UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Just re-watched Cyborg vs. Carano, jebus.

7/19/14 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
onandon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAs68YcTzs

Gina had nothing for Cyborg, pillow fists and all.

I really hope Gina doesn't come back just for a fight against Ronda, she is going to get fucking savaged if she doesn't work her way back up. So stupid.
7/19/14 7:15 PM
PeterIrl
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was when Cyborg was pissing hotter than Fukushima.
7/19/14 7:22 PM
JoeHurley
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Tyson syndrome.  Intimidation, strength and aggression carried Cyborg but there was a lot of technique lacking and not the unbeatable destroyer that people seem to believe.  People remember Carano being mounted twice from Cyborg pulling guard/mount but she has done that in other fights as well.  Ground game is seriously lacking for the purple belt bjj skills she has.  I don't think Ronda is intimidated and honestly sees all kinds of opportunities in those pasts fights she would've took advantage of.

7/19/14 7:35 PM
LeaTher_fAcE

Another lousy rousey arm bar Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:38 PM
stonepony

The hulk Borg is dead. The hulk Borg won't be fighting anybody in the UFC. You must be a big Bob Sapp fan.
7/19/14 7:39 PM
CapnKindBud

Cyborg was all brute strength and no technique. That goes away when the horse meat goes away .
They should take it slow with Gina and let Ronda beat up Cyborg and then have the Cyborg (minus horsemeat) vs Gina rematch! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 7:40 PM
Galanis
1211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/14 7:39 PM

One thing to note, though, is that Gina did mount Cyborg. If she still has that hole in her game, even remotely, I think Rousey will exploit it.

7/19/14 7:41 PM
stonepony

CapnKindBud - Cyborg was all brute strength and no technique. That goes away when the horse meat goes away .
They should take it slow with Gina and let Ronda beat up Cyborg and then have the Cyborg (minus horsemeat) vs Gina rematch! Phone Post 3.0

I like how the guy claims Cyborg "pulled guard". Which is a nice way to describe the fact that she grabbed Gina, had no idea what to do, and just fell over with her randomly.

Kind of like her sub game. Grabbed her leg and grabbed her arm, wrenched them around randomly, then gave up and let go because she didn't have the technique to follow through.
7/19/14 7:41 PM
Dead President
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina/Cyborg have nothing for Rousey
7/19/14 8:04 PM
Darth Ryase
1431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need to feed Gina to Rousey while she still has ring rust. Like they'd risk her losing a tune up fight. Think of how much money they'll lose.

And remember, MMA is not a sport anymore. It's sports entertainment. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 8:12 PM
Decimated

right now, she exists as a legacy.  A few tarnishes upon that legacy (1) why didn't she come back? 2) her movies are stiff) but we still consider her to be the great auntie of WMMA. 

If she comes back, the dream, the legacy will be ripped from the past and put at grave risk.

A win against Rousey, as unlikely as that is, would not be believed by anyone, and they'd say "Ronda threw the fight".  No brilliant actor or rehearsal could make that believable.

A loss will send Gina (as i said in another thread) into a binge eating reclusive hell from which she'll never return.  Bad idea.  

She should preserve her legacy and not fight, and find a rich-ass boyfriend who can support her.

7/19/14 8:37 PM
AgedCaviar
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Decimated -

right now, she exists as a legacy.  A few tarnishes upon that legacy (1) why didn't she come back? 2) her movies are stiff) but we still consider her to be the great auntie of WMMA. 

If she comes back, the dream, the legacy will be ripped from the past and put at grave risk.

A win against Rousey, as unlikely as that is, would not be believed by anyone, and they'd say "Ronda threw the fight".  No brilliant actor or rehearsal could make that believable.

A loss will send Gina (as i said in another thread) into a binge eating reclusive hell from which she'll never return.  Bad idea.  

She should preserve her legacy and not fight, and find a rich-ass boyfriend who can support her.

I don't completely disagree but her movie career isn't really taking off and she has this great opportunity. Unfortunately she'll get outclassed by Rhonda but the risk of her losing a tune up fight is too great. IMHO the answer is putting carano against holms and having the winner fight ronda. Unfortunately I get the impression holm might actually be approaching this logically and I think she wants more than one fight before ronda. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 9:50 PM
JoeHurley
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The goal is to get Carano and Holm to fight Ronda.  Matching them up for a shot at Ronda makes no sense from a promotional standpoint because you devalue one of them as a title challenger.

You guys need to get past this "earn a title shot" mentality when it comes to women's MMA.  The fact is that there is a lack of name challengers that can provide a matcup to be sold to fans as a decent ppv draw.  The division just isn't very developed in these early stages.

