UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> McGregor cheated...

7/19/14 5:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoopDooper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faked the glove touch, used fence to defend Diego's best takedown attempt, blatantly held fence again to keep position for finish.

Benji Radach vs Steve Berger got overturned for that at UFC 37.

Yes, Conor probably would have won regardless, but the rules are the rules. He broke them. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:06 PM
Jimmy Wrassler
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandao waved off the glove touch, clear the sand and move on

I didnt notice Connor grabing the cage a bunch but it he was and other fighters were warned (to the point of overkill in the McCall fight) then it shouldnt change for the local fighter. 

7/19/14 6:15 PM
sillyscreenname

Defend yourself at all times.
7/19/14 6:23 PM
rrryan
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sillyscreenname - Defend yourself at all times.
This Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:27 PM
BackOffWarchild
465 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He blatantly grabbed the cage to stop a takedown in the first minute.  No point in discussing it here, the UG seems to think he's the second coming.  Fan favorites are allowed to get away with it, like Forrest grabbing the cage to get mount in the 3rd round against Shogun, or Rashad grabbing the cage to save losing a UD to Tito.

7/19/14 6:28 PM
rgONE
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the grabbing of the fence is the worst. something needs to be done in the rules about that. a reset, a placement of position on the ground, something...
it can change the complexion of a fight too much to just warn a guy. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:30 PM
BigFightFan
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look, Brandao did the hand roll, came out to Sandstorm, ala Wanderlei, so by process of elimination this means he was probably on the horse meat too cos Wanderlei is/was. UG Logic.

Evens itself out of course. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:32 PM
Team Alpha Snail
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought you were going to say he should be banned for the PED named luck of the Irish! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:32 PM
Team Alpha Snail
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigFightFan - Look, Brandao did the hand roll, came out to Sandstorm, ala Wanderlei, so by process of elimination this means he was probably on the horse meat too cos Wanderlei is/was. UG Logic.

Evens itself out of course. Phone Post 3.0
I like this! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 6:39 PM
Elias Cepeda
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, McGregor didn't fake a glove touch and I didn't see a fence grab. He was pressing against the cage during the finish. That's not against the rules. 

7/19/14 6:39 PM
tecknowledge

soo.... ban op?
7/19/14 6:41 PM
Lick Boners

Definitely saw the cage grab
7/19/14 6:46 PM
Jimmy Wrassler
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - 

He blatantly grabbed the cage to stop a takedown in the first minute.  No point in discussing it here, the UG seems to think he's the second coming.  Fan favorites are allowed to get away with it, like Forrest grabbing the cage to get mount in the 3rd round against Shogun, or Rashad grabbing the cage to save losing a UD to Tito.

I didnt see it but if he did thats bullshit.  A little thing like that makes such a big difference in fights that they need to change something (along with half of the rules that are retarded)

7/19/14 6:49 PM
stonepony

"Nothing to see here"
Other than a pretty nice kick.

Needs to confer with Rogan though. Keeps his knee too low.
7/19/14 6:50 PM
stonepony

Elias Cepeda - 

Yeah, McGregor didn't fake a glove touch and I didn't see a fence grab. He was pressing against the cage during the finish. That's not against the rules. 

He grabbed the cage, at least once. It was the kind of grab that happens in every fight though.
7/19/14 7:02 PM
Rambo John J
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think judging should be changed to 5 point rounds.

Points are deducted for the first nut shot, first eye gouge poke, or first fence grab.

when rules are being taken advantage of they need to be revised or enforced.

"Control your Weapons" - Kim WInslow

7/19/14 7:15 PM
PoopDooper

Ok, forget the glove touch issue, if that's what you're latching onto. I listed it first, because it happened first.

My big issue is the fence grabbing. Especially during the finish. It can make a big difference, not only in holding position, but also in adding leverage to blows that MAY not have been fight ending.

That's total bullshit. That is the most heinous way you can use the fence. It's outright cheating. It's not like defending a takedown, where things could have been potentially nullified anyways. It without a doubt, aided him in balancing and adding power to his strikes. End of story.
7/19/14 7:24 PM
PitbullTodd

conor is awesome and a star in the making but there's no doubt about it he defended diego's best takedown attempt with a fence grab.
7/19/14 7:28 PM
Elias Cepeda
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoopDooper - Ok, forget the glove touch issue, if that's what you're latching onto. I listed it first, because it happened first.

My big issue is the fence grabbing. Especially during the finish. It can make a big difference, not only in holding position, but also in adding leverage to blows that MAY not have been fight ending.

That's total bullshit. That is the most heinous way you can use the fence. It's outright cheating. It's not like defending a takedown, where things could have been potentially nullified anyways. It without a doubt, aided him in balancing and adding power to his strikes. End of story.
The glove touch issue didn't happen at all, mate. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:29 PM
Elias Cepeda

stonepony -
Elias Cepeda - 

He grabbed the cage, at least once. It was the kind of grab that happens in every fight though.
Gotcha. Ill have to watch again and see if I can spot it Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:30 PM
Moss4hFillsMyPeeFountain
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandao took the dive and the UFC hype train rolls on.
7/19/14 7:38 PM
Seekntruth
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish they would get rid of the fence grab rule altogether.

7/19/14 7:49 PM
ThatDudeButch
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoopDooper - Faked the glove touch, used fence to defend Diego's best takedown attempt, blatantly held fence again to keep position for finish.

Benji Radach vs Steve Berger got overturned for that at UFC 37.

Yes, Conor probably would have won regardless, but the rules are the rules. He broke them. Phone Post 3.0
Check the other thread about this. There's some illegal gifs there. Brandao waved off the glove touch. He came out in a hand forward stance. Blatantly obvious it wasn't a glove touch. Although your other points ring true. Lol. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 8:10 PM
PoopDooper

Why are all of you fixated on the fact that I mentioned the glove touch and not the fact that he really did hold on to the fence to secure the finish!?

WHAT THE FUCK?
7/19/14 8:13 PM
mijo

To be honest. No one did it worse than Jamie Varner vs Barbosa. Fence grab that is.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.