used to shoot birdsas a teenager with a slug gun. These days, in my 30's, I'll dodge ants so I don't tread on them.

I've never purposely tortured anything though.

Moke's point about living out doors as a kid is very valid. At 12 years old we'd Fuck off on our bikes for the day and only return when the sun went down. Phone Post 3.0
He absolutely has a point.

Seems like most everyone agrees that the level these girls went to is well past any sort of line in the sand most of us would draw. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 9:24 PM
Lux Fixxins
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FLIP IT - Im not condoning what these girls did at all, in fact I wont even watch the video, but equating this type of behavior with shooting something is plain ass crazy talk.
This.

Also, gopher tortoises are not rare at all.

But tortoises are awesome. Fuck them. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 9:28 PM
Jack Carter
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who was equating what these girls did with shooting something?

7/19/14 9:28 PM
Smith1234
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Question - if someone as a child pulled the legs off daddy long legs, and also hit lightning bugs with a wiffle ball bat, is that terrible or somewhat normal?

I'm just curious. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 9:33 PM
Jack Carter

Edited: 07/19/14 9:32 PM
Smith1234 - Question - if someone as a child pulled the legs off daddy long legs, and also hit lightning bugs with a wiffle ball bat, is that terrible or somewhat normal?

I'm just curious. Phone Post 3.0

Still normal

7/19/14 9:38 PM
Smith1234
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I thought ees normal. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 9:46 PM
Moke
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ees normal for now. That's why I asked where the objective line was. Because in 20 years be prepared to be considered a monster.
7/19/14 9:48 PM
Choochy
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only time I can think of hurting an animal that wasn't a bug as a kid/teen is when I beat a Porcupine with a hockey stick.

It hit my dog in the face in the backyard.

Dog was leashed and it came up to him and the dog lunged.

Whole thing was weird, was worried it was rabid. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 9:49 PM
Moke

M O N S T E R
7/19/14 10:03 PM
Moke

Edited: 07/19/14 10:04 PM
For the record, this little social investigation was an amusing one. Over the last week I have been involved in a handful of controversial threads. Threads about the Israel Gaza situation, abortion, immigration, the fatherless black children situation, and, "Are Koreans the most racist?" threads.

Despite openly discussing my opinion on all of these threads, my vote count has heldy stead all week. Unchanged. Then in this thread about a turtle, I've lost 7 votes in ONE HOUR.

What does that tell you?
7/19/14 10:03 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I must be a monster because I don't give a shit about what they did to the turtle. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 10:05 PM
Moke

Oh poor Pete. I hope you have thick skin!
7/19/14 10:13 PM
Jack Carter

Moke - Ees normal for now. That's why I asked where the objective line was. Because in 20 years be prepared to be considered a monster.

It will always be normal for little kids to use a magnifying glass on ants or to see what happens when they feed an insect to an ant colony

You alwyas knew where the objective line was, but you still tried to equate what we all did as kids with what these girls did by saying "we were all dumb kids" and saying that the "pleasure" we got out of observing ants eat insects was no different

Moke, you're honest about what you did as a kid, but you're not being honest about how you really feel about where the "objective line is". Here is your quote:

" lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls."

If these were teenage boys, you would understand? You are in the great minority in that sentiment because most of us are male and most of us are no longer teenagers and most of us have not done anything like that as teenagers or as children and most of us grew up without internet, without computers, playing with our BB guns, creating fires, building firecracker bombs, etc. Most of us came from that general "lets go outside, wander into the wild, and fuck shit up" attitude, but we have never done anything like what those girls did.

You also equated what they did with what a coyote would do:

"Keep in mind that if a coyote got ahold of that tortoise later that night, it would probably have spent a good 4 hours torturing it while trying to get past its shell to kill and eat it."

You also equate what we got out of observing ants consuming insects with what these girls got out of setting a turtle on fire and stomping it to death:

"btw, satisfying your curiosity was deriving pleasure. So their torture and deaths did give you pleasure...or you wouldn't have done it."

You keep defending them by equating what they did with what is normal for little boys do:

"lol, why is everyone SO dramatic? Kids aren't BORN CRUEL, they are simply born ignorant, immature, and haven't developed a broad spectrum of empathy yet. (talking about an 18-year-old)"

You're hiding something.......... what did you do Moke?

7/19/14 10:19 PM
Jack Carter

FLIP IT - 
Moke - Ees normal for now. That's why I asked where the objective line was. Because in 20 years be prepared to be considered a monster.

100% correct! Letting people get away with this "dog is a family member" bullshit was a downward spiral thats not going to stop.