7/19/14 10:02 PM
FCM

JoeHurley - 

Mike Tyson syndrome.  Intimidation, strength and aggression carried Cyborg but there was a lot of technique lacking and not the unbeatable destroyer that people seem to believe.  People remember Carano being mounted twice from Cyborg pulling guard/mount but she has done that in other fights as well.  Ground game is seriously lacking for the purple belt bjj skills she has.  I don't think Ronda is intimidated and honestly sees all kinds of opportunities in those pasts fights she would've took advantage of.

You hit the nail on the head.

Ronda isn't intimidated by Cyborg. I believe alot of the other girls were defeated before they got in the octagon.

It might go to points but Ronda will beat Cyborg after a few tough moments.
7/19/14 10:12 PM
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeHurley -

The goal is to get Carano and Holm to fight Ronda.  Matching them up for a shot at Ronda makes no sense from a promotional standpoint because you devalue one of them as a title challenger.

You guys need to get past this "earn a title shot" mentality when it comes to women's MMA.  The fact is that there is a lack of name challengers that can provide a matcup to be sold to fans as a decent ppv draw.  The division just isn't very developed in these early stages.

Boom! VU... Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 10:14 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

CapnKindBud - Cyborg was all brute strength and no technique. That goes away when the horse meat goes away .

Boom! I agree and would love it.
7/19/14 10:20 PM
MMALOGIC

Gina was fighting a man.

7/19/14 10:26 PM
ProteinOverdrive

I'll always respect Gina for fighting Cyborg. Rousey on the other hand, ran from Cyborg and is also annoying.
7/20/14 12:29 AM
Diesel67

ProteinOverdrive - I'll always respect Gina for fighting Cyborg. Rousey on the other hand, ran from Cyborg and is also annoying.

Exactly.  Why else did she go down to 135 when she competed successfully at 155?  She knew Cyborg couldn't make 135 without risking her health.  Cutting weight in MMA is a tragedy waiting to happen, and I don't want the best female fighter out there to be the lamb.

Oh, and Cyborg pissed hot only ONCE, and it wasn't against Gina.  You guys are just insecure around Amazons.

7/20/14 1:51 AM
JoeHurley

Diesel67 - 
ProteinOverdrive - I'll always respect Gina for fighting Cyborg. Rousey on the other hand, ran from Cyborg and is also annoying.

Exactly.  Why else did she go down to 135 when she competed successfully at 155?  She knew Cyborg couldn't make 135 without risking her health.  Cutting weight in MMA is a tragedy waiting to happen, and I don't want the best female fighter out there to be the lamb.

Oh, and Cyborg pissed hot only ONCE, and it wasn't against Gina.  You guys are just insecure around Amazons.

People seem to want to ignore it when Ronda said it herself on the Joe Rogan Experience, but she said she knew herself that she needed more experience before fighting Cyborg and wanted about 4 more fights.  She chose to go to 135 because that's where the competition was.  There's no conspiracy theory or need to drop weight classes just to avoid a fight with Cyborg that she didn't have to sign.  Then Cyborg failed a test and got suspended while Ronda went on to become UFc champ and here we are.

7/20/14 3:15 AM
smokey111

If you have Fight Pass http://www.ufc.tv/video/cristiane-santos-vs-gina-carano-strikeforce-carano-vs-cyborg

7/20/14 3:33 AM
ninjaboy562
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although I do not like Rhonda you cant deny she is getting a lot better. Gina coming in off all that time off and having her fight cyborg is wrong, she needs tune up fights. If that's the case then they brought her in to get her ass beat.
7/20/14 3:41 AM
stonepony

Diesel67 - 

Gullible.
7/20/14 3:48 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeHurley -
Diesel67 - 

People seem to want to ignore it when Ronda said it herself on the Joe Rogan Experience, but she said she knew herself that she needed more experience before fighting Cyborg and wanted about 4 more fights.  She chose to go to 135 because that's where the competition was.  There's no conspiracy theory or need to drop weight classes just to avoid a fight with Cyborg that she didn't have to sign.  Then Cyborg failed a test and got suspended while Ronda went on to become UFc champ and here we are.

It's funny how many people are ignoring your posts in this matter. It's in vem bery Ronda thread that you defend her with true insight.

Vtfu. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 3:52 AM
boxing wiz
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So even if Cyborg cycles off for a couple months to piss clean, she still has a very unfair advantage. The years of taking and using whatever she took has developed her into a extreemely masculine looking female. The effects of years of use wont be erased in a month. Even if she is clean now, she will need to be clean for a long length of time for her to be fighting on even terms.
With that, I still think Ronda exploits her aggression and dumps her as she comes forward, and snatches an arm when Cyborg attempts to muscle Ronda off of her and leaves an arm extended.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.