UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Movie: Under the Skin

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/19/14 10:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KDK1CallingKDK12
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Besides a few nude scenes of Scarlett Johansen's epic rack it was aaaaweful. I can't understand how this movie got such good reviews. I had such high hopes. The standards for movies are so low nowadays. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:01 AM
KDK1CallingKDK12

Never saw species. Is it about a chick alien that preys on dudes? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:37 AM
Cutty McButts
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, but that is literally the only thing the two films have in common. Personally, I would rate it 7/10. I find it refreshing when a movie doesn't feel the need to bash you over the head with exposition explaining every detail, leaving some room for contemplation. If you like superhero movies, you probably won't care for this. (Not saying that's the case with OP) Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:39 AM
Cutty McButts
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, is it just me or is Scotland just now hitting the early 80s? Aside from half the vehicles looking modern, everything looked like it was filmed in the latter part of the last century. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:49 AM
KeezyDoesIt
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dad literally just told me that this was the worst movie he's probably ever seen Phone Post
7/20/14 2:45 AM
groundfighter2000
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scene with the baby left alone on the beach was chilling and sad
7/20/14 6:31 PM
KDK1CallingKDK12

I just think whomever claims this is a good movie is just an artsy fartsy faggo Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 6:48 PM
sublime13
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KDK1CallingKDK12 - I just think whomever claims this is a good movie is just an artsy fartsy faggo Phone Post 3.0
Bro, you just didn't get it, bro Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 6:48 PM
sublime13
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh...I don't know if artsy fags say "bro" Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:06 PM
Mr B
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched it last night. Visually it was interesting, and thought it could've been a good movie.....but it wasn't. Kinda sucked, imo.

Read the synopsis of the book it's based on afterwards. If they had stuck more to that I think it would've been better.

7/20/14 7:21 PM
IBProfane
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want to see this. I know it's available digitally but I can't find the blu-ray anywhere. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:24 PM
astra
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tried watching this earlier today. Turned it off. God awful movie. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:17 PM
KDK1CallingKDK12

astra - Tried watching this earlier today. Turned it off. God awful movie. Phone Post 3.0
How the hell did it get 86% on Rotten Tomatoes? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:39 PM
KDK1CallingKDK12

This review was the only one that watched the same movie I did:

There will no doubt be those that feel the filmmakers are trying to pull a joke on them as the first hour rolls on. As the film opens, we find the unnamed alien attempting to draw men into her car by pretending to be lost. After trying this a few times, she finally gets to give someone a lift, eventually ending up in an entirely black room where the man believes they are about to make out. However, his fate merely involves sinking into a mysterious pool that consumes him. After this, instead of advancing the plot forward, we are treated to the exact same progression of scenes, resulting in another man sinking in the mysterious pool. Surely two would be enough for the filmmakers to get their point across? No, we get to witness the same sequence of events again and again for over half of the film, with the only difference being that she ends up killing one of them beforehand later on. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:27 PM
Granpa
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched it, I liked it. It was different. But then again I like weird and different stuff like that.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.