Yeah, those god damned Cavemen over 15,000 years ago really fucked everyone over!

7/19/14 10:23 PM
Jack Carter

FLIP IT - Back in 93' I was asked by a teacher "What was our society becoming?" I responded "A bunch of animal loving faggots!"

I feel like a prophet for that foresight.

You could have just said "We're becoming civilized. I fucking hate it!"

7/19/14 10:29 PM
Drugs_Delaney
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - For the record, this little social investigation was an amusing one. Over the last week I have been involved in a handful of controversial threads. Threads about the Israel Gaza situation, abortion, immigration, the fatherless black children situation, and, "Are Koreans the most racist?" threads.

Despite openly discussing my opinion on all of these threads, my vote count has heldy stead all week. Unchanged. Then in this thread about a turtle, I've lost 7 votes in ONE HOUR.

What does that tell you?

you pay too much attention to the faggot sticks next to your name?
7/19/14 10:31 PM
OCMikey
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to buy baby chickens from the pet store, shove firecrackers in their beaks and light then Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 10:31 PM
Moke

Jack Carter - 

It will always be normal for little kids to use a magnifying glass on ants or to see what happens when they feed an insect to an ant colony

You alwyas knew where the objective line was, but you still tried to equate what we all did as kids with what these girls did by saying "we were all dumb kids" and saying that the "pleasure" we got out of observing ants eat insects was no different

Moke, you're honest about what you did as a kid, but you're not being honest about how you really feel about where the "objective line is". Here is your quote:

" lol, if they were teenaged boys I could understand...the only reason it's disturbing is because that's pretty unusual for girls."

If these were teenage boys, you would understand? You are in the great minority in that sentiment because most of us are male and most of us are no longer teenagers and most of us have not done anything like that as teenagers or as children and most of us grew up without internet, without computers, playing with our BB guns, creating fires, building firecracker bombs, etc. Most of us came from that general "lets go outside, wander into the wild, and fuck shit up" attitude, but we have never done anything like what those girls did.

You also equated what they did with what a coyote would do:

"Keep in mind that if a coyote got ahold of that tortoise later that night, it would probably have spent a good 4 hours torturing it while trying to get past its shell to kill and eat it."

You also equate what we got out of observing ants consuming insects with what these girls got out of setting a turtle on fire and stomping it to death:

"btw, satisfying your curiosity was deriving pleasure. So their torture and deaths did give you pleasure...or you wouldn't have done it."

You keep defending them by equating what they did with what is normal for little boys do:

"lol, why is everyone SO dramatic? Kids aren't BORN CRUEL, they are simply born ignorant, immature, and haven't developed a broad spectrum of empathy yet. (talking about an 18-year-old)"

You're hiding something.......... what did you do Moke?

I am saying that it doesn't matter WHAT your motive for pleasure was. The objective reality is pain and death. You say you're innocent because you were just satisfying "curiosity". Curiosity is what drives scientists to become scientists. They do it because they love it. Satisfying curiosity BRINGS THEM PLEASURE. As it did you. In the meantime, the suffering and death is identical to the suffering and death being done by a sociopath.

I'm admitting that I didn't burn ants out of curiosity. I did it because for a young kid, it was fun. I was a mighty space invader beaming down a burning ray of death from my ship. That's called being a kid.

Kids aren't born cruel, they're just born kids.

The only objective line I see are kids/teenagers who chronically search out animals to torture, mutilate, and kill. The neighborhood cats and dogs etc...these people are future serial killers. AND THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.
7/19/14 10:33 PM
Caladan
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KneeUpperCut Ios - I was once testing out a slingshot and fired a rock into a tree. Out flew a bird - dropping on the ground dead. Felt like shit and threw the slingshot into the trash. Phone Post 3.0

This is literally an Andy Griffith show episode.
7/19/14 10:33 PM
Grimmus
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - I must be a monster because I don't give a shit about what they did to the turtle. Phone Post 3.0

you may be trolling but you actually have a point..you and your entire family could be burned alive tomorrow..I'd post RIP probably on here and then go about my day as usual and not give even a little fuck.

seriously..truth
7/19/14 10:40 PM
Moke

Grimmus - 
Pessimist_Pete - I must be a monster because I don't give a shit about what they did to the turtle. Phone Post 3.0

you may be trolling but you actually have a point..you and your entire family could be burned alive tomorrow..I'd post RIP probably on here and then go about my day as usual and not give even a little fuck.

seriously..truth

This is kinda my point here. People care less about human suffering than a reptile.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